- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- - Colorado
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Birmingham, United Kingdom Area
- - Birmingham, England
- Canada - All Cities
- - Quebec
- - Montreal, QC, Canada Area
- - Montreal, QC
- Portugal - All Cities
- - Lisbon District
- - Lisbon, Portugal Area
- - Lisbon, Lisbon District
- Brazil - All Cities
- - Federal District
- - Brasilia, Brazil Area
- - Brasília, Federal District
- Hungary - All Cities
- - Budapest
- - Budapest, Hungary Area
- - Budapest
- - Baranya
- - Pécs, Hungary Area
- - Pécs
Found 37 of over 41 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Kinsta? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Kinsta employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Fantastic company with a great culture!" (in 5 reviews)
- "Kinsta hires fantastic people: colleagues are friendly, helpful, and smart." (in 5 reviews)
- "everyone is extremely nice and responsive, which makes a huge difference when working for a remote company!" (in 3 reviews)
- "pay and benefits are competitive, I'm earning more than I would at a different company" (in 3 reviews)
- "Awesome people, an atmosphere of trust that works in remote as well." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 11, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Company culture - Promotion potential - Vision and direction
- No HQ - Too many Slack channelsContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 20, 2021 - Customer Operations ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone (and I mean everyone from the very top on down the line) is kind, helpful, positive, encouraging, and among the very best at what they do. We provide a tremendous product, and everyone is proud of their unique contributions. We voice our appreciation and thanks to each other every day. But that's only possible because the company knows how to hire great people. That makes all the difference in the world. I believe that the Kinsta talent acquisition team is the best in the business. Inclusivity. Kinsta lives that, they don't just say it. I'm a member of two groups that are routinely discriminated against or generally passed over for employment, but I've never felt anything but welcoming acceptance here. On the compensation side, I only know my own salary, so I couldn't give an overview. But I'm happy, and there's a strong benefits package with unlimited PTO, health, vision, dental, 401k matching, remote expense budget, employee referral bonuses, and more. The company encourages a good work/life balance in actual practice, not just with lip service.
I have absolutely zero "cons" to report. If I were forced to come up with something I suppose I'd say that rapid growth is making it increasingly difficult to personally get to know everyone who joins us. But even in that area, there are random meetups you can join to connect with coworkers you may have never had the opportunity to speak to through your day-to-day work. So I'm sticking with zero cons to report. 🙂Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - Sysops EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Unlimited PTOs, Public Holidays, Sick Days, Remote Expense Budget, Official yearly meetups, Good work environment overall
Low pay grades that will eventually make you considering move to another company
Completely remote for all positions and never any management issues
A bit lower salary than most places
Excellent work life balance, a lot of independence, great people.
Pay is lower compared to US based companies.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Training Coaching Managers Flexible Time Off Constant Asynchronous Communication
No Cons at the momentContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 11, 2020 - Manager in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working remotely is a great fit for me. The company treats you like an adult. Kinsta hires fantastic people: colleagues are friendly, helpful, and smart. The product and service are great, thus you feel good about the product you're delivering.
The company is growing. New people are joining constantly, processes are revamped, and as a result lots of things change on a regular basis. Management does a good job of working through those changes as smoothly as possible (in my opinion), but if you're someone looking for a super stable work environment where nothing ever changes, you may be frustrated by the pace of change.Continue reading
* Excellent on-boarding strategy and training * Clearly defined goals for short, medium and long term * Friendly colleagues, an environment that fosters professional growth * 100% remote
* None that I can think of at the momentContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 14, 2020 - Social Media ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've been at Kinsta for 6 months and have loved the transparency and trust shown at all levels of the company. It's great to work with a team that genuinely takes pride in the work they're doing...and has fun at the same time! There is a high degree of autonomy, and being a remote team means clear communication is an essential part of every role.
None that I can think of!Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 26, 2020 - Account Executive in Atlanta, GARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working at Kinsta has been a dream so far - everyone is extremely nice and responsive, which makes a huge difference when working for a remote company! - Our product is the best in class and only getting better every day. - Our heroes are the support team, they are second to none and do an amazing job serving our customers - Leadership is incredible as well - company vision and values are great
No cons to speak of.Continue reading
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, it’s wonderful to hear that you’ve had a great experience at Kinsta so far. We really appreciate your shout-out to our support team, they play such a crucial role in making Kinsta who we are.
Kinsta Reviews FAQs
Kinsta has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 41 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Kinsta to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
95% of Kinsta employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kinsta 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.