King Soopers Cashier Reviews | Glassdoor

King Soopers CEO Russ Dispense
Russ Dispense

"Ex Full Timer"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Englewood, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent "reward" benefits such as discount tickets and care buying assistance, also 10% off anything you purchase that is a Kroger brand.

Cons

Not enough hours. Getting a higher paid position also takes too long. Even IF: you have a great deal of experience, you are articulate, you are more capable than other employees, and you've proven your worth. Bigger opportunities exist, but only if you're willing to relocate to any store they're able to throw at you.

Advice to Management

I understand honoring the "seniority" system but please acknowledge and reward the employees that go out of the way to make things easier. I know I personally go out of my way to do extra deep cleaning and facing when working front end, and so do most of my co-workers. Kind words or small gestures would mean a great deal!

King Soopers2017-09-12
  2. "Decent job all depends on who your managers are."

Former Employee - Cashier/Courtesy Clerk in Centennial, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of my coworkers were nice and fun to be around. Some of the managers were great also. Gave me days off when I requested them.

Cons

Scheduling. You're pretty much at the bottom of the food chain when you first start working here, so they will schedule you for all the worst hours and you don't really get a choice in the matter. Days off are always random, and never the weekend it seems. Some managers talked about me and other employees behind our backs, saying negative things about us. Didn't discipline any of the people who were being lazy with...

Advice to Management

Stop saying negative things about your coworkers, especially negative things about peoples personalities, and how you dislike them as people. Show more discipline to the people who don't do their job, it makes it so us hard workers just want to quit because you do nothing about it and let it continue.

King Soopers2017-09-07
  3. "Cashier part time $10.30 an hr"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Brighton, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

Weekly paycheck. 10% Employee Discount on company brands Kroger Private Selections Pssst etc In store Starbucks gives us 10% discount and my nearby subway too.

Cons

Pay is not good. i never get the days off i request. when i have a high fever they make you come in. We have to work holidays but we new employees don’t get payed time and a half :(

Advice to Management

They need to care for the employees. If you don’t do anything about it. It’s no wonder everyone is quitting. They should back us up when customers are yelling at you and we cant really defend ourselves.

King Soopers2017-09-27
  4. "worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Cashier in Parker, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you do not mind the everyday BS of not having the help it is ok to work for.

Cons

Never any help as far as baggers and cashiers and other areas of the store are short handed. Customers have to bag their own groceries all the time. Always getting breaks and lunches late or not at all half of the time. Head clerks are almost always on registers or not at all running the front end like they should

King Soopers2017-09-22
  5. "Awesome and Caring Employer"

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk and Cashier in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time

Pros

10% employee discount, caring and patient supervisors, kind coworkers, very helpful people, gives 20+ hours per week guaranteed, union workplace

Cons

Scheduling not always flexible, training could be improved, customers can be annoying, but mostly a good place to work, especially for a first job

King Soopers2017-08-08

"Cashier Part-Time"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Brighton, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

10% discount on Kroger brands, 2x fuel points all summer long, weekly paycheck raise every 1,000+ hrs. holiday pay on major holidays Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4th of July? but, i don't know if that only applies to people who've worked there more than 1 year.

Cons

you don't get breaks and lunch on time. customers like any place treat you like trash, and like you're nothing comparing to them. you are not guaranteed to get your requested days off you are required to work the next day you get your wisdom teeth out even if you were prescribed a pain killer (oxi)

Advice to Management

When employees have a problem, please listen to them.

King Soopers2017-07-10
  7. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers for less than a year

Pros

Getting discounts on things in the store

Cons

All of the rude customers

Advice to Management

Manage the stores better that you are

King Soopers2017-02-01

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my co-workers and the flexibility to move around the store.

Cons

It was really difficult to get my manager to work with my schedule while going to school. Upper management can get super finicky over small details.

King Soopers2017-01-25

"Horrible experience for barely worth it pay.."

Former Employee - Cashier in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get paid money. The insurance is decent, or was when I worked there. The employee discount on Kroger items was helpful for non-food items like knock-off Charmin toilet paper and knock-off Bounty paper towels.

Cons

Stay too long and you can actually start to feel yourself losing your will to live. Unions exist there solely to gobble up your pay check and laugh in your face when you need help. $15 an hour sounds nice on paper, but after the union dues and taxes it's more like $9 to $10. Vacations, days off, and your weekly schedule can be changed with no notice if a person with more union seniority decides they want the day you have...

Advice to Management

Get the unions out of grocery stores so that hard working employees can prove themselves and earn their pay rather than you sitting there having to fork out money for people who complain constantly about their need for more breaks and more pay for the lackluster job they do.

King Soopers2016-10-14
  10. "It was nice and had a good pay"

Former Employee - Cashier in Longmont, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really excellent pay and you get a good employ discount

Cons

Some times can be a bit unclean and messy

Advice to Management

Get more Janitors and help keep the store cleaner

King Soopers2016-08-23