King Aerospace Reviews | Glassdoor

Jerry King-Echevarria

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manager"

I have been working at King Aerospace full-time

Pros

KA is a quality driven company, it is a place that enables you to do the right thing for the customer. The Mission Statement of the company " Make a Positive difference in the lives of those we employ, those we serve and those we encounter".. It's what makes me keep going.
    Great company with a great vision that takes care of their employees..

Cons

I don't have any cons to speak of. the company has been a great employer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! you are making a difference in many lives.

2. "Freaking Circus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

I have been working at King Aerospace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Jake's Joint chef Larry can cook

Cons

Owner is a liar and a micromanaging fruitcake. He must leave for King Aerospace to have a chance to succeed. Need to hire more staff and mechanics. Maintenance manager is spread too thin. Only two mechanics on staff. Environment is very chaotic with no structure. Having a workforce completely made of contractors is a failed business model. Makes no sense at all. Dumb comes to mind. The cornerstone principles are preached but really don't exist. The employees are treated poorly and it shows in their faces.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the owner (Jerry) and you may have a chance at success. Hire some more leaders and mechanics to support the maintenance organization. Also rid yourself of the egotistical paint manager. Culture needs a complete overhaul. Not allowing facial hair and tattoos does nothing positive. In fact, a recent customer thinks it's negative for King Aerospace when it comes to finding good employees. Who wants to come to Ardmore anyway?

3. "The most unprofessional, unorganized, mismanaged aircraft maintenance facility I have ever seen"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at King Aerospace full-time

Pros

You got serve breakfast every Friday

Cons

No full-time employees all contractors no parts in the Parts Department, no basic inventory on supplies. Waste too much time trying to hunt down the best price on Parts at the very last moment and it sacrifices the maintenance time that was promised to the customer. No sense of urgency and backstabbing from all other departments especially the paint manager.

Advice to Management

Hire some full-time employees that care about their job instead of contractors who do not care about the job. Someone in upper management needs to come down hard on the paint manager he is a POS and thinks nothing but about himself and if he doesn't like you he'll get you fired. He needs to understand he may have been employee number one but he's not the only employee. I feel sorry for the new general manager I hope you last.

4. "Staffing"

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in El Paso, TX

I worked at King Aerospace (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary when deployed to other countries

Cons

Understaffed for the amount of work required to keep aircraft flying

5. "Employee Advocate"

Former Employee - Employee Advocate in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Employee Advocate in El Paso, TX

Pros

Outstanding organization focused on its values towards providing the best quality of work and service to the customer. Maintains team environment and encourages personal growth to all its employees.

Cons

There are no comments noted!

Advice to Management

Maintain the principals of Servant Leadership established within the organization.

6. "GREAT FAMILY"

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in El Paso, TX

I have been working at King Aerospace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the privilege to work for King Aerospace. Over the years I been in the company I have greatly expanded my knowledge and experience as an A&P mechanic and receive good training. Paid if fair and it is the most I have gotten in my aviation career. Most important it is avery family oriented company and has great cover stone principals and an owner that really stand by them. The owner thinks of us as family and really means it. Also we have a great asset, an employee advocate that actually listen and get results. In conclusion I would like to say that King Aerospace might not be the biggest aviation company out there but it is the biggest family I have been part of.

Cons

I have to shave every working day. lol just kidding.

Advice to Management

None

"Hypocritical / Negative / Crazy Environment which is focused on stroking Owners ego"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

I worked at King Aerospace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Minority ownership provides company opportunities for defense contracts. Government contracts provide a span of known work.

Cons

CEO only wants people who will agree with him and provide endless compliments for him and his company. In theory everything sounds great on paper but very little is true. The employees are not taken care of and they are made to feel no mater how hard they work they are bad employees. If you listen to the owner he will tell you how he is a perfect person and does everyone's work. This is a strange place to work. Be careful when considering this place to work.

Advice to Management

Believe in your people and provide an environment where the company is about the people and less about your ego. The principals and all the marketing material sound great but they are not followed from the top down. The only way the principals will work well is it there is a real effort to create a positive work culture.

8. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Supply Technician in Oak Harbor, WA
    Former Employee - Supply Technician in Oak Harbor, WA

Pros

We our site first met the owner we knew we wanted to work for him. We felt a sense of honor and commitment that was not there with previous companies. We knew right after that first 30 minute meeting we would not be taking the union with us. It was a choice we have not regretted. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company. I was very proud to put my blue shirt with the gold wings on everyday.

Cons

I can think of none

9. "Only the Best of the Best of everything at King Aerospace."

Current Employee - Avionics Manager in Ardmore, OK
    Current Employee - Avionics Manager in Ardmore, OK

I have been working at King Aerospace full-time

Pros

The Customer Service is hands down the best i have seen. They go out of their way to make employees and customers feel welcomed and made the right choice to coming to KACC.

In Aviation, we all know there are deadlines and we all do what we can to meet them. King Aerospace is no different, KACC does not take short cuts and ensures the Quality of work is nothing less than the Best.

Safety is a high priority for KACC as a whole. Safety of the aircraft, personnel and test equipment always in mind.

KACC is always looking for new ways to make things better for the employees and for the customers. Currently they are involved with Servant Leadership and Sales Training Programs.

KACC has been a great place to be, I could not make any complaints about the company because they do listen to new ideas that are presented to them and/or work on issues that are presented to them.

KACC is top notch and strides for perfection daily, has top notch employees and expects top notch work. We all are challenged daily, in which I see nothing wrong with that.

Cons

These are not cons of KACC, its for future employees of what to expect:

Expect to pull your weight.
    Do as you say
    Be Honest always
    Be Professional
    Be flexible
    Have Self Pride
    Follow KACC rules and regualtions

Its a great place to work, for those that couldnt make it here, KACC does everything they can to help all employees move towards success.

Advice to Management

KACC needs a bigger parking lot at the Ardmore facility.

10. "Educational"

Current Employee - Facilities Supervisor in Ardmore, OK
    Current Employee - Facilities Supervisor in Ardmore, OK

I have been working at King Aerospace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is pretty good at least for my field. Everyone comes in and does their job under the watchful eye of managment , but not micromanaged for the most part. I have learned a lot working here some about myself some about the job and some about life in general. Cornerstone principle are words to live by but hard to reach,witch keeps one reaching higher and higher.

Cons

Resources areost of the time in short supply the two biggest ones being time and people. This makes the stretch to maintain high quality in a reasonable amount of time almost impossible especially when there there will be something catastrophic that requires attention now, and in my experience weather asked by a supervisor or taking it upon yourself to correct you are still expected to complete your 8 hours worth of work plus repair,replace remove,clean,reinvent,or build new to correct whatever failure or oversight that needs it today and even though you only offer reasons not excuses management considers every word you say as an excuse.

Advice to Management

Before disciplining an employee consider everything he has accomplished even though you don't or have not seen it right hand needs to pay more attention to what the left hand is doing