Kitchen Collection Reviews | Glassdoor

Kitchen Collection Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2019

Found 86 reviews

2.5
Kitchen Collection CEO Gregory H. Trepp (no image)
Gregory H. Trepp
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay compared to work asked of(in 7 reviews)

• "Work short for barely over minimum wage then expected to do others jobs without supervisors willing to help(in 4 reviews)

"Loved the job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Primm, NV

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were amazing, Job was overall great.

Cons

Based on the location of the store I worked at the pay was too low. If you have to have an hour commute to and from work, you should be paid accordingly.

Kitchen Collection2017-08-19
  2. "Fired"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved my manager and assistant manager

Cons

When You See Something, Say Something So, I was fired today. It was from a low paying job that I was already leaving anyway, but this is a first for my fifty-eight years. Why was I fired, you ask? I was fired for questioning a customer’s wardrobe choice, namely an offensive t-shirt. Working retail has exposed me to a multitude of disturbing situations. I’ve dealt with rudeness, racism, ignorance, laziness... and out and out thievery, but what I saw demanded my attention. A customer came into the store where I previously worked, sporting a t-shirt that had the image of an AK-47 rifle and the saying “The Quickest Way to a Man’s Heart is 256 Rounds a Minute”. I was appalled by the arrogance of this person, but purposely avoided contact until he approached my counter. It was then that I felt compelled to ask, “Sir, given what’s been happening in this country, do you feel that shirt is appropriate?” Yeah, I was fired for that. I worked there for 2 1/2 years, starting as a part time sales associate. During my time there, I often took on full time responsibilities in addition to my teaching job. I covered for those who had family emergencies, were unable to make their shift or were otherwise incapacitated. When Hurricane Florence hit our area, my manager and I were the only ones available to keep the store open. I NEVER failed to cover my shift and often covered for others, including the two days prior to my firing. Customers often praised my product knowledge and positive demeanor. Despite this, it was the complaint of a single customer that led to my firing . Until then, I had zero discipline issues, nor written warnings. I was due one week of paid vacation. I got a day’s pay. I’ve always believed when you see something, say something. The shirt presented what I saw as a credible threat of violence. Dry your eyes. I will be back to teaching in a couple of weeks, so I will use the time to prepare for my upcoming classes. Until then, I will continue to speak out on the issues I support.

Advice to Management

Change your policies regarding customer complaints to take in the employee’s overall history.

Kitchen Collection2019-09-07

"Store managers don't get benefits"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Lime, OR

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time for more than a year

Pros

My store was friendly and a great place to work. My district manager was reasonable as well usually.

Cons

NO benefits, write ups if over hours, very little forgiveness with current computer system resulting in unnecessary hardships.

Kitchen Collection2019-06-12

"Easy work"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Kitchen Collection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility will work around another job

Cons

Pay is low. No benefits

Kitchen Collection2019-04-30

"Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Niagara Falls, NY

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time for less than a year

Pros

Product and the meeting of new people/customers

Cons

Insubordination no store manager support

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable support your assistant management team and better pay for people with experience.

Kitchen Collection2019-05-09
  6. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pooler, GA

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet lots of people, 20% discount

Cons

I was working there when there was a shortage of workers, so me not having much free time was my only con.....that's and standing all day became a pain

Kitchen Collection2018-10-19
  7. "Store Manager"

I worked at Kitchen Collection full-time

Pros

Fun product for all ages for cooking.

Cons

Low wages for part timers

Kitchen Collection2018-08-24

"DON'T WORK HERE"

Current Employee - 4th Key

I have been working at Kitchen Collection part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Interesting items in store and the 20% discount is nice to have.

Cons

-You work alone most of the time with no overlap in coverage. This also means days that are 6+ hours where you are unable to take breaks. -Pay is too low for the work done. About a dollar over minimum wage where I was at for keyholder. -Store, district and regional managers don't care about concerns or ideas from anyone below store manager position. -Our district manager, along with the others from what I hear,... have to be in charge of 2 districts now causing us to be unable to contact them. -They spent money on upgrading the register systems and they are the most unintuitive things I have ever seen. - No matter how well you do your job or how to the letter you follow instructions nothing ever seems right. -Benefits are almost nonexistent. Vacation and holiday pay are based on what your average hours were for the year. Vacation is also only given if you work 1000+ hours in a year. If you quit or get fired before then and you took vacation, they calculate how many hours you work and make you pay back a percentage. For instance if you qualify for 40 hours of vacation and you quit after only working 500 hours that year they will make you pay back 20 hours of vacation.

Advice to Management

Spend less money on new signage every month or a new register system and fairly compensate your employees for the work they do.

Kitchen Collection2018-05-15
  9. "Love/Hate"

I have been working at Kitchen Collection part-time

Pros

Enjoy products they sell and discount

Cons

DISORGANIZED where it is not fair to employees or customers

Advice to Management

When you say "Bend the rules" it is still breaking the law.

Kitchen Collection2017-11-27

"Started out Okay, Devolved Into Nightmares."

Current Employee - 4th Key

I have been working at Kitchen Collection part-time for more than a year

Pros

Job is simple enough. If you're lucky, coworkers are good people.

Cons

. Low pay compared to work asked of. . Management can, will, and has reduced employee morale to nothing through persistent badgering and unobtainable goals. Nothing you do seems good enough. . Work alone majority of the time. Overlap with coworkers about thirty minutes to an hour maximum. .Policy dictates that key holders are to get one full weekend off a month. Be prepared to fight for this every single... time or request off in advance by a month. . Breaks are non-existent unless required by law, even then management will schedule you with sales associates so you may not leave to buy lunch/smoke/etc. . Constant threats and put-downs from management, bullying. . Constant hour cutting and schedule changes with no notification from management, even during holiday season. . Manager is MIA when on the clock. Disappears for ages at a time with no warning. . Assist. Regional/Regional/HR can and will ignore your concerns even if they are completely valid- accuse you of lying. .Company is disorganized and wasteful with no quality control. No communication through company or through store level, at all. Multitudes of emails with instructions to change prices on things that repeatedly (for over a year) come in with the stickers wrong. Or moldy product, rusty product, broken product in shoddy packaging. Just to name a few. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Advice to Management

Management has made it clear that any advice given is unwelcome, I'll pass.

Kitchen Collection2017-11-15