Klarna Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 203 reviews

3.6
Klarna CEO Sebastian Siemiatkowski
Sebastian Siemiatkowski
Pros
  • "Fast paced, room to progress for the willing(in 26 reviews)

• "It is a great, promising, fast growing company with very ambitious goals and an attitude that says "go get them(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely bad and inexperienced middle management(in 13 reviews)

• "This seems to be the most common reason why the turn-over rate is so high(in 5 reviews)

Swedish people are cool

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at Klarna full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Klarna is an exceptional company to work for. It is completely unlike any company I've ever worked for especially in Columbus, OH. I really miss the atmosphere, the environment, and the culture. As a data person, it was very convenient to be able to reach out to various engineers to get things accomplished right away. Klarna has a lot of talented, intelligent people on the cutting edge of newest technologies and approaches...

Cons

Klarna has made a niche in the Nordics and other European markets and they are very aggressive in the U.S. Given their infancy into the U.S. market, it was very difficult gauge the success of the company. I dealt with fraud prevention strategies and it seems like the move to put chips in cards made the online space a haven for fraudsters which is difficult for companies like Klarna. This made the job very challenging...

Advice to Management

Kick the sales team in gear to show the world what Klarna has to offer!

2. Worked in Berlin Office

I worked at Klarna

Pros

Great chill atmosphere and they refresh your knowledge of the company and fintech info every now and then, always ordered food and relax about vaycay days.

Cons

Pro amd con they promoted within but the con is that some of the employees who worked hard, go unnoticed.

Advice to Management

Create a balance of female/ male management as it was before, its positive to offer more of us women the role but even it out.

Temp - Customer Service Case Manager

Former Employee - Customer Service in Columbus, OH

I worked at Klarna for more than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere, nice coworkers, FIKA Fridays, company holidays

Cons

If you start out as a temp, you will probably stay a temp for at least a year. Also expect to pay for your own parking or park really far away

Advice to Management

Please be nice to ALL your employees!! Your temps work very hard and get less than half the benefits you do.

4. Not a Bad Place to Work

I have been working at Klarna full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good people, laid back environment

Cons

It's been fine for me.

Good hype but not much success

I worked at Klarna full-time

Pros

Successful in Europe and opportunities to visit Sweden

Cons

Lack of a clear strategy and changing management make it unstable in the US. US Management team has very limited lending experience

Great people and upper management

I have been working at Klarna full-time

Pros

Had a great culture and fun attmaspher until they fired a lot of people around Christmas.

Cons

Mostly everyone in customer service is a temp but you feel at times you are working hard for a job that they are never going to official bring you on for.

Advice to Management

To many talented individuals are leaving all if the time because not enough is done to keep them around. Something has to change so that one day the true mission of Klarna can be reality and not just an idea on a poster.

Best of both worlds

I have been working at Klarna full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Large company that has a true global impact with significant upside in all markets. If you are driven and take initiative the opportunities are limitless

Cons

You need to be able to handle the chaos that sometimes comes with a startup and the rigor that comes from working in a highly regulated banking environment

Advice to Management

Focus on the basics of what got you here

Fast paced, enjoyable co-workers, many opportunities

Former Employee - Customer Service in Columbus, OH

I worked at Klarna full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

In general a very team oriented company. Relaxed work environment. Startup feel.

Cons

Socially disconnected middle management. Lack of vertical communication within departments. Typical chaotic startup issues and fixes.

Chaotic

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Klarna

Pros

Really energetic staff. Most people are pretty ambitious and hard working. From a consumer perspective, it really is a great product when used responsibly.

Cons

Engineering management is anti-intellectual and the higher up the org chart you go, the less tech savvy. The VP/Director-level or above hires pushed by the investors have all been expensive washouts with little to show for the investment. No proper individual contributor career ladder, which means more technically minded engineers need to go into management or leave the company to progress their careers.

Advice to Management

The B-players that hired the C-players are long gone and there's a lot of D-players hired by the C-players left around. Think hard about raising the bar.

An amazing place to work and grow

I have been working at Klarna full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very high pace and high growth environment where you can really have a tangible impact on your role and development opportunities. Additionally the culture is very close knit and has a family feel to it. I love working here and can't imagine myself working anywhere else. In my view this is now a big company that has maintained a small company mentality which fosters innovation and a team spirit. I think that this...

Cons

Because Klarna is moving very fast and expanding, the work environment can be hectic and a bit unstructured at times. This is not really a con per se but more of a circumstance that you have to adapt to if you want to work in a company that is going places. I suppose that this suits some people better than others but I love it.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top of the line people and coming up with new products. :)

Found 203 reviews