- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Texas
- - Austin, TX Area
- - Austin, TX
- - Round Rock, TX
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Plano, TX
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Pennsylvania
Found 73 of over 78 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people." (in 11 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance." (in 5 reviews)
- "My coworkers were good people." (in 4 reviews)
- "Lots of talent, very friendly work environment, decent work/life balance." (in 4 reviews)
- "Decent benefit package as the company is growing so there are changes for the better each year." (in 4 reviews)
- "Over a year ago... Teams have been without knowledgeable management and hands to help with the workload for over a year." (in 7 reviews)
- "Also in the past, upper management was not always open to change or new ideas or supporting the various departments as some would have liked, but I feel with the new people they are bringing in and the move to Steam they are proving they want the company to succeed." (in 5 reviews)
- "There was little transparency from Sr. Management, and they provided little feedback down to the department heads." (in 4 reviews)
- "Middle management has serious decision paralysis and are ill equipped to lead teams." (in 3 reviews)
- "Antiquated PTO policy." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 19, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- room to grow -tenured team
- tenured team is sometimes set in old ways (but that’s improving )
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 12, 2022 - Community Manager in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fun games, good co-workers. Team members would give me and my children unlimited crowns, membership, and spellements.
I had multiple instances of Executives & Community Managers eating a lot of ice cream in front of me and making comments about my race which made it really hard to concentrate on my work. Every time they came into the break room and started eating it in front of me I had to just try to ignore them, but it was extremely difficult.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Steer Clear - terrible work/life balance, poor leadership, constant known OT, toxic, perpetual politicsMar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I wore so many hats that studios were fighting for me when I started applying for other jobs - not exactly a pro, but I guess I learned a lot.
-I literally had to work while I arranged funeral services for two of my family members. This is one of those studios where unlimited PTO is a joke because 1) you're always on even when you're off and 2) you have to schedule your PTO around when you know people aren't going to be able to function without you. I got Teams messages at 6 AM and 7:30 PM on the same days for non-emergency issues. -The pay is an absolute joke to start with. Then they give you more responsibility dangling small raises in front of you that you never get. -C-level is spineless. They'll let you take their hits to save their own butts and then apologize about it in a private Teams message later. My department was called "BS" in a company-wide meeting. The commentary was never shut down just followed by further bashing. There were no repercussions. This stuff happened so often to my dept and others. -Still hasn't hired backfill from the acquisition... Over a year ago... Teams have been without knowledgeable management and hands to help with the workload for over a year. We've been left to drown. I was told, "I know you're working over 40 hrs a week." Okay if you know that then solve for that. There's so, so much more, but you get the drift.
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 15, 2022 - Graphic Designer in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Easy schedule and great benefits
Not many cons for working at kingsileContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 30, 2021 - QA AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My coworkers were good people.
One of the most boring jobs I've ever had.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 20, 2021 - QA Analyst in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people you work with are great, the atmosphere is comfortable, it's a happy place to work.
You make about 50-60% what you would for the same title at another company.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 2, 2021 - Test Analyst in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Located in a great area.
There wasn't any real incentive to work harder. I did not find myself wanting to move up within the company.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 29, 2021 - Programmer in Plano, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Alright work environment and people.
One has to wonder if anyone is even interested in competitive game balance or content with a shred of innovation. Lack of creativity is suffocating.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 7, 2020 - Data Analyst in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Friendly team and many company events
There is no big issue
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Decent pay and benefits lack of crunch Friendly relaxed office but also mature and professional Cheese Day
Extremely risk averse and metric driven Most employees are just collecting a pay check Promotions are based on seniority rather than merit, therefore many senior positions are filled by people who have little experience outside of Kingsisle or no leadership skills.Continue reading
KingsIsle Entertainment Reviews FAQs
KingsIsle Entertainment has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 36% of employees would recommend working at KingsIsle Entertainment to a friend and 19% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
36% of KingsIsle Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KingsIsle Entertainment 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.