Kingston Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Kingston Technology Co-Founder and CEO John Tu
John Tu
Pros
Cons
  • "No room for advancement, many department heads are older so people that get a position hold onto it for as long as possible(in 5 reviews)

• "Little to no chances for career growth(in 3 reviews)

"Let's Go!"

Current Employee - Product Engineer

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazed with how adaptable this company is. I am young in my career and this is only my third job but I can tell it is special. They really seem to appreciate feedback from all genders, ages, ethnic backgrounds you name it. It is very open and transparent. I really do love working here

Cons

Work environment could be better. Snack, daycare, carpool help. All the things the super cool companies do would be awesome

Advice to Management

Tell us what is going to happen when the owners retire. We are all worried about it and it is a distraction. Also keeping young people from thinking this is a place they want to stay for a long time.

Kingston Technology2019-08-14

"Amazing company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From top to bottom workers are great and fun Family oriented company No toxic or harassment work environment HR is always involved, open, and on top of everything New CSR initiatives

Cons

Doesn’t follow modern work perks No flexible works schedules No work from home No snacks, catering, daycare etc

Kingston Technology2019-12-18
  3. "Greatest Company ever!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you are surrounded with treat you like a family. They make you want to work for them. The benefits are spectacular.

Cons

Not many cons for this company.

Kingston Technology2019-04-11

"Horrible Place to work at as a Temp"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Kingston Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think it's a good place to be an employee but I was only there as a temp worker so I'm not sure.

Cons

They wanted us to work on a Saturday and not pay us. They wanted the two temps to compete for one position; neither one of us got the job. We also worked overtime and weren't paid.

Kingston Technology2019-02-27

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Highly successful, profitable company with a positive and friendly work environment. Opportunity to experiment and grow in your area of discipline. Great people who genuinely strive to do the right thing.

Cons

Some areas are innovative and others very committed to tradition this combination can be tough to navigate.

Kingston Technology2019-01-05

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Sales Managee in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits including work-our classes. Good bonuses. Friendly environment . Good place to learn

Cons

Little to no chances for career growth. Not flexible working hours, inability to work from home. Old school management

Kingston Technology2018-12-14
  7. "Experience"

I worked at Kingston Technology full-time

Pros

Great international experience. Also, excellent APAC VP.

Cons

Culture not for everyone since it is a privately held company.

Kingston Technology2018-09-27

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits including working out classes. Advices are listen most of the time. HR is always getting good new programs for the employees. Great bonuses. Very good place to learn. Very happy to work here.

Cons

Not flexible schedules. Workload sometimes is very heavy for the amount of people per department. Salaries. are not the best.

Advice to Management

The company needs to follow new world trends about flexible schedule, this will help to the employees to save time and stress because of the traffic in the area.

Kingston Technology2018-04-02

"Great if you're family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Kingston Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can learn a lot on the job. Easy to get opportunity if you know how to work the system and Get to know management. Golfing helps. A lot of incentives for team building including subsidized golfing, bowling, fitness classes and free lunches. Everyone is really nice.

Cons

A lot of unqualified people in strategic positions because they are related to family or were hired because they are friends with family. There are a lot of very arrogant managers and they all hang around with each other and gossip about everyone else. There is a lot of favoritism too. If you are younger, there are nice advantages since the company is hiring a lot of young people to counter balance most of the employees there that have been there forever! Not a "cool" company to work at, but a really good one. There seems to be a lot of nice people, but some old timers who don't see happy, but I don't know why. It is a private company and they can get away with anything. I get great bonuses because I play the game and boost my managers ego. All the managers are family, so there is no use to try and argue with them. If you just go there to work, you will be fine. Very easy work and even the managers work very light hours. Have heard of top management team doing things that would land them in jail at any public companies, but seems as if it is accepted here, it is so weird. I am shocked at how successful they are when so many basic things are broken.

Advice to Management

have more structure. Be fair to all employees

Kingston Technology2018-05-08

"Social Media Manager"

I worked at Kingston Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very flexible, able to learn a lot. Great place to start.

Cons

No room to grow. Some people take advantage of the company. You can get away with a lot of negativity.

Advice to Management

Be open to younger advice on how to do things. Don't favor those who did bad and ignore the ones that are doing good. Give credit to those that deserve it.

Kingston Technology2018-03-29