King Soopers Front End Cashier Reviews | Glassdoor

Russ Dispense

"Cashier Part-Time"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Brighton, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

10% discount on Kroger brands, 2x fuel points all summer long, weekly paycheck raise every 1,000+ hrs. holiday pay on major holidays Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4th of July? but, i don't know if that only applies to people who've worked there more than 1 year.

Cons

you don't get breaks and lunch on time. customers like any place treat you like trash, and like you're nothing comparing to them. you are not guaranteed to get your requested days off you are required to work the next day you get your wisdom teeth out even if you were prescribed a pain killer (oxi)

Advice to Management

When employees have a problem, please listen to them.

King Soopers2017-07-10
  2. "Good enough for what it is"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent. Lots of advancement opportunities. Mostly unionized.

Cons

Scheduling can be very inflexible depending on your seniority, so it can be challenging to work there while doing college or another job. Quality of the management is very hit-or-miss.

King Soopers2019-06-07
    • "Good to students"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Boulder, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers were very accommodating of scheduling needs. Good job to do when you're in college

Cons

It is a beginner job, after all. Pay is pretty poor.

King Soopers2019-01-23

"Ex Full Timer"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Englewood, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent "reward" benefits such as discount tickets and care buying assistance, also 10% off anything you purchase that is a Kroger brand.

Cons

Not enough hours. Getting a higher paid position also takes too long. Even IF: you have a great deal of experience, you are articulate, you are more capable than other employees, and you've proven your worth. Bigger opportunities exist, but only if you're willing to relocate to any store they're able to throw at you.

Advice to Management

I understand honoring the "seniority" system but please acknowledge and reward the employees that go out of the way to make things easier. I know I personally go out of my way to do extra deep cleaning and facing when working front end, and so do most of my co-workers. Kind words or small gestures would mean a great deal!

King Soopers2017-09-12
    • "Cashier part time $10.30 an hr"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Brighton, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

Weekly paycheck. 10% Employee Discount on company brands Kroger Private Selections Pssst etc In store Starbucks gives us 10% discount and my nearby subway too.

Cons

Pay is not good. i never get the days off i request. when i have a high fever they make you come in. We have to work holidays but we new employees don’t get payed time and a half :(

Advice to Management

They need to care for the employees. If you don’t do anything about it. It’s no wonder everyone is quitting. They should back us up when customers are yelling at you and we cant really defend ourselves.

King Soopers2017-09-27
    • "Tough Choice...Decided to leave"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with some nice people. This was my first job and helped me develop business and life skills. I feel like I have become a better communicator interacting with customers.

Cons

Managers don't often present a level of professionalism. I am a student and want to work as many hours this summer, but averaged 20-25 a week. Now school has started again, I offered my availability to managers, but now continually am scheduled 30+ hours a week, which would have been great over the summer. However, I can now only work 20 hours. Managers are not willing to work with me because the store is short staffed....

Advice to Management

Treat all employee with respect regardless of the position in the company.

King Soopers2016-09-02