Cover image for Kirkland & Ellis

Law

17d

an

Attorney Advisor

11 year experience in law (torts, personal injury law, healthcare, start up, government, arbitration and litigation). I’m in the tri state market looking for a transactional or corporate entry level position in a mid size firm. Anyone have a referral link to Invenergy LLC Kirkland & Ellis White & Case PwC Bain & Company Google GE Amazon Pra group

12 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing intelligent people and great to work with(in 65 reviews)
  • "Kirkland offers great benefits... maybe even the best in the city.(in 59 reviews)
  • "Pay is great(in 44 reviews)
  • "good salary and it is interest to work in the big law firm.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Great training with many helpful resources(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kirkland & Ellis and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Apply Now

Nov 23, 2022 - Legal Practice Assistance in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great six-week training program to help ease you into your new position. - Wonderful teammates that will assist in answer any questions you need. - A caring and enthusiastic work environment. -Opportunities for growth

Cons

I have no cons to provide.

2. 5.0

I wish I never left

Nov 19, 2022 - Senior Paralegal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Perks, Salary, Training, Resources

Cons

All work all the time

3. Join the Kirkland & Ellis team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Always busy

Nov 30, 2022 - Information Technology
    Business Outlook

Pros

Never a dull moment of items to work on

Cons

Too many high priorities and demands

5. 5.0

Outstanding training and experience

Nov 11, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

K&E is the best of the best.

Cons

Workload can be extreme at times.

6. 4.0

Great Firm

Nov 10, 2022 - Junior Paralegal in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people, complex projects, great opportunity for professional growth

Cons

Work life balance, size of firm can pose problems at times

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Top Notch Firm

Oct 21, 2022 - Legal Practice Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is my ten year work anniversary here at Kirkland (Chicago) and I've said from Day 1, I will retire here. Top notch attorneys, top notch legal staff and support. The firm has so many resources available to make me do my job more efficiently. I have a heavy assignment and I work hard but it is so rewarding. Pay scale is generous. Bonuses are generous. I've been around the block a few times and Kirkland simply blows every other firm out of the water.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the Chicago office is moving to a new location in 2024. It will make my commute a little more unbearable. LaSalle Street (our current location) is a central location, easy to get to. It will be an adjustment for sure.

Continue reading
  8. 5.0

Good shop

Oct 13, 2022 - Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of work but great perks and pay

Cons

Lots of work, always on call

9. 5.0

Great experience

Oct 13, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Kirkland has been such a blessing in my life to say the least. The interview process was a lengthy one, but well worth it. Once I was hired, training began immediately. Although there was a lot to learn, the training staff will take their time with you to make sure you fully understand the material. What I am trying to say is that, Kirkland will give you many resources to be successful in your career, and if you are the type of person to use those resources to the best of your ability, you will excel quickly! I'm still learning every day, and I absolutely love it. Did I mention there is a coffee bar, a cafeteria, and a gorgeous view of the city?

Cons

Not a con, just a comment. I would love to see the Pro Bono department grow!

Continue reading
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Kicked to the curb after 20+ years

Nov 18, 2022 - Senior Paralegal in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good, interesting work - learned a lot there. Met many nice people over the years.

Cons

Bad management. Nobody cares how long you have been there, in fact they are now forcing older people out. Younger people siphon away clients you have worked with for years due to their "free enterprise" system. Old boy network for sure. I consulted a lawyer who said "don't even try for age discrimination, they have all of the angles covered." It was a long road for me but I am happliy employed with a great firm. My advice is work there for a while, get it on your resume, and then move on to bigger things.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Oct 20, 2022 - Associate Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. They’ll make everything easy for you as long as you bill.

Cons

Long hours and sometimes management is not helpful.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 627 Reviews
</>Embed

Kirkland & Ellis Reviews FAQs

Kirkland & Ellis has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 667 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Kirkland & Ellis to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Kirkland & Ellis employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Kirkland & Ellis. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

81% of Kirkland & Ellis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kirkland & Ellis 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Kirkland & Ellis to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Kirkland & Ellis Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Kirkland & Ellis? Share Your Experiences

Kirkland & Ellis Careers

Cover image for Kirkland & Ellis

We handle the most complex and sophisticated legal matters because we don’t just meet industry standards, we create them. We bring...More

• Meet Our People
  • Pro Bono
  • Professional Staff
  • Benefits

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

296 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Kirkland & Ellis received a 100 percent score on the 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. This is the 15th year in a row that the Firm received a perfect 100 percent score on the CEI. The 2022 CEI rated 1,271 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement with the LGBTQ community. Kirkland’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality. 842 major U.S. businesses earned a 100 percent rating this year.
Corporate Equality Index 2022 | News | Kirkland & Ellis LLP
www.kirkland.com

296 days ago

Company News
When it comes to pro bono efforts, it’s hard to top the decade-plus of work Kirkland & Ellis put into representing a coalition of students, alumni, and faculty at Maryland’s four historically Black colleges and universities: Morgan State University, Bowie State University and Coppin State University in Baltimore, and the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore. After logging more than 38,000 hours on the case since 2009, the firm and co-counsel at Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law reached a $577 million settlement with the state earlier this year that will fund new, unique programs at the schools. In November 2021, Kirkland announced the firm is donating the $12.5 million in statutory legal fees it was awarded as part of the settlement to seven HBCUs and civil rights organizations. Among the recipients are the Dillard University Center for Racial Justice in New Orleans, the Robert M. Bell Center for Civil Rights in Education, and Kirkland’s co-counsel in the case at the Lawyers’ Committee.
Kirkland Donates $12.5M in Legal Fees from Maryland HBCU Case to Schools and Civil Rights Orgs | News | Kirkland & Ellis LLP
www.kirkland.com

Winston & Strawn Logo
Winston & Strawn

3.8

Compare

Glassdoor has 667 Kirkland & Ellis reviews submitted anonymously by Kirkland & Ellis employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Kirkland & Ellis is right for you.