King Soopers Cashier Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 33 reviews

3.1
King Soopers CEO Russ Dispense
Russ Dispense
  1. "Tough Choice...Decided to leave"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with some nice people. This was my first job and helped me develop business and life skills. I feel like I have become a better communicator interacting with customers.

Cons

Managers don't often present a level of professionalism. I am a student and want to work as many hours this summer, but averaged 20-25 a week. Now school has started again, I offered my availability to managers, but now continually am scheduled 30+ hours a week, which would have been great over the summer. However, I can now only work 20 hours. Managers are not willing to work with me because the store is short staffed....

Advice to Management

Treat all employee with respect regardless of the position in the company.

King Soopers2016-09-02

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at King Soopers

Pros

Co workers were great people.

Cons

Management made the job harder than it need to be.

King Soopers2016-05-26

"My feelings of Kinsoopers"

Former Employee - Cashier in Lakewood, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great and ideal for someone who doesn't want or have family to be with.. open random schedule.

Cons

You began to feel like you live at work you can't have a personal life world is work a d not well appreciated

Advice to Management

You have family you get time to spend with. Employees would be happier if they were treated with a little more respect wasn't promised and lied to and had more time away from work.

King Soopers2016-01-21

"Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good pay raises, insurance, and paid vacation

Cons

you have to be there a long time to make enough to survive on your own or get any schedule you want

Advice to Management

give a higher minimum hours. 20 hours a week is not enough to live on unless you have a roommate and make at least $13 an hour

King Soopers2015-07-24

"Do not apply if u r looking for part time or are a single parent. U get no family time or social time."

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Englewood, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Most people are nice.. The discounts are great and double fuel points for gas all the time... Convient to cash Ur pay check with no cost...

Cons

Barley any training at all. I only did 4 hours of training on the computer... Took 2 classes.and then they threw me on the floor after standing with someone for only 20 mins... I do admit I cought on pretty quick but....... Trying to learn all the produce codes when your store is super busy and short staffed!!!! No no no.... And I also only wanted P/T from day one I have been working 40 hours... And they don't care...

Advice to Management

If u hire ppl that only can work P/T then please be considerate of their family life as well!!!! We r not machines we r human beings!!! Please treat US like it!!!

King Soopers2015-06-25

"Bad job if you're a student."

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Cashier in Broomfield, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a nice, social environment. The coworkers and management were incredibly friendly. It was a good experience for a first job. It's easy to move up in positions - I was trained as a cashier after working there for only a month.

Cons

The hours (maybe it's just at this location) were not flexible at all and they had me working 30+ hours while I was trying to finish my last semester of high school. Courtesy Clerks get paid minimum wage to collect carts outside in extreme weather (whether it's 100 degrees or below zero). Very fast-paced environment.

King Soopers2014-04-16

"Decent enough for what it was"

Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay check, met some really great people.

Cons

Unpredictable schedules that may conflict with a school schedule if you're a student. I was told when I applied that my work schedule would not conflict with my school schedule; unfortunately, that was not always the case. Breaks and lunches are not always guaranteed, no matter how long you work during the day. Some managers get shrewd and mark off breaks you never took or push off lunches so other, older employees can...

Advice to Management

Respect that your employees are intelligent beings with lives outside of the corporation. We are not robots that can be commanded do to one task until the end of time or until our batteries need replacing. That being said, please don't skirt around the truth when employees ask about the specifics of a certain item. We can read and understand that a credit card is a credit card, no matter what fancy name you give it.

King Soopers2014-04-15
  8. "Cashier - Great company, nice stores, customers suck, be wary of unions"

Former Employee - Cashier in Evergreen, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to schedule around school, decent pay, easy to change depts. and/or advance, solid company structure, competent management, great training, nice environment

Cons

High turnover, not much or too much culture, ometimes corporate policy can be annoying, some depts. are union, which may be a pro for some. And you can't blame the company, but they do attract some snobby customers.

Advice to Management

Transferring employees to different stores when they advance to management is not always the best solution.

King Soopers2014-03-08
  9. "It was a good highschool job, have to have full availability to move up in the company though."

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk/Cashier in Loveland, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked around the school schedule well Great customer service experience and other training Good values for a grocery store

Cons

If you are in college or have any other commitments it is very hard to move up in the company. Pay is not the most competitive Do not give performance or timely raises often

King Soopers2013-06-24

"The worst place I have ever worked!"

Former Employee - Cashier in Thornton, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe the 10% discount on Kroger brand products. In this economy 10% for subpar product is nothing.

Cons

No flexibility in schedules. Have to wait a year to qualify for horrible benefits. Got sick and called in, was advised by the store manager that being sick was unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage people as human beings and not objects.

King Soopers2013-02-16