Kinnser Software Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester
Christopher Hester

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They made coming to work a joy, and I really feel as though I had a family while I was working there (in 8 reviews)

• It is a great place for career development (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For as much work as Tech Support does, they deserve a lot more respect throughout the other departments (in 4 reviews)

• Insecurity in job security, leadership, direction (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All departments work together to drive sales

Cons

none at this time great culture

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

"Kinnser changed my life!"

Former Employee - Product Owner in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Product Owner in Austin, TX

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros at Kinnser truly make it a unique place to work. Management does an exceptional job of hiring great people. There are many talented and great people at Kinnser that make coming to work very enjoyable. Kinnser takes care of their employees. So many employees at Kinnser have been promoted from various departments (I'm proof!). They have a knack of hiring managers that get the best of their employees and providing them a platform to prove their talent and potential. The benefits, compensation are decent and the incentives are excellent. I can't express enough how much I've enjoyed my time at Kinnser, working there truly changed my life for the best.

Cons

The commuincation at Kinnser could be improved. Sometimes decisions are made and teams are notified last minute. Overall there aren't many cons which is why many employees have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Improve communication and be transparent. Employees appreciate information!

"A Growing Company That Benefits Employees and the Industry"

Pros

I have been with Kinnser for quite some time. This company has grown and evolved in ways I never considered when I first started. At its core, Kinnser has done a great job keeping in line with its mission to improve the quality and delivery of healthcare. You can tell that the CEO is still very passionate about this mission, and it is reflected in his interactions with agencies and employees.

Kinnser is still growing like crazy, and with that comes change. Change isn’t easy. With change you discover who is “in it to win it” and who is worth keeping around. Most employees here hold themselves to a high standard and want to do what is best for the company and our agencies. The individuals that don’t will find that they will not fit in well here.

It is a great place for career development. I have held numerous positions here, some of which were promotions that challenged me to take on additional responsibilities and extend myself into realms outside of my comfort which proved to be catalysts for significant professional growth for me personally. I have also seen numerous people around me grow within the company. Kinnser recognizes talented, intelligent, hard-working contributors and will support such employees in honing those skills. The company invests in their employees whenever possible.

HR also offers many great programs and resources. There are workout boot camps held onsite, wellness/fitness education programs, volunteer opportunities (with paid volunteer time off), and fun competitions within the office (e.g., table tennis and trivia tournaments).

Cons

Interdepartmental communication could improve (I don’t know that that is a Kinnser-specific issue though--more of a growing pain). As I’ve stated, we’ve grown tremendously (in company size, customer numbers, and annual revenue), and people who are new to their roles have a learning curve that comes with that.

Advice to Management

With the amount of people being promoted within the company, additional training with the new roles and responsibilities would be helpful. If someone is new to a management role, a management training course would be ideal. The people promoted proved their ability to do their job well; if they can be trained on how to share and teach those same skills, overall success and satisfaction should improve.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kinnser is a great place to grow and advance yourself with in the Home Health and Hospice industry. Kinnser offers upward mobility and the opportunity to grow as a contributing employee. The work place is very positive as it fosters a creative and interactive work environment.

Cons

Communication improvement on why management changes are happening.

Advice to Management

Clear communication and transparency is needed to ensure the ongoing management changes are well understood.

"Long-term employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Kinnser for almost 7 years. The culture is fantastic, the future looks great. With all growing companies you'll run into lulls as you grow, but the attitude around the office is positive (even through the tough times). Another reviewer mentioned that tenured employees need to not be resistant to change. I dont believe tenured employees are (granted I do not work in every department). I love working here, I love the people, I love the mission.

Cons

As I mentioned in the pros section, there will be down times. This company has grown exponentially since I've started, and there will be growing pains. Also, communication between departments is a toughy. Those are the only "cons" I can come up with, and the first was always inevitable.

Advice to Management

Smoooooth things out. Increase inter-departmental communication.

"Kinnser is not a sinking ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Kinnser is a great place to work. By no means a sinking ship. All of the recent changes have been to better our product and company. People resistant to the changes are part of the problem. We need people committed to improving their work and seeing Kinnser succeed. I believe in this company and have great pride in my colleagues and the products we provide our customer. If you want to work for a company where you can make a real difference with hard work and commitment, this is your place. There is a great amount of opportunity to make significant contributions if you are willing to put the time and effort in.

Cons

Too many tenure people complaining about changes. It's time to elevate your effort.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Communicate communicate.

"Change is Hard, but It's the Right Thing for the Customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There have been a lot of recent changes in senior management, but so far they seem to be the right ones. The vision for the company is compelling, and I can't wait to see where we're going. The sky is truly the limit for this organization, and I'm so excited to be a part of it.

Cons

Some processes need to be professionalized, but it seems like we're on that trajectory, so I won't beat a dead horse.

Advice to Management

Keep moving things in the right direction. Change is hard, but it's exciting to see what's coming next.

8. "Pretty cool place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative

I have been working at Kinnser Software (Less than a year)

Pros

I really dig working here. The culture is awesome, the people are great, and they're always doing fun things to keep morale up. Also, they're keen on promoting people internally which is a really nice thing to see.

Cons

The benefits could definitely be better. Also it's over 100 degrees out and would be nice to be able to wear shorts but that's a fairly minor complaint.

Advice to Management

My only real advice for manager/supervisors is to ease up on the number of meetings. My supervisor is awesome but we really don't see them that much.

Kinnser Software Response

Jul 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am happy to hear you are enjoying your time here so far! I will share your feedback about the meetings with the leadership team.

"The type of place you want to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Kinnser is full of innovation and heart. The people are kind and strive to do their best every day. Management cares about employees and is always willing to do what's best for both the employee and the customer while simultaneously running a successful company.

Cons

No workplace is perfect but what sets Kinnser apart is that it's always trying to improve upon it's weaknesses by encouraging employees to speak their mind.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the right thing. Keep hiring good people. Enjoy your continued success.

Kinnser Software Response

Apr 12, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your kind words! We do always strive to be better and better, it means a lot to see that is noticed! All the best to you.

10. "Technical Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, approachable management, and upward mobility. If yout put in the work, you will be recognized by leadership, coworkers and customers.

Cons

Definitely communication from management to staff and improve training facilitation.

Advice to Management

Identify company mission, interact with all departments. Also kudos for all the events. The drinks, food, perks and recognition is truly encouraging to see.