Cover image for KingsIsle Entertainment

36% Recommend to a Friend
29% Approve of CEO

Found 73 of over 78 reviews

2.7
KingsIsle Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Elie Akilian (no image)
Elie Akilian

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity

Oct 19, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- room to grow -tenured team

Cons

- tenured team is sometimes set in old ways (but that’s improving )

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Racism & Harassment (ice cream involved)

Aug 12, 2022 - Community Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun games, good co-workers. Team members would give me and my children unlimited crowns, membership, and spellements.

Cons

I had multiple instances of Executives & Community Managers eating a lot of ice cream in front of me and making comments about my race which made it really hard to concentrate on my work. Every time they came into the break room and started eating it in front of me I had to just try to ignore them, but it was extremely difficult.

3. Join the KingsIsle Entertainment team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Steer Clear - terrible work/life balance, poor leadership, constant known OT, toxic, perpetual politics

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wore so many hats that studios were fighting for me when I started applying for other jobs - not exactly a pro, but I guess I learned a lot.

Cons

-I literally had to work while I arranged funeral services for two of my family members. This is one of those studios where unlimited PTO is a joke because 1) you're always on even when you're off and 2) you have to schedule your PTO around when you know people aren't going to be able to function without you. I got Teams messages at 6 AM and 7:30 PM on the same days for non-emergency issues. -The pay is an absolute joke to start with. Then they give you more responsibility dangling small raises in front of you that you never get. -C-level is spineless. They'll let you take their hits to save their own butts and then apologize about it in a private Teams message later. My department was called "BS" in a company-wide meeting. The commentary was never shut down just followed by further bashing. There were no repercussions. This stuff happened so often to my dept and others. -Still hasn't hired backfill from the acquisition... Over a year ago... Teams have been without knowledgeable management and hands to help with the workload for over a year. We've been left to drown. I was told, "I know you're working over 40 hrs a week." Okay if you know that then solve for that. There's so, so much more, but you get the drift.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Graphic

Feb 15, 2022 - Graphic Designer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy schedule and great benefits

Cons

Not many cons for working at kingsile

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not bad not great

Aug 30, 2021 - QA Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers were good people.

Cons

One of the most boring jobs I've ever had.

7. 3.0

Great environment, sub-standard pay

Jul 20, 2021 - QA Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are great, the atmosphere is comfortable, it's a happy place to work.

Cons

You make about 50-60% what you would for the same title at another company.

8. 3.0

Had it's ups and downs.

Jun 2, 2021 - Test Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Located in a great area.

Cons

There wasn't any real incentive to work harder. I did not find myself wanting to move up within the company.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, no desire to take care of their fanbase content-wise

Mar 29, 2021 - Programmer in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alright work environment and people.

Cons

One has to wonder if anyone is even interested in competitive game balance or content with a shred of innovation. Lack of creativity is suffocating.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Wonderful!!!

Oct 7, 2020 - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team and many company events

Cons

There is no big issue

11. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Two and a half stars

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and benefits lack of crunch Friendly relaxed office but also mature and professional Cheese Day

Cons

Extremely risk averse and metric driven Most employees are just collecting a pay check Promotions are based on seniority rather than merit, therefore many senior positions are filled by people who have little experience outside of Kingsisle or no leadership skills.

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Reviews
</>Embed

KingsIsle Entertainment Reviews FAQs

KingsIsle Entertainment has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 36% of employees would recommend working at KingsIsle Entertainment to a friend and 19% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, KingsIsle Entertainment employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at KingsIsle Entertainment. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

36% of KingsIsle Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KingsIsle Entertainment 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at KingsIsle Entertainment to be career development, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with KingsIsle Entertainment Job Seekers