Kinnser Software 72 Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester
Christopher Hester

Pros
  • They made coming to work a joy, and I really feel as though I had a family while I was working there (in 8 reviews)

• It is a great place for career development (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • For as much work as Tech Support does, they deserve a lot more respect throughout the other departments (in 4 reviews)

• The company has recently gone through management changes (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great Values, Great Friends"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kinnser is the first company I have worked for that I actually LOOK FORWARD to coming to every day! Very relaxed and fun!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons!!

2. "The people make the difference"

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great working for an organization that has unified goals. It's a challenging and rewarding atmosphere. I go home each day knowing that my work makes a difference. The culture is great, you get to enjoy the perks of a startup environment while knowing that we are building a solid product.

Cons

I can't think of any at the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to put your employees first. This is the best part of this company.

"Friendly team, focused on doing the right things; upward growth without the red tape of a big co"

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Empowering better home healthcare through technology--extremely satisfying on a personal level
    Ability to dramatically impact the lives of others for the better through our products
    Smart and genuinely caring leadership team
    Lots of collaboration--culture of helping each other
    Financially solid with strong momentum
    Fabulous live music poster art throughout the offices--you have to see it to believe it

Cons

Growing company occupies multiple floors -- a bit disjointed
    Cold Fusion?

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you're doing
    - Adding some mid-level management would allow execs to be more strategic more of the time and provide a level of management for staff coaching and development
    - Continue to evolve employee benefits

"Positive people doing something meaningful"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From the receptionist to the president, the employees at Kinnser are good-natured and dedicated. It feels like a company of friends. Smart & experienced. I can honestly say that everyone I work with at Kinnser is an expert at what they do. The employees are diverse. There's a broad spectrum of ages. The company is growing fast, so there's never a dull moment. But most everybody maintains a healthy work/personal life balance. We're blessed to make a software that really works, so our customers are pretty happy. Kinnser has all the benefits of growth and success – especially competitive salaries (very important!) – but without the political BS you'll find at a mega-corporation. At Kinnser, you can go in and really make a difference.

Cons

Kinnser is growing fast, and it's a challenge to find qualified people for new positions. Current staff members often compensate by working extra hours until additional people come on board. The company's strategic goals are very aggressive, and there's a fair amount of pressure and stress related to them, but you'll find that in any successful company. Growth has also made office space a challenge. Currently the company is spread out over three floors.

Advice to Management

Don't grow out of the honest business practices and customer focus that made the company successful. Don't rest on the laurels of past success. Keep innovating the products.

6. "Growing company with good priorities"

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great community supporting and creating a great product - I'm proud to be a part of it!

Team work and collaboration is highly encouraged. Management is very approachable and all have opportunities to work closely with them.

Work/life balance is superb. It's clear that our time is always valued.

Cons

Starting to feel some of the effects of the demands of keeping up with rapid growth. Management is working hard to stay on top of those needs.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in people and listening to the needs of your employees. Sharing company goals and benchmarks is an excellent motivator.

7. "Great Place to work! Feels like second Family"

Pros

Everyone here is committed not only to the success of our customers as a business, but in assisting them provide better care for their patients.
    I LOVE coming to work!
    Great, supportive management team.

Cons

I can not think of any

8. "This place ROCKS!"

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything! Everyone that works here is awesome, talented and helpful. I've been here a few short weeks and felt right at home after my first day! The vibe of the office is casual but everyone is dedicated to giving 110%. It's fantastic to work with down to earth people who really care about their quality of work and the company. I cant say enough great things about Kinnser. I feel so lucky and grateful to work for such an amazing company.

Cons

The only "con" i can think of is that the company is split between 3 floors. But its not really a big deal.

"Actually enjoy coming to work"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary. Environment. Philosophy. People. Organization. I love working here. It's like being a knight at the round table if you will. No matter your rank or position, everyone has an equal voice on the team and the company executives are always willing to listen. The atmosphere is still that of a small company and the way employees are treated are second to none. The best part about working here is the respect for family. I've never once felt like I was having to choose between my career and my family. I actually like coming to work.

Cons

The only bad thing I can think of is the distance the company is from my house. The commute can be a real pain.

"Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is very concerned with employee experience and work conditions. Recent re-evaluation of area/industry wages by the company resulted in a hefty raise as well as even better benefits package. Employees are well cared for.

Cons

In at least one department, promotions are blocked due to management only considering external candidates.

Advice to Management

Keep your focus on hiring, training and retaining good, enthusiastic employees. Ensure that promotion from within is always a possibility.

"Great so far"

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Kinnser for less than a year, but what I noticed right away was that everyone is really smart and talented. Kinnser has a very intense hiring process which ensures we work with only the best of the best.

Cons

I feel like product priorities change too frequently.

Advice to Management

Provide a mission/vision/goals/objectives that we can use to check all decisions against. If a suggested product change or direction doesn't support the overall vision, then we should delay or not do it so we can focus only on development efforts that get us where we want to go.