King Soopers Reviews | Glassdoor

King Soopers Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good pay and benifits are pretty good (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits, you get healthcare and a 401k (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Very customer focused which can make a work life balance hard to maintain under certain situations (in 16 reviews)

• Upper management couldn't care less about their employees (in 22 reviews)

1. "Night crew"

Current Employee - Grocery Night Clerk in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Grocery Night Clerk in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at King Soopers part-time

Pros

Zero pros to this job

Cons

Part time to kings means 60 to 70 hrs a week. Equipment is always broken or in the worst shape it could be in. Management rather the store look good than working the load to the shelf. Completely unrealistic goals set for the night crew.

Advice to Management

Find a new line of work.

2. "King Soopers Review"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Gunbarrel, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Gunbarrel, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, most of the management cared about the employees

Cons

Not enough training for a job involving sensitive money-handling tasks. Employees would be written up for a violation that was taught only once, during online training. No signs were posted regarding important rules for Western Union, etc. Pay was very low. Those in charge of scheduling often give over full time hours to part-time employees, with no benefits. Did not listen to scheduling requests for doctors' appointments, etc.

Advice to Management

Provide more training when it is clear that employees need it. Respect the fact that employees may need certain schedules to work around other responsibilities.

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

Pros

Co workers were great people.

Cons

Management made the job harder than it need to be.

5. "Grocery"

Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, weekly pay.

Cons

Got way too corporate literally no autonomy at the store level which is a big issue store to store and clientele that shop there.

Advice to Management

Nothing to the store manager I had but Upper management and schematic guy..... wow just because it says it on a paper doesn't make it so. Seriously look at sales before you seemingly arbitrarily give products that don't sell more facings that do sell, even if they sell at other stores. AUTONOMY.

6. "Starbucks Barista at City Market-Great College Job"

Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Gunnison, CO
    Former Employee - Barista - Starbucks in Gunnison, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No tips were allowed but the pay was good, especially for a college student.
    Worked with college schedule.

Cons

Wasn't allowed to take tips and customers always wanted to tip. Just made it awkward.
    No freebies, but was allowed to make samples for grocery patrons.

7. "Great place to get experience"

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Castle Pines, CO
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Castle Pines, CO

Pros

My only work experience was Nanny. I wanted to find work where I can get as much experience and KingSoopers was down the street so I knew that was where I wanted to work. I started in grocery then I switched to Dairy. I looked for opportunities to learn and I was given opportunities to learn new things. In less then a year I've learned how to order, stock, I learned where things went and most of how things worked. Learning how to order took me 2 weeks to get the hang of ordering dairy. I fully got to understand how to use the handheld when I started to learn how to order.

Cons

you are asked to do a lot in 8 hours. Sometime you don't have time to take 15 min breaks. During busy hours customers are constantly asking you questions so it's hard to do your work.

"Really?"

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Longmont, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the coworkers were super fun to work with. The job wasn't super difficult. You always end up with a funny story to take home.

Cons

The store was filthy. The customers are sketchy. Some coworkers are complete losers who only care about their appearance to higher ups and their seniority over any of the coworkers. 99% of the managers don't care at all about their employees and refuse to help work around them. Most of the time they wouldn't care about your schedule for things like doctors appointments or school and instead chose to offer for you to quit or not take the time off. Many times when I was ill they still asked me to come in even though I was puking and it's against OSHA rules to have sick employees around food (bakery).

Advice to Management

Get it together. Care about your workers. Stop favoriting one over another. Attempt to work with staff and encourage a more healthy work environment.

"Staff Pharmacist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Stores are well staffed compared to other companies. There are opportunities to be involved in mtm and point if care screening. Very easy to get vacations approached and lunches and breaks are always given to the employee

Cons

Metrics are a focus by the general managers but the day to day operations should be looked at more closely. It seems if you can find a way to meet the goals even if your just tricking the system, that is rewarded. Also extra tasks line immunizations are added to daily goals but no extra hours a added to accommodate providing these services.

Advice to Management

Meet all your goals or you will be harrassed on a daily basis.

"Shady bullying tactics"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Castle Pines, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Castle Pines, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time

Pros

It's better than being broke, but only because starvation and homelessness are terrible. I wish I could add an actual pro to the list, but I'm not high enough on the totem pole for that.

Cons

The management is not afraid to bully their employees into submission - they've even gone so far as to falsify documents to punish employees for false charges when their real complaints about said employee are not valid justification for punishment.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people instead of property, and stop playing games with our livelihoods. We're just trying to survive, and some of us have families to support.

"Overworked"

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Englewood, CO

I worked at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's in a union so it's basically impossible to get fired.

Cons

It's in a union.
    the management is terrible.
    They are understaffed, and the hours are terrible.

Advice to Management

Don't complain about working 12 hour shifts, and actually do your share of the work in those 12 hours.