Kinnser Software Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester
Christopher Hester

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They made coming to work a joy, and I really feel as though I had a family while I was working there (in 8 reviews)

• It is a great place for career development (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For as much work as Tech Support does, they deserve a lot more respect throughout the other departments (in 4 reviews)

• Insecurity in job security, leadership, direction (in 3 reviews)

1. "Nice place to work with good benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun-loving CEO and really awesome music poster decor around the office. In general, most of the employees are super nice.

Cons

It seemed like there was sometimes no cohesion between some of the departments which caused some stress and tension in meetings.

"A Great Place to Start Off"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in Tech Support and really enjoyed it, mostly because of my peers and management around our department. They made coming to work a joy, and I really feel as though I had a family while I was working there.

Communication within Support was pretty great, and the morale was wonderful up until about a month and a half/two months before I left.

LOTS of free snacks and sometimes free food, which is always great and very appreciated, especially if you're a stress eater, like me!

Also, this company goes out of it's way to try to help you out if you need it. That is extremely important. As stressed out as I was here, I always felt like I could go to at least one of my supervisors or managers regarding concerns or any issues I was experiencing.

Cons

For as much work as Tech Support does, they deserve a lot more respect throughout the other departments. My coworkers and I continually felt as through tech support was not taken seriously, even though we not only spoke with the customers using the software every day, but we were also navigating the software on a daily basis. Support is a department where customers essentially call to yell at you because either 1) something isn't working OR 2) the user does not know the proper workflow. We become used to being talked down to, having our intelligence questioned, and sometimes we are even threatened, even though we're trying to make the user's experience with the software not only more fulfilling, but also more user-friendly. Considering this, I think Support should be included in more company decisions as far as where the product is heading, since we are hearing exactly what the customer wants/doesn't want.

Communication throughout departments definitely needs work, especially with all of the new managerial changes. It is naive to think that a company can let go of 3 employees in powerful positions in one week without making the remaining employees frightened for their own job security. "Brown Bag Lunches" are now being held by the CEO for employees who opt to attend as a way to confront any looming fears and doubts regarding the company, but I'm not alone when I say that many of the answers to the questions feel a bit vague and mysterious.

Advice to Management

Respect for all employees and solid communication throughout the company can work wonders on morale. Focus on that. I know of at least a dozen employees who were and are terrified of losing their jobs because they still don't know why there were so many changes to upper management. This will cause more people to start looking elsewhere for a more secure position.

"Inevitable Changes"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

There is career growth within Kinnser for those who want to grow and further their career path. If you want to be challenged in your daily work, there are ways to challenge yourself. Kinnser offers additional training opportunities. There is a laid back atmosphere where everyone knows your name. Employees can actually see their CEO come to work daily and he has an open door policy. Free drinks and snacks are provided. Free lunches are sometimes offered. There are different things done to engage employees or promote healthy lifestyles, such as workout boot-camps, crawfish boils, and parties. You are not micromanaged. Kinnser does not have an assembly line-corporate feel. The best part of my job is being given the opportunity to grow and gain experience.

Cons

There isn't anything that makes me not want to come to work in the morning. I didn't rate five stars, because let's face it, perfection doesn't exist, but we can get darn close to it!

Advice to Management

Always look for ways to develop and empower your employees. People like feeling like they are part of something bigger then themselves.

"One of the better employers in Austin"

Former Employee - Database Architect/Database Administrator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Database Architect/Database Administrator in Austin, TX

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time

Pros

Helping Home Health and Hospice companies taking care of its clients better is the best perk in this job, stable job, support for management if you want to improve skills through education and trainings

Cons

CEO wants to control everything, and frankly I dont blame him, cause he was emplyee #1 and ONLY employee of the company for longest time, his vision and "control" took company from $30k a year to 45Million + in about 10 years, this can be a huge con for folks who would want to push their ideas (good or bad) cause CEO has yet to completely fail at ANYTHING to start listening to others, this one thing is a blocker for "innovators" and trailblazers, but you cant really have trailblazers at every level of the company, I disagree with this culture style but still cant thank company enough for really great support to me and my future.

Advice to Management

Think long term, instead of "friends" get professionals to design futura and vision for next 25 years, Kinnser's growth is a benchmark in today's startups, but get out of comfort zone and take bit of risks

5. "I believe in Kinnser..."

Current Employee - Training Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I uprooted my life and family to move to Austin and take a job with Kinnser Software. I believe in what we do, how we do it and where we are headed as a company. The company has experienced some minor growing pains lately with a little restructuring and that can be hard on some employees (especially those few who lost their jobs). Change is difficult for many people, however, I feel our leadership is being strategic and proactive in planning for the future and the sustainability of our brand and our company.

Cons

Kinnser has grown rather quickly and there are still a few silos that need to be broken down with better communication.

Advice to Management

Transparency and communication as we all move forward together.

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Kinnser for a short time, but certainly was a great experience. Snacks, fun, incentives, ext. Great Culture and great people.

Cons

mmm I cant think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Be more personable.

Kinnser Software Response

May 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! I will take your "Advice to Management" and make the necessary adjustments! All the best.

"Great place to work for most"

Pros

Kinnser is a fast growing, profitable company that takes care of its employees. It is a market leader in the Home Health software space. My overall experience there was great and most of my co-workers were generally happy there.

Cons

Sometimes innovation proved difficult given the large customer base, development team, and code base.

"Refreshing Company to Work For"

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time

Pros

Nice culture without being too overbearing, very friendly people, nice benefits. Company is doing really well, growing but being very smart about it.

Cons

Not a lot of middle-level positions, mostly entry-level or management so hard to grow. Pay seems to be a bit below market, not as competitive as other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, don't be afraid of growing or spending the dollars, it's a great market and product.

"Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

Pros

Impossible to find a better culture or a better group of people to work with. Sales Leadership does a fantastic job of creating a low-stress environment despite the inherent ups and downs that come with the profession.

Cons

Sharing honest feedback about territory challenges or product limitations is often viewed as negativity instead of reality. Management at times likes to micromanage sales activities instead of finding ways to facilitate success.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture great. Keep advocating the sales team within the company. Accelerate the product roadmap and deliver innovative features. Acknowledge challenges and/or shortcomings and work with your team to figure out how to overcome them.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time

Pros

True team-based attitudes, really great people, very flat structure

Cons

Stretch goals take away from daily work

Advice to Management

Reduce # of stretch goals