KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

King President Humam Sakhnini
Humam Sakhnini

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Amazing place

Mar 31, 2022 - Hostess
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful, takes care of staff

Cons

A lot of work to do but it’s worth it

2. 4.0

coach

Dec 8, 2021 - Coach in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to positively impact children's lives

Cons

It can be difficult working in new schools

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

it can be fun, can be toxic. Manager and office matter.

Dec 4, 2020 - Salary Employee - Rather Not Say in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun games, global offices, smart & capable people

Cons

Constant put-downs, name-calling, belittling, stonewalling, gossipping of other colleagues, and extreme micro-managing, I mean into your nights, morning, and weekends. That was my experience with my manager. Years after, I still find myself talking about the experience with my therapist. Thinking back, not all feedback was bad, some were indeed helpful, but not at all communicated in a constructive manner. Inspire your employees, mentor them, if they are still not up to the job, letting them go before all these abusive behaviors. Unfortunately, there were more people who experienced the same under her, none spoke up for various reasons, but the last time I checked, she's been promoted multiple times.

15 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, needs more innovation

Feb 1, 2020 - Private
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome Benefits, great people, yearly company get togethers are memorable and productive

Cons

Since the acquisition, King has lost some of the innovative streak that marked my time there. I hope that will change.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Ads BU feels like a start-up - in a good way

Jan 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

King's Advertising business is a new, high-energy unit hosted within King (SF-NY-London), with plans to scale to Activision-Blizzard more broadly. Growth is high, hiring fast & accelerating, and there's a lot of breaking new grounds to it. It provides good careers prospects, that feeling of creating, and always doing something new. You don't get the painful political processes of a large empire, while being able to leverage their systems. And King's values are quite prevalent (from internal hires) and lived

Cons

There are definitely downsides to be a start-up within a larger company -- you need to invest more energy in shaping your role/market than you would in a comparable position elsewhere, and it can be a risky path too. Leadership is definitely aware of this and is doing a lot to keep people motivated

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A beautiful respite in the tumultuous game industry

Jul 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Games, Games, Games - surrounded by amazing like-minded nerds who come from some of the best companies around, having worked on some of the world's best IP - Heavy focus on diversity and inclusion, it is not just a buzzword here - Data-informed teams/transparency from leadership - Benefit/Compensation - Free noms - Lots of international travel depending on role - Lack of toxic masculinity that permeates other studio's cultures - everyone is heard here! - Mission statement: Every day we look to create IP and content that makes people smile. We are inclusive, your aunt, mom and best friend have played at least one of our games!

Cons

- If you're in North America, expect lots of early morning calls with folks across the pond. (If you're a morning person, move this bullet into the pro section.) - Certain segments of the business occasionally have a hard time understanding issues based on region and is very EU centric, we're working on it!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun place to work

Mar 22, 2017 - Game Team in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership has really paved the way for innovation on our next wave of titles. We have a lot of leeway to be creative and try things to create the next big thing for mobile. - Lunches and snacks are plentiful and the office location in Downtown Seattle is central and near a bunch of great stuff. - Leadership in the studio has given the game teams a lot of autonomy to build the games and features that they want. - We probably have the best culture and teamwork at the studio that we have had in years.

Cons

- Communication with central King Leadership is sometimes slow, which can hamper our ability to get stuff done quickly.

3 people found this review helpful

King Response

HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share it on with the local HR team for future reference. Best regards / King HR representative

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Z2 Studio

Feb 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Seattle studio (Z2) is firing on all cylinders - we have exciting new projects, talented co-workers and managers who are dialed in, but give us enough space and empower us to make cool stuff. Last year had lots of ups and downs, but the leadership team here has given us the green light to do what we need to do to make great games. 2017 is going to be a big year for us, excited to see how everything develops.

Cons

Seems like the office budget has gotten tighter, less team events/celebrations than in the past. It's fun to get together on a Friday and talk shop.

9. 5.0

Seattle Studio Rocks! Overall Awesome Company

Feb 9, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seattle studio has an amazing culture of collaboration and innovation. Lou F has done a great job uniting the studio through informative sprint reviews and all hands meetings, while taking the time to work with all the development teams who are in the process of making the next great game. The studio's only live game, Paradise Bay continues to kick butt after its strong push through the holidays.

Cons

They recently stopped serving lunch on Fridays. Oh well, guess the breakfast, free snacks and drinks will have to do.

3 people found this review helpful

King Response

Global Employer Brand

Great and thanks for sharing your experience! And agreed, keeping the focus on creating brilliant games is the most important. Best Regards / King representative

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

If you want to work with great people

Feb 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people - Lots of really smart and super friendly people. Great work life balance. Its strongly encouraged to get your work done in a 8hr workday and then turn off. Great senior leadership. Very accessible. Many of them have been there for 10+ years and are still very passionate. Great culture in general.

Cons

Some politics as expected from a company of this size.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 418 Reviews
</>Embed

King Reviews FAQs

King has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 477 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at King to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, King employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at King. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

69% of King employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated King 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at King to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with King Job Seekers