Kite.com Machine Learning Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Kite.com Machine Learning Engineer Reviews

Updated 19 Jun 2019

Found 2 reviews

5.0
Kite.com CEO Adam Smith (no image)
Adam Smith
  1. "Great ML/DL company with strong team and product!"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

- ML models are part of the core product, having good and reliable models is a priority - Extracting dataset from GitHub allows having a lot of clean data in big quantity - Really good benefits (health, events, equipment/computers) - Highly skilled team, in term of engineering, ML theory, and organization - Good culture, lot of events with the whole company, that's really helpful to know each other well and to... work together efficiently

Cons

- Working with source code raises a lot of privacy concern that we have to be careful about - Not that much else (maybe the building lack a bit of man bathroom stall, but definitely not a big issue! )

Advice to Management

Continue to give good visibility to employees about the incoming roadmap. Working on developer tools allow for a pretty wide range of features and it's important to continue to communicate well on which one we want to invest time in!

Kite.com2019-06-20

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kite.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Experienced CEO with a strong roadmap. 2. Smart and collaborative colleagues. 3. Interesting Problems to work on. 4. Managers are technical and capable. 5. Competitive salary 6. Support my paternity leave

Cons

Scrappy team, so fewer perks than a big company. A lot to do on a small team, especially before launch.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, I hope leadership can continue to hire technical managers who are familiar with the code base and can continue to help and coach people on their team. Also to keep being transparent about the company directions.

Kite.com2019-03-12