Kingwood Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great Beginning"

Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small enough to learn, but just big enough to have a full days worth of work.

Cons

Services several cities across several county lines.

Advice to Management

Have better salary ranges

"Horrible management in the pediatric ER, dangerous patient environment."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow nurses were great. There is a good discount at the hospital cafeteria. There is free parking for employees. That's about all the pros

Cons

Real chance of losing your RN license. HCA is all about money, not patient care. The use an ancient version of Meditech that hinders patient care and proper documentation. Crucial medication is not readily available and can take over an hour to acquire from pharmacy.

Advice to Management

Please focus on patient care, not cost cutting.

"RN Case Mananager"

Former Employee - RN Case Management in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - RN Case Management in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice new facility and a good location if you live in Kingwood/Humble area. Most of the staff are really nice.

Cons

Not the best salary; NO work/life balance and management was not empathetic if family issues came about. The social workers are lazy and the RN Case Managers do all of the work.

4. "good"

Former Employee - Nutrition Attendant in Humble, TX
    Former Employee - Nutrition Attendant in Humble, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn new things at work.

Cons

Team oriented work wt people.

5. "Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician II in Porter, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician II in Porter, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok place to work. Good hours

Cons

Too many people doing a little work

"CNA"

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant/Medical ­ Surgical in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant/Medical ­ Surgical in Houston, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to learn while you are attending nursing school.

Cons

Better support from management, Everyone should would together as a team. No one is better than the next

Advice to Management

Value your employees and don't be a bully because of your power.

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - RN Med Surg Tele in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - RN Med Surg Tele in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better pay if you sign for higher level of PRN

Cons

Understaffed. Micromanagement. Many write offs. Poor communication. Very old
    Documentation system

Advice to Management

Value your staff.

8. "Registered Nurse and NP-C"

Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Family Nurse Practitioner in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home, familiar with EMAR and HCA system, almost 8 years as RN at Kingwood Medical Center

Cons

short staff issues on the floors

Advice to Management

work on staffing issues

"OMGoodness, RUN,SAVE YOURSELF"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Kingwood, TX

Pros

Salary, commute time!some (few) nice folks

Cons

HORRIBLE clinical care for the most part. Providers who do NOT see the patient and write notes as if they did. NO AUTHENTIC NURSING LEADERSHIP, conflict of interest/fraud behavior. AND MOST OF ALL...THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT CARE. they display no ethics. They do not care about employees, either as workers or humans. The staffing is dangerous and patients are constantly moved from floor to floor because there are not enough nurses...because the competent,smart ones quickly leave.....

Advice to Management

I hear other HCA locations are NOT like this. Corporate needs to totally clean house or shut this location down. Peer review (genuine) is an idea and some oversight of the providers there who DO NOT practice to standard...and brag about it. CLINICAL NURSING LEADERSHIP THAT ACTUALLY WANTS TO DO THE RIGHT THING...somewhere besides on paper. You don't keep quality fols by this pitiful excuse for a "hospital". BTW, the hospital is filthy, soap and paper products always missing and trash overflowing

10. "Horrible!!!! Don't waste your time or talent. This place sucks the life out of you!!!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing!!! Orientation stinks-it's sink or swim, management do not care. The only director that actually cared was fired for trying to make a difference.

Cons

This is an HCA facility-for profit hospital. That means they cut staffing so much that Registered Nurses have to perform the job function of 5 different people while only being paid to do one. As a Registered Nurse, you have to provide nursing-that's a given. I was not hired to be a CNA/Tech, Telemetry tech, Unit Secretary and Food Service worker. I interviewed for an Observation nurse position. When I started working, I was required to take surgical, medical and telemetry patients. No job is above me but I did not get my Bachelors degree in nursing to wipe butts, give bed baths, remove patient trays from their rooms, or do order entry in the middle of trying to care for my patients. The nurses are stretched so thin that there is no way you can perform safe nursing practice while being expected to answer the stupid phone that you are required to carry while attempting to pull medication, perform an assessment or even educate the patient. There are so many distractions!!! Steer clear of this place if you are worried about losing your nursing license.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting funding for staffing, give the nurses some help!!! They are drowning and management are not doing anything to help!! Full time nurses don't stay because staffing agencies pay more-pay your nurses more for all of the crap they have to do and you can save money by not having to pay for agency nurses!!! the patients are suffering and no one cares!!!