King Soopers Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
King Soopers President Russ Dispense
Russ Dispense

Pros
Cons
  • Very customer focused which can make a work life balance hard to maintain under certain situations (in 17 reviews)

• Upper management dosent treat employees fairly (in 23 reviews)

"Could and should do better"

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People you work with are great.

Cons

Management does not respect employees as they should.
    Hours aren't great (Retail)
    A company that depends so much on customer service, should treat its employees better

Advice to Management

Acknowledge, Assist, and Appreciate your employees

2. "Review"

Pros

Flexible schedule, good team, nice environment

Cons

Management is difficult, soley based on negative feedback

"Not a good job"

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Castle Rock, CO
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Castle Rock, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some nice bosses
    - Nice co-workers
    - Paid weekly

Cons

-Upper management is useless and/or rude
    - You are punished for calling in sick, just once
    - Low pay, and rude customers

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect, and don't get mad when employees do something you don't like when the employee handbook says it is what you should do.

"courtesy clerk/ bagger"

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

You can get promoted fairly quickly.

Cons

Management expects too much out of you for little pay.

Advice to Management

Pay the courtesy clerks/ baggers more than just $9.00. and give set schedules to those that have families, second job or going to school. Equipped the cc's and head clerk with hand radio for communication when out doing carts.

"Only Good If You Really Need a Job"

Pros

It was an ok job for the 3 years I worked here. Look, it helped me get me my first car which is great.

Cons

Did you know what I had to do to get that car? Work overnights when I didn't have to due to "seniority" which is complete bull. Holidays? What are those? If you want to go to school, then quit. King Soopers does not give a rat's tooth about you wanting to better yourself. They would rather make you management and after that point say good bye to your life all together. And did I mention the sexual harassment I got? Yeah! As a female I had to deal with my male co-workers talking about what's in my pants and that I should use this razor to shave. And did I go to management and the union about this? YES! And what happened? "Oh well you see, that guy has a mental disability called asburger and that means he doesn't know what he is saying." So me and tons of other female employees get to deal with this and he gets off scott free?! Just because he says he has a condition?! And even to customers too he pulls this kind of act. Or how about the other male co-worker that enjoyed "massaging" other co-workers without consent? Oh he doesn't get fired cause I am uncomfortable about some creep touching me. No I get sent to overnight shifts in grocery as to "not cause conflict".
    So if you are a female looking to work for this company, don't.

Advice to Management

Ummmmm, how about you care about ALL your employees and not act like some king who doesn't have to do a thing?! OR how about getting rid of employees that can't follow common sense (i.e. stop the sexual harassment!)

"Ughhhh"

Pros

Ok pay and fun coworkers

Cons

Management sucks. You can try your best but it will not be appreciated

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees more and quit treating them like trash

"My own experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working part time at king soopers because i needed a 2nd job, they were amazing at start with flexible schedule, cool management...
    I thought i would never leave.

Cons

the first days were ok, with a minor discomfort from who i assumed was a manger because i didn't know the status & who expected from me to know the job before getting trained...
    the pay rate was minimum wage 8.23$/h.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees so they would not think about leaving at the first occasion.

"Customer service associate"

I worked at King Soopers part-time

Pros

The 10%discount on all Kroger products or simply fit products anything Kroger related. They are flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Even if your part time they want you to join the union. The union takes out dues every paycheck. When you ask what is the union doing for me? They can't give you a real answer other than they help keep you employed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on keeping the stores clean and we'll stocked. Thank you for caring for the cart attendants.

10. "Deli Clerk"

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, good coworkers, felt like a necessary component to the deli. Hard work and rewarding pay. Fair breaks and good customer interaction.

Cons

The managers didnt understand what to do when there were issues, impatient customers, really short staffed and was hard to keep good employees

Advice to Management

d ddjsjdj sjsjjs ahahhh jfjdjd ashshshah a, a adbshdhh sjdjdj d ddbhshs djdjsbahs djsjaj sshs dd dd dbdbdbs d dd s d d d d fff. dd d

"A soul-crushing job"

Current Employee - Floral Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Floral Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, employee discount

Cons

No work-life balance whatsoever, the company owns you, low morale, store managers have no trust in their department managers, micromanaging of schedules and policies, company is too reactive (resorting to punishment at the slightest infraction) rather than proactive (giving employees necessary training), insufficient tools and equipment to do ones job efficiently (broken/missing handhelds etc)

Advice to Management

Too many assistant managers in the stores. Stop promoting anyone with a pulse to be an assistant store manager. Most are young and cocky and have very little retail experience to back up their title but arrive in the store fresh out of MD1 ready to fire good employees. Move "problematic" store managers around more often. Our store manager has been driving customers and employees off like flies, the store is a shadow of what it used to be, yet this manager retains their position with no repercussions and is going on three years of tyranny. Maybe loss prevention needs to be watching shoplifters more often and focusing less about where employees are parking or how long they are going on breaks. With each raise, it seems this company is determined to suck the soul from its employees. Not the way to do business and retain employees! Your company values are honesty, integrity, inclusion, safety, diversity and respect, maybe try demonstrating those values instead of merely paying them lip service.