Kisco Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kisco Senior Living President Andrew S. Kohlberg
Andrew S. Kohlberg

Pros
  • The company invests in its associates and it willing to make improvements to the communities (in 2 reviews)

• The culture is great - everyone I have worked with is genuinely nice and cares about our communities and their residents (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Home office wasn't any help either and offer no support (in 5 reviews)

• Also, expect to do enough work for 2 full time people with the pay of 1/2 person (in 2 reviews)

"Sales director"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best Senior living company that i have ever worked for. Amazing compensation and great growth opportunities.

Cons

Very competitive, keeps you on your toes.

Advice to Management

Hold all Associates to the same standards.

"Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

The staff is very friendly nice place to work

Cons

Salary is jot good at all.p

Advice to Management

Reward your valuable people.

3. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - CNA in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family like atmosphere. company really cares, and want to keep up to date with technology. Most of the residents are amazing and kind.

Cons

Hours change a lot. food is okay. some of the CNA's are not great. residents expect more then what they are paying for

Advice to Management

Check into your employees on a more personal level and see if they are what you want to see in the company. some are great and you should keep them but some do not want to be there and see what would make them happier and want to work harder. happy employees make a great company.

"Caution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Mesa, CA

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you live close to the office that is a pro otherwise not much positive here anymore. It was different years ago but like many companies the culture changed.

Cons

You name it. If you want to work for a company with seeming endless layoffs, people quitting, unhappy environment and outsourcing come work for Kisco. Other "perks": no room for advancement and poor benefits for new employees. Should I keep going? I think you get the idea.

Advice to Management

The only thing management cares about is every last penny. Remember it's all those hard working people that bring you those dollars.

Kisco Senior Living Response

Oct 3, 2016

At Kisco Senior Living we are always open to constructive feedback. We are implementing some changes in the way we do things to better serve our customers, both internal and external. We recognize ... More

"Change"

Current Employee - CMT in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - CMT in Oakland, CA

Pros

Great culture, associate centered, values the service providers, develops people, supportive home office, beautiful campus', high end properties, autonomous CMT, no micromanaging, not trying to be a nursing home, value quality service and the consumer, ongoing property developers

Cons

Too nice at times, allowing too much autonomy for each LLC to manage without consequences for fiscal irresponsibility. Allows poor decisions to be made without accountability. Out of touch with reality of day to day business operations at community, operations too focused on new developments / remodeling and not on current operations of the community

Advice to Management

Stop reorganizing the corporate structure and hold people responsible at the top for holding CMTs accountable at the communities. Senior living is changing but the old guard and mindset remains. Too much change without allowing the evaluation of products or people to be fully implemented. Not in touch with poor decisions of CMT- fiscal irresponsibility and CMT who don't walk the talk. Too much autonomy without accountability and people will continue to leave and the bottom line continues to be in the red. Decisions take too long, paralyzed by analysis while unsafe practices continue- streamline decision making.

"Payroll Specialist"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the company. Very friendly staff and the benefits are wonderful.

Cons

Workload is unmanageable. You are given 2 days to do payroll for 1000 people with minimal assistance from manager.

Advice to Management

Hire new management especially management that cares about the well being of their staff. A former co worker said to me you have to be on Xanax to work in this place and she was right it is the only way you can control your emotions and breath. Hiring an additional person for the dept I was in is the smartest thing to do to remove some of the work load and stress that comes from the manager herself. The job itself is pretty kosher but not the manager. Dismiss her and you will cut out so much stress. Maybe then the dept would be ran properly.

"Kisco Senior Living"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Escondido, CA
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Escondido, CA

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is great company to work for. A lot of the employee's have been there for over 10 years and work like a family. There are many great benefits you start receiving on your first day of employment.

Cons

The senior management should know that having one manager cover for the open CFO and Controller open positions is to difficult for one person. The accounting manager has taken on the work of both of these open positions plus her own work and it makes the whole accounting team suffer. Things are not able to be completed until past the deadlines.

Advice to Management

The senior management needs to not put so much work onto one person which in turn passes work to her staff without out any training or help.

"Enviromental Services Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Kisco Senior Living (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, constant training and engagement. Good benefit package. Managers are empowered to make decisions and are not micro managed.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities depending on location. Increases could be better. Long hiring process that has several screening points. Not that its not needed but it can take 3-4 weeks at times to get associates hired.

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Med Tech Supervisor in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Med Tech Supervisor in Cary, NC

Pros

There was great team work. The benefits were the greatest and they were affordable. I paid less than 40$ per pay period and did not have high co pays or deductibles. They give great bonuses to their employees.

Cons

Because they are a good company there is not much room for growth. Which was the only con I had for myself because I wanted more growth.

"Great Culture & Coworkers"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

The culture is great - everyone I have worked with is genuinely nice and cares about our communities and their residents. No one is cut-throat. The CEO takes interest in feedback from employees and cares about their well-being. Emphasis is placed on providing good service and training and empowering employees. Benefits are excellent and great compared to other companies.

Cons

Brief periods of high turnover. Reliance on outside consultants. Goals that are set each year are hard to achieve at times.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in current talent and give them opportunities to advance within Kisco. Reevaluate the metrics used for goal-setting.