Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Reviews | Glassdoor

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward CEO Lee Watts
Lee Watts

"Great for young people"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for less than a year

Pros

The offices I have worked in have been really friendly - best people I have worked and no nastiness. Excellent company for trainees, fantastic training and a great starter company. Incentive trips and regular competitions.

Cons

Hours - you often don’t get a break on Saturdays between 9.30 and 4 (sometimes later). I have been dizzy at the end of a lot of Saturdays as you do not have time to eat and are back to back with viewings. Micro management. Promotion doesn’t seem to be given on merit or experience and it’s made difficult to progress - It is worth noting that this is based on conversations with colleagues that are trying to get into... management, not my own opinion. Industry experience is not taken into account from a pay scale perspective- I have the same amount of experience as lots of managers, and more experience than some assistant managers, but I am on the same package as someone with no experience despite smashing my first full quarter target. This is something I wasn’t aware of when I took the job.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-11-01

"Do not believe the recent reviews"

I worked at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time

Pros

Good systems in place and good pay

Cons

Do not believe the recent reviews. They are all written by senior management to try to fool people into thinking this is a good company to work for. KFHs culture is bullying, discrimination, micromanagement and flat out misery. My time here was awful and I had an office with inappropriate staff talking about sexual things all the time, racism, bullying, gossip all the time. Micromanagement and sexism in... management Please read the negative reviews as that’s the true reflection of this company. HR did not even investigate my case and they are just a disgrace. A regret working for this company.

Advice to Management

No comment. Your micromanaging, dismissive attitude towards racism and bullying just speaks for itself. Avoid avoid avoid.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-10-18

"Awful company, rotten throughout"

I worked at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward

Pros

There are no pros working for KFH

Cons

Don’t believe a word of the recent reviews. They have all been written by senior management trying to promote the company on a recruitment push due to the fact they lose staff quicker than they can hire them. None of what they have written is true. Staff are treated poorly with little or no benefits. Micromanagement within head office and branch makes for a miserable working life. Nothing is done to address the... bullying culture which will remain in place as its heavily cemented in the top level of directors. There have been reports of discrimination against staff where the company tries to “pay off” the victim rather than address the root of the cause. Work here if you want a life of misery!!

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-10-17

"Great company if you don't want to start a family"

I worked at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time

Pros

After having worked for the company for over a decade, the biggest pro is quick progression if you consistently work hard. A fun and sociable environment is also encouraged and it is very easy to make personal friends along the way.

Cons

If you go off on maternity leave and don't have a direct relationship with the MD, prepare for your accomplishments and value to be forgotten when you try to return. Your return is made to feel as a nuisance and you feel a decade of consistent hard work and success for a brand you had held such high admiration and respect for, was worth nothing. In short, if you are hard working, want to make money and have fun... doing it then KFH is for you! If, however, you are a woman looking to build a long term career and have a family along the way then KFH isn't for you! I just wish I had known this much earlier. I hope this post helps other women avoid a situation like my own. Be proactive and think ahead about your personal ambitions when starting a career somewhere as whilst progression is wonderful, as is having a family, when one is sacrificed over the other, the disappointment and hurt after 10 years+ is long lasting.

Advice to Management

Embrace and encourage returning to work mothers whatever their level of role Value longevity and loyalty

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-10-17
  5. "Loved it, had a great office and team"

Lettings Negotiator in London, England

I worked at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward

Pros

Trips, family feel great logistics.

Cons

Not enough money, only the very very top make good money

Advice to Management

None really

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-10-02

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Response

October 9, 2018Recruitment Consultant

Thank you for the lovely review! :) I'm sorry to hear about the lack of earning potential. If you were still with us I would've suggested discussing this with your manager.

"Truly a family"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Dulwich, England

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Kinleigh Folkard and Hayward took a chance on a 21 year old university graduate with no experience or knowledge of property. They hired me on theere trainee programme at the time and invested time, knowledge and skills into me. I have subsequently progressed from trainee negotiator to sales negotiator, sales assistant manager and manager where i have held my current role for past 5 years. I have never worked for... another estate agency and can safely say i couldnt see myself doing so in the future, the ethos of the company is like a family. They train, develop and promote from within where possible and reward loyalty and give us the platform to write our own salary. Incentive trips both short and long haul, sports cars, awards, social events and company wide recognition are just some of the perks. Most importantly it is the feeling of having a voice that is heard and expressive and clear lines of communication from top to bottom that make this company such a great one to work for and more than that, a family!

Cons

There can be preferences and small gripes in any company or relationship but as a whole there are no real cons for working for this great company.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture and ethos that i have enjoyed and excelled in for past 10 years and perhaps have a look at a role bridging the gap from manager to director level to offer a step up for established, ambitious and talented managers who have career advancement as their goals for future.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-27
  7. "A career full of recognition and reward"

Current Employee - Regional Director in London, England

Pros

I have worked at KFH for 18 years and love my job as much as I did when I first started. I started as a Lettings Negotiator and worked my way up to Regional Lettings Director. At KFH if you work hard you are recognised and rewarded for it. This recognition and reward come in the form of a highly competitive salary, opportunities for career progression, incentive trips (LA, Las Vegas, Verbier, San Francisco,... Barcelona, Miami, Cape Town to name a few), incentive cars and importantly an appearance on stage at the annual conference! At KFH we recognise that people are our strongest asset and as a result we only recruit the best, this drives a fantastic culture of a competitive nature with fun at the forefront.

Cons

If you are prepared to work hard there are none!

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-17
  8. "Lettings Director"

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time

Pros

Given this is my second time working for KFH, in total spanning 12+ years I am well placed to know just what a fantastic company I work for. Here are some of the benefits our front office staff can expect: - Uncapped earning potential! - Industry leading packages! - Terrific incentives, as well as holidays abroad and a fleet of Porsche's for our top achievers! - Great staff, terrific teamwork and morale.

Cons

I can't think of any, but you must be prepared to graft and work hard!

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-17
  9. "Work hard and get rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working at KFH for over 5 years and it’s a great, professional place to work, where you are rewarded for your hard work. - Amazing incentive trips - Great career progression - Professional company and people - Excellent training - A company that invests in its staff and the business

Cons

None, if you want get rewarded for the effort you put in then this is the place for you.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-15
  10. "The place to be for an individual with a winning mentality"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

KFH is a company with strong values, a renowned and well regarded brand and the perfect fit for individuals with a relentless work ethic

Cons

There are very few cons in my opinion.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-11