Kinkisharyo International Reviews | Glassdoor

Kinkisharyo International Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2019

Found 20 reviews

3.4
Kinkisharyo International CEO  (no image)

"Best learning experience with highly skilled professionals"

Current Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of growing opportunities great HR department

Cons

It’s a temporary contract that will end 2020

Advice to Management

Get more contracts to keep us working in the area .

Kinkisharyo International2018-06-12
  2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kinkisharyo is a company that is on the cusp of greatness. The culture is one that feels like family. It is hard work, but it is very rewarding. The positive impact that the company is making on building sustainable public transportation will continue to improve our environment. The company pays 95% of your insurance premium...that is incredible. There is plenty of opportunity for Overtime as well as personal... growth

Cons

The company does not have an established popular brand though they are approaching 100 years of doing business

Kinkisharyo International2018-01-11

"Worst job I've had."

Former Employee - Technician

I worked at Kinkisharyo International full-time

Pros

Okay pay, Okay schedule, some people were tolerable.

Cons

The company pinches pennies at every turn. Yeah, that is common practice in any business endeavor, but Jesus these trains are being assembled by felon societal re-treads using Harbor Freight tools and it shows in the quality of the product. Morale is incredibly low, the wonderful people (mostly gang bangers and kids because labor $avings) are sabotaging the equipment/product, there is absolutely no room for... advancement, its a SUPER cliquey workplace and the company hires you as a third party temp through an agency. So good luck with job security. Come here only if your hard up. Otherwise, theres plenty of better jobs out there.

Advice to Management

Most of your technicians can barely operate a torque wrench without being micromanaged or read above the third grade level. Really...where do you get these people? Did you hire out of a felon second chance rehab program or a special ed school? Jesus, hire competent, professional technicians with a mechanical background. These guys wouldn't cut it as a Walmart door greeter.

Kinkisharyo International2018-01-20
  4. "Welder"

Current Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady Work Environment, Strong HR Department, Strong Union Involvement [IBEW Local 11]

Cons

Terrible Management, Poor Working Conditions, Buddy System Culture, Slow Feedback Return, No Prompt Company Advancement, 2% Annual Raises, Mediocre Pay, Work Load > Pay Rate, Typically if you didn't work for Delta you probably wont get into the 702 Weld Shop.

Advice to Management

Listen more closely to Techs. Handle Business and Complaints Promptly with proper action [Don't Brush Issues Off] The Workers are just as important if not more important than the contract.

Kinkisharyo International2018-01-17

"Not Happy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Kinkisharyo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my work family they make me laugh and smile.

Cons

sooo much favoritism and a lot of back stabbing. HR and management do not follow the same rules for everyone at the company. They will keep who they want to keep and fire the ones they don't care for. this company does not care anything about your family or your life outside of work

Advice to Management

Start applying the same rules to everyone

Kinkisharyo International2017-06-21
  6. "AdminAssistant"

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love this company so much

Cons

None to list, perfect place to work

Kinkisharyo International2017-04-10
  7. "Traveling circus"

Former Employee - Truck Shop in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Kinkisharyo International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get paid for a job.

Cons

No room for advancement. Expect more than pay rate. Lots of over time 60 hours plus.

Advice to Management

Formen have no idea what they are doing or even been in a production environment. Many employees coming from outside have no mechanical background.

Kinkisharyo International2016-12-08
  8. "President was a puppet led by two out of control VPs"

I worked at Kinkisharyo International full-time

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits.

Cons

Corporate greed and bad management decisions led to the demise of 2 VPS causing the parent company to oust the President. There are major lingering affects of the damage caused and employees are jumping ship. Productivity is low and employee moral is even lower.

Advice to Management

Be careful who you put into leadership roles.

Kinkisharyo International2016-11-21
  9. "Pretty Good"

I worked at Kinkisharyo International full-time

Pros

I liked working here due to the environment. Everyone was friendly and helpful to each other. I learned a lot and I got to experience a lot of different projects that wouldn't happen in big companies because there would be so many people to do them. With a small company you get more opportunities to be given projects.

Cons

I really can't think of a downside of working there. If I had to choose something to pick I would say that since it is mainly a maintenance company the work you do gets to be a little redundant depending on the things needed to be done. This didn't happen all the time though.

Advice to Management

I think everything is great at Kinkisharyo. I think that if it were to expand it would give more jobs and create a changing environment for everyone. I really don't have anything bad to say about the company.

Kinkisharyo International2015-10-12
  10. "Excellent, professional and forward moving"

Current Employee - IT Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Kinkisharyo International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone I have met at this company has been professional, helpful and easy to work with. The company goals are well stated and clear. I speak with pride when I tell others about my job and what we do. The benefits are amazing, better than I have had at any other job. Requests for training are generally approved, as well as vacation. The El Segundo office has free parking, coffee and tea but without the... unhealthy soda/candy options that are prevalent in many offices. Plenty of restaurants and services within a short walk of the office.

Cons

I have yet to find any. There is some pressure to meet deadlines and deliver our product on time but that is no different than any other place I've ever worked.

Kinkisharyo International2014-04-08