Kisco Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Kisco Senior Living President Andrew S. Kohlberg
Andrew S. Kohlberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company with good benefits (in 5 reviews)

• Great work/life balance; good benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Never got those full time hours you were promised (in 3 reviews)

• High turnover of key positions in the corporate (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home office review: this is a company that really talks the talk, and walks the walk. The best part of the company is the people. Everyone truly cares about what they are doing and why they are doing it. At the end of the day it is really nice to know that you are making a difference in people's lives and that the work that you do is meaningful.

Cons

I don't really have any true cons to report. Every place has a bump or two to deal with, but over all I think this is a fine company and would be happy to work for them again if the opportunity presented itself.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your finest assets and live by the PVBs - everything else will follow. Thanks for a great couple of years!

2. "Amazing Benefits and Great Pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

Excellent Pay and Benefits (insurance, 401K, vacation time)

Cons

The culture and environment has struggled in the past, but is getting much better.

Advice to Management

Work on improving communication to all associates please.

3. "Bad place to work"

Pros

Little good employees left at this place.
    No pros.

Cons

Worst management team. They hide and cover up many things from missing residents, to sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. They also do not pay medical benefits to full time and part time employees as well as tamper with accrued vacation hours. Culture and values installed is a joke!! Top management all not qualified for their positions. Do not bring your loved ones to this place!! They will not be treated well, and also neglected and possibly missing at times!! All the good managers left this facility due to upper management. They were expected to cover up for illegal activities, and also retaliated against if they stood up for their rights.

Advice to Management

Clean house starting from the top!! Worst management!! Many good people left this establishment. Employee turnover is extremely high and morale is very low. Very sad because the residents are being lied to and also not treated with dignity. A lot of illegal activities going on and I am sure that former employees contacted local authorities, including the media. They also hide the fact when residents are missing for up to several hours, and police or family of missing residents were not contacted!! Staff has not been in-serviced or trained properly for years!! They cover up so much from corporate and the residents families!! Truly an evil environment to work at!!

"Ap"

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Nothing to brag about

Cons

Horrible place to work and even survive

5. "Wonderful organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training, compassion, associate engagement and leadership was the best. I loved working with seniors and their families. The very best programing, meals, choices and standards in living. The culture created by leadership was one of family, caring and doing your best to create a positive place for seniors, families and associates.

Cons

There was not as many opportunities for career growth in having only one location in our area of Florida. Our compensation package changed over the years and was tied more to areas of operations and overall revenue. Understandable, however not something we had control over in our department.

Advice to Management

A wonderful team indeed. Keep focusing on the big 3- Associates, residents and families.

"caregivers unappreciated"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

-many opportunities to do good for the residents
    -free meals
    -fun and rewarding to interact with this generation of people
    -HR and Executive Director are great people and really care
    -vacation hours and benefits

Cons

-they hire people who can't or wont do the job of a caregiver, puts a heavy weight on other more capable caregivers
    -very low pay for the amount of responsibility and liability (getting hit by residents or straining back to lift heavy residents)
    -short staffed and high turn over rate, lots of call offs and quitting
    -manager of care staff is quick to criticize and doesn't appreciate staff, very condescending to everyone and fakes appreciation if other management or family is nearby

Advice to Management

- focus on team work between management and staff, it always felt like certain managers were against us and always trying to accuse us of something
    -listen to care staff and their suggestions

7. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment, promotes a sense of community and friendship, excellent teamwork. We are more than co-workers. We are like family. Working together every day to give our all to the residents that live here.

Cons

I have no downsides to report!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thanks for making this place feel like a second home!

8. "You don't work...you enjoy working at Kisco"

Current Employee - Administrative Services Director in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Services Director in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is so rewarding to work for Kisco. It is very difficult to find a place to work that is professional, friendly, you feel respected, get good benefits and employer cares about you. I enjoy every single day getting up and come to work to my second home.

Cons

There is nothing negative I could say about Kisco.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work!

9. "Best Senior Living Community I've worked for so far. And, I've worked for quite a few."

Current Employee - Driver in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Driver in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company takes good care of its residents as well as its employees.

The majority of other communities ONLY take care of their residents, not their employees.

Every year, Kisco's corporate office and its employees from different communities would go outside of the US to build houses for those in need.

Cons

If you are afraid of change, you may not like to work there.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the open door policy. Keep on making the employees feel like family.

"Disney has nothing on us!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company's philosophy is that if they take care of the employee, the employee will take care if the resident and the profits will take care of themselves. The benefits are phenomenal, the atmosphere is warm, friendly and inviting. They demonstrate integrity in everything they do.

Cons

They provide free lunch every day that includes a healthy salad bar, homemade soup, two entrees and a vegetable. I gained 10 pounds! What were they thinking!

Advice to Management

Stay steady on the course we are heading for something big.