Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward CEO Lee Watts
Lee Watts
  1. "Exceptional company"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been a truly enriching journey so far for which I am sincerely grateful. KFH is a great company, in terms of management, structure and people. I must admit, it is rare to come across a company that combines all these elements which make up for a great work-environment. At KFH, I have learned a lot about the UK property market, but also enriched my experience in sales and negotiation, not just during the trainings...

Cons

Difficult clients, both on the buying and on the selling side. Buyers who behave in an inappropriate manner, be that being repeatedly late or utterly rude, or who are unrealistic about their property expectations for a given budget. Sellers who on their end have unrealistic expectations in terms of the market worth of their property.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work! always be positive

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-04

"Working for Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in Streatham, England

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having come from another agent locally I can confidently say that working for KFH is a much more pleasant and rewarding experience. The amount I have learnt and the staff in the branch has shown me how working for this agency you feel like a cut above the rest on the high street. There is a solid training programme upon joining up, regular incentives including trips and a well established brand to get behind and a...

Cons

There have not really been any specific cons I can put. There is definitely a need to commit fully to the role which results in long hours but that is the nature of most sales jobs.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-08-30
  3. "You get what you give"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers structured training and good financial rewards for high achievers. Employees receive premium company cars and the opportunity to win a place on superb incentive trips - Yearly winter ski trip and summer trip to Vegas, LA, NYC....

Cons

The hours are long and some of the office spaces are cramped with no reception area.

Advice to Management

Trim the hours and relax the dress code!

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-09-03

"Better Than Most!"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England

Pros

Great incentives to do well and work hard. Including competitions to win a Porche for a fortnight as well as 2 expenses paid trips a year. The commission structure is the best I have come across and the basic salary is very fair. There is a lot of support from managers and I would be comfortable enough to approach the regional directors myself. There aren't too many tiers of management involved so you are never too removed...

Cons

The hours are long, but if you aren't prepared to put the time in this industry isn't for you. They reward hard workers so if you're lazy or underperforming I cant imagine coming to work would be much fun. There are a lot of weekend involved too, however part and parcel of the job and the industry

Advice to Management

Less weekend work would be preferable, and remove the lieu day option as most do not take them anyway

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-08-29

"Work hard and reap the rewards"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England

Pros

Great commission structure Competitive basic 45 min commute Great internal progression

Cons

The hours can be long but what you give in time and effort you are rewarded in earning potential. This is a hard market to work in but work hard you can change peoples lives and your own. If you are looking for an easy role this isn't for you.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-08-28
  6. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in London, England

Pros

The company is fantastic for career progression, competitive salary and great incentives. I have worked here for over three years with two promotions in that time, great training and opportunities, a trip to America and use of the company Porsche multiple times. The company regularly arrange social events so you get to know your colleagues too.

Cons

Long hours as is consistent in the industry but you do get what you put in.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-08-29

"Long hours low pay"

Former Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England

I worked at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer good training and a professional structure

Cons

Long hours and low pay.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-08-12
  8. "Good Commission Structure"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor

Pros

A company that cares about their staff and good commission structure. Always looking to make you a better estate agent.

Cons

Long hours - too much. You work 6 days then 5 every fortnight.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-07-24

"Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England

Pros

You receive a company car and maintenance plan.

Cons

Terribly managed... if managed at all. When I started I did not have a manager to report to for two weeks. No accountability from management and staff are left to their own devices. Unfair pay and holiday - It's all at the manager's discretion (when there is a manager available of course). Worked seven weeks without a weekend off. No support from management or HR. Bad business practices are widespread.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and provide them with adequate support and management. Holidays should be clearly and fairly structured. Managment should be accountable. Provide HR training to senior members of staff/ management.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-05-03

"Lack of leadership @KFHEaling. Headless chicken."

Former Employee - Sales Negotiator in Ealing, England

I worked at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward full-time for less than a year

Pros

You receive a company car

Cons

Managers are not punctual or accountable. With a lack of any leadership... staff are often left to their own devices. Leave and saturdays off are given at the managers discretion. Lack of accountability and support.

Advice to Management

Managers need to attend HR training. Address leadership issues. Listen to and learn from staff complaints.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward2018-04-30