Kiva "unpaid internship" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kiva Employee Reviews about "unpaid internship"

Updated Mar 14, 2018

4.0
Kiva Chief Executive Officer Neville Crawley
Neville Crawley
Pros
  • "Friendly, transparant and flat work environment with a professional atmosphere(in 13 reviews)

• "Great opportunity to really make an impact while learning about the microfinance industry(in 11 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "unpaid internship"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I really enjoyed my internship!"

I worked at Kiva

Pros

The culture of the employees, support from my manager really helped me grow and the social activities

Cons

It is an unpaid internship

Kiva2018-03-14

Kiva Response

September 24, 2018CFO & Global Head of Operations

Thanks so much for your review. I’m glad you had a great experience.

Continue reading
  2. "Marketing and Communications Intern"

Current Intern - Marketing and Communications Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kiva

Pros

-people that work here are absolutely incredible -good intro/taste into the work Kiva is doing worldwide -an organization with an inspiring mission that seems to be making a positive and tangible impact on the world -fun and open office space -flexible work schedule

Cons

-unpaid internship (expensive to live in San Francisco with no salary)

Kiva2017-11-06
  3. "Great place to learn and network, but difficult to stay motivated (as an intern)"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kiva for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent work-life balance - Strong corporate culture - Many professional development opportunities - Wide range of projects/tasks to work on - Freedom to develop own projects

Cons

- Unpaid internship without stipend - Not many opportunities to become full-time - High employee/volunteer turnover

Kiva2017-03-21
  4. "Intern"

I worked at Kiva

Pros

The atmosphere is very open and inviting, staff are friendly, and interns are included in a lot of the work.

Cons

Internships are unpaid but there other interns to bond with over snacks in the office. The hands-on participation is the most valuable. There are also some opportunities for networking and professional development.

Kiva2016-03-29
  5. "Great experience and company culture"

I worked at Kiva

Pros

Wonderful staff who truly believe in improving lives for disadvantaged entrepreneurs.

Cons

Unpaid internship but so so worth it.

Kiva2015-11-04
  6. "Kiva Internship"

I worked at Kiva

Pros

It is a great organization with a powerful mission that is easy to get hooked on! The internships really give you the opportunity to get hands on experience in non-profit work.

Cons

Internships are unpaid, and you sometimes need to ask a little too much for help getting connected to other organizations that may be able to hire you. Though this can be an advantage, there is some nepotism which means you may get passed up for a job by someone who interned their previously, etc.

Kiva2015-07-15
  7. "Kiva.org Internship"

I worked at Kiva

Pros

Great connections, inspiring coworkers, great learning opportunity for both the tech and nonprofit world, friendly staff, informative workshops that give you an inside

Cons

Cons: Unpaid internship, cost of living in San Francisco is high, unlikely hire after internship, repetitive and simple daily work

Kiva2015-06-12

"Best Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kiva for less than a year

Pros

The Kiva internship opportunity is the definition of unique, non-traditional and rewarding. Your work and performance will be highly praised throughout your 5 month period. In my experience, I found there was no hierarchy of positions within my department, but rather a sense of equality, cooperation and engagement. As an intern, I had the space to pitch my own ideas and share my opinion in certain areas. Kiva gives interns the opportunity to spend the day in other departments to get a sense of how the organization is run and organized. The internship also gives individuals an inside perspective into the microfinance world and how social impact is leveraged on a local and global scale. Might I also mention that Kiva is a work hard, play hard organization dedicated to their mission to alleviate poverty and push the boundaries of the social impact sphere. The individuals you find at this organization are passionate, driven, talented, and fun loving. You immediately build relationships here because everyone is deeply involved and interested in fostering an innovative and fun culture!

Cons

-The internships are unpaid -Most internships don't turn into a full time position unless you're there at the right time and a position opens up in your department

Kiva2015-02-03
  9. "intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Kiva for less than a year

Pros

great atmosphere and company culture office space is awesome / dog friendly smart and driven people opportunity to work on important and impactful projects.

Cons

Disorganized at times office space is open and can become extremely noisy at time. Growth within company is extremely limited and can crush your motivation as a volunteer hoping to get a full-time position. No travel expenses or living stipend. This can be tough when your stuck in SF for an unpaid internship.

Kiva2014-05-26

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews