Kitestring Technical Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Kitestring Technical Services Reviews

Updated Oct 26, 2019

4.7
Kitestring Technical Services CEO Jared Smith
Jared Smith
  1. "I have been working at LJ Smith & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)"

Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Kitestring Technical Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay in the industry, good benefits, Very transparent, any promise to the employee is fulfilled without follow up required and much before the expected time.

Cons

Having very few clients currently, need to expand the company profile to have multiple clients.

Kitestring Technical Services2018-09-22
  2. "The best company to work for"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Kitestring Technical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best pay in the industry; highest benefits; Very transparent; Any promise to the employee is fulfilled without follow up required and much before the expected time

Kitestring Technical Services2018-09-20
  3. "Professionally run company with solid presence in NWA"

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Bentonville, AR

Pros

Very competitive salaries in the area. No micro management. Work is client-focused. Very helpful with processing of work authorizations - whether it's a visa or even a GC request. Several projects available, so in case one ends then they can try to place you in another one. Being a full time but charging per hour has its benefits, especially since overtime is charged to the customer, which is not a very common... thing in today's workplace environment (most employers can get free overtime from direct employees).

Cons

Feels like it needs some more integration between the contractors. Work place experience tends to be affected by client's management. But this may be common with all contracting positions. For example, some managers might get you a macbook (with work from home capability), others just a virtual machine or client desktop.

Advice to Management

Maybe search for ways to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing between the contractors. For example by setting up collaboration tools such as a private stack overflow like tool, forums, etc. I think it's in the best interest of LJSA to keep as much knowledge about PoS systems as possible.

Kitestring Technical Services2018-09-18
  4. "Great Company with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bentonville, AR

Pros

Competitive salaries in the area. Not over managed because of contract position. Very quick to respond to requests. Great experience working for one of the largest retail chains. Being a full time employee that charges by the hour can mean great benefits. Experience challenges and professional growth faster than other work environments

Cons

Project management with some clients can be difficult to be effective as a contract/consultant position.

Kitestring Technical Services2018-09-19
  5. "Well balanced company that I enjoy working for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Kitestring Technical Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

On boarding process quick and painless. Quick to fulfill any requests for equipment or support. After working as a vendor for Walmart 3+ years, see the most opportunity for growth. No micro managing. Everyone I have interacted with has been friendly and supportive.

Cons

I would say there is a lack of community, which is better than a negative feeling about the community. I prefer this over forced awkward team building events and forced unnatural interactions with staff. But to be fair, I've also done nothing to attempt to create or enter the community.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to advise management on, they have a well run business and I'm grateful to be a part of the team.

Kitestring Technical Services2018-09-18
  6. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Kitestring Technical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Management is Approachable

Cons

No job security, purely depends on projects with Walmart.

Kitestring Technical Services2018-08-05
  7. "A good company to work for."

I have been working at Kitestring Technical Services full-time

Pros

Provides a lot of technical work experience.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities are available

Kitestring Technical Services2017-06-13
  8. "Good for a while"

Senior Software Engineer in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Kitestring Technical Services for more than a year

Pros

LJS is a family run operation and they're all great people who are good at supplying many fundamentals to their associates.

Cons

After doing two non-consecutive contracts with LJS, it seems they specialize more in short-term project contracts, so when the contract is over, you're out. Their entire operation is centered around one client, which limits their options. If you want stability or continuity, go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Diversify. Establishing relationships with new clients (not associated with the current one) might allow options for employment continuity, as well as secure overall company economic health.

Kitestring Technical Services2016-11-02

"You're better off somewhere else"

Current Employee - Contract Programmer in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Kitestring Technical Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Since Walmart is their primary customer (Toshiba being second), you can put that on your resume.

Cons

It is very obvious the employer does the very minimum for the employees. If there are any qualms with the customer (Walmart), you are always at fault. Period. They'll "listen" to your side of the story, and then tell you to keep your head down, and work. There is no sense of belonging, or community, or anything of the nature. If Walmart wants you gone for whatever reason, 9 times out of 10 you are gone. There... is barely ever any push back. For the amount of stress you are put under, the compensation is mediocre.

Advice to Management

At least pretend to care about your employees. Provide development, or training.

Kitestring Technical Services2016-05-31
  10. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Bentonville, AR

Pros

The CEO is taking care of the employees, I work in the company 1 year and a half and I never had any issue with any department.

Cons

The only cons I found but is not a big deal, is the fact that the CEO have a lot of things to handle, and sometimes he forget some topics.

Kitestring Technical Services2016-05-25