Kiwi.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Oliver Dlouhy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also including very pleasant office space in Brno Campus which is even dog friendly, which I totally adore (in 14 reviews)

• Beautiful work premises, free coffee, fresh fruits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero work/life balance, The schedule of shifts is simply terrible - 9 night shifts in 10 days (in 4 reviews)

• night shifts are not good because you have to work so many but this is known when I took job (in 5 reviews)

1. "Kiwi.com is a fast growing company in the travele industry."

Current Employee - Team Manager in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Kiwi.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kiwi has a nice and friendly atmosphere where foreigners are more than welcomed and your advantages are respected and credited.
    Nice benefits.

Cons

Although Kiwi.com has a nice atmosphere it has not much space for you to grow either to develop your self.
    You can only change department which will not much change your routine and won't teach you a lot.
    No Salary reviews and no raises although you exceeded your job and you're helpful and hardworking.

Advice to Management

You are trying hard, but I guess you can start to reward your employees for their hard work, and by rewarding, I mean money and salary raise because this is a real world and to live you need money.
    So whenever, you do not do those many good people will leave because simply their skills are not paid for enough.
    Respectfully,

2. "You need to have what it takes"

I have been working at Kiwi.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing and extraordinary experience. The company's story is so unique it's hardly comparable to any other workplace in the location. Fast-paced environment, talented people, countless opportunities to develop, learn new things and grow professionally.

Cons

The business sector dynamics often cause unexpected situations, which are hard to handle and manage. The work here is about constant adjustments that require a good level of maturity from each and every person in the business.

3. "Great people, great job"

Current Employee - Cs Representative in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Cs Representative in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Kiwi.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

colleagues are your friends
    great atmosphere
    exciting business, constant changes

Cons

internal communication is not ideal

Advice to Management

pls improve the internal communication of changes

"Customer support - horrible, anything else - perfect"

I have been working at Kiwi.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You all need to distinguish working for the customer support department and working for any other department in Kiwi.com.
    I spent my first year on customer support and it was exactly how everyone else says. But I managed to get on a better position away from CS and its absolutely perfect. I love my job so much, love the people, managers, I feel so good in the office and coming to work on every monday. And I am being absolutely honest now :) They treat us like friends and benefits are perfect, we even have free taxi rides and other benefits that customer support does not have. So my advice is to use customer support as a starting job and when you are good enough, you will get on a better position and find the best job ever.

Cons

Quarterly bonus is not guaranteed

"Used to be a good company, not anymore"

Former Employee - CS/BO in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - CS/BO in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at Kiwi.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are planning to go to other departments like IT / BizDev etc, go for it, people are treated there well.

Cons

If you don' t have friends on high posts or you are not a bootlicker don' t even think about going there unless you want to just stay couple months.

Advice to Management

Kiwi.com are 2 companies into 1 -> Back office / Customer Support + all other departments. In the first part - CS/BO, nobody will take care of you as there are only people by friendship with zero knowledge of what they are doing. They just do care about themselves. All the good people had left already or were fired because they wanted to do something for the agents.
    The Management has just changed, promised a lot at the beginning but the things were now not even wrong way, but more obvious way. The previous management at least knew how to hide the preferences to their friends.
    If you want to travel, this is not a place unless you have friends who can get you there / sleeping buddies in higher position.
    Oliver used to care about CS/BO, now not anymore.

6. "worst company"

Former Employee - Customer Support
    Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at Kiwi.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Easy job
    - Stupid co-workers made me smart

Cons

- Horrible management
    - They never respect employees

"Worst company ever been."

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Kiwi.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anything, maybe to be aware of so horrible coworkers could exist.

Cons

All, if I could I could vomit on all of them.

Advice to Management

Fart for you all.

"Travel Consultant"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at Kiwi.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you can consider following as pros:
    - learned to type on keyboard even faster (due to chats).
    - became better at apologizing to customers.
    - became friends with many nice people at the company.

Cons

The whole experience of working at Kiwi.com was simply a waste of time professional-wise.

No career opportunities. Fake promises from management (promise a lot - do nothing). Unprofessional management, who doesn't understand basic things in managing people.

No work-life balance. Salary is not adequate for such a "work", especially for the night shifts. Bonuses are weird (very low).

Shift planning is completely out of this planet... seems like WFM do not understand that they make the shifts schedules for real people and not for robots.

Working as a travel consultant you really get an impression that management consider you "not too smart". People at the management are good personally, but not good on their professional positions.

Seems like there are many fake reviews on Glassdoor.
    Noone who worked at Kiwi would describe Kiwi as "exciting company".

Out of 5 stars I would give 0 if that was possible for Kiwi.com as a place to work.

Advice to Management

Hi Management,
    Here is my advice to you:
    People don't go to work because they love your company, they go to work to grow professionally and GET salary. These are main 2 reasons why people go to your company. No cookies, no coffee will help unless you understand the real motivation of people you hire. Provide your employees with good training along the process. Give people a good motivation (bonuses) based on their INDIVIDUAL performance. Give more bonuses! The company earns hell loads of money! Why being so greedy on giving more to the Kiwi people who help earning the company?
    Also to have the right atmosphere on the floor - Promote the real professionals on the floor. Don't promote people just because they are your friends... this is business or what?

Hire real professionals for higher management. They are 5 times more expensive, but it is worth it.

"Was paid to do fake reviews on Trustpilot but fired unjustly"

Former Employee - Community Review Generator in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Community Review Generator in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Kiwi.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE horrible
    The worst place they scam their customers

Cons

Almost minimum wage, constant overtime which we were never paid for.

I am one of their staff and recently fired but I was on their team of placing reviews here. I believe I have to be the one to blow the whistle on Kiwi.com as I dont support them ripping off their customers and lying to the entire trustpilot community.

You can easily identify all the fake ones as they are written by our South African outsourcing center and follow this pattern:

The FAKE REVIEWS follow this pattern:
    - Find 1 good point to mention about the service
    - Use a unique European/Spanish or American name (we were told to avoid African/Middle east or Asian names)
    - Mention 1-2 names with a first name and last name abbreviation format, notice how almost all the 1-3 line reviews mention the names of kiwi reps like this: Sandra A., Daniel B, John C. etc ?
    - Write a one to 3 line review composing of the above. Notice how almost all the FAKE positive reviews are 1-3 lines?

I urge glassdoor to investigate

Advice to Management

Close down

"STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Brno (Czech Republic)

I worked at Kiwi.com (More than a year)

Pros

- Free coffee (for now)

Cons

Worked in it for a year. This company does not care for it's employees. Especially customer support. It treats them like Lab-rats, changing their shifts at will... with no logical cohesion between them and keeps the good shifts and positions for "it's" friends.

They have employees work on bank-holidays, not paying them the double salary and actually forcing them to take days off within 3 months, instead. (Is this even legal?) Plus they ask you to do chats, bookings, calls & e-mails at the same time, while only offering the least legal salary.

If you are not Czech and want to go to a company that will actually provide growth to you... Make sure to stay AWAY from this one.-

Advice to Management

Good luck!