KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Klarna

Is this your company?

Klarna

Add a Review

Klarna Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 83 of over 722 reviews

3.9
Klarna CEO and Founder Sebastian Siemiatkowski
Sebastian Siemiatkowski
Pros
  • "I love the fast-paced environment and growth mindset we all have to help drive us forward to succeed(in 66 reviews)

• "There are many great people working at klarna, where speed of delivery is very valued(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it is hard to see how the impact of each team affects Klarna as a whole(in 87 reviews)

• "On-call which might affect the Work/Life balance(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

1y

works at

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jan 8, 2021 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good company outlook

Cons

Can be tough if you’re resistant to working in fast paced environment, but it’s always exciting

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic growing Fintech company to work for!

Oct 5, 2020 - Senior Service Delivery Lead in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Klarna for 1.5 years and have learned more in the past year and a half than in my entire career. At Klarna, the culture is one of a kind. Everyone you meet is passionate, intelligent, caring, and shares the same personal and professional values. Working at Klarna you get to wear a lot of hats and work on many different projects at once. Klarna is fast-pace and you get to see your work have an immediate impact on the business and growth.

Cons

The promotion and salary adjustment at Klarna could be better communicated to leaders and individual contributors. I have already seen immense improvement on this in the last year and am looking forward to the future of the promotion process. While working for an international company, time zones are also a con, however, there is not much we can do there besides be flexible.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company, terrible organization

Feb 5, 2020 - Commercial Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Klarna for just over a year. In my time there I was able to thoroughly be immersed in B2B sales and learn a ton about the eCommerce space. You work with exciting companies and there is potential for personal growth. Worked with an amazing team who all worked hard and continuously wanted to please management and impress the top dogs. Great work life balance, PTO, parental leave, and a decent starting salary. They provide you with the right tools and equipment you need to successfully execute your job. There were a lot of travel opportunities and they created amazing camaraderie amongst teams with the company culture.

Cons

The start up culture created a fast paced environment which unfortunately caught up to them. The CEO and all of management is too caught up in being the same as the competition which made us feel like we were dogs chasing our own tail, it was fun but always chasing. Does not have a sales oriented mindset which created a disconnection between the sales and marketing teams. Internal communication was terrible. Impulsive decisions made by the higher ups without anyone telling them to consider the consequences have led them to a pivotal point in the success of the company. They have the talent and people willing to work hard but don't know how to execute. Sometimes it felt like they spent money to literally just spend it. There was no real budget, and they are too busy trying to look like a cool brand rather than running a great company

15 people found this review helpful

Klarna Response

Org &. Leadership

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It’s helpful for us to understand what’s working and what we can do better to make Klarna an even better place to work. We’re glad to see that you appreciate the people, growth opportunities and benefits. We do understand that the recent company changes have been challenging and that our internal communication can be improved, which is something we’re continuously evaluating. We keep your feedback in mind for the future. Best regards, Klarna

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, fun and out of the box!

Oct 5, 2020 - Office Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

My team is a bunch of talented, kind, passionate and fun people who like to think outside the box.

Cons

Very fast paced. Not bad, just be prepared to shift focus quickly.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A modern bank, fast growing and fast-paced.

Nov 16, 2021 - Devops Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Autonomy, both for the team and individually. Make your pitch, present your architecture and it will go live. - You build it, you run it (and monitor). Be ready to work on all aspects of the software life cycle. - Willing to thrive, teams really collaborate the growing. - Vibrant branding and culture, outstands in the beautiful offices. Though Klarna also has embraced work from home (hybrid). - Awesome breakfasts, and recently lunch during office days. - Solid company, there are other benefits like healthcare budget (gym), relocation assistance, and shares under vesting.

Cons

- Fast-paced many times means: do whatever to have it shipped. - Middle management pushes as much as they can. Take care or you'll be working way more than the working hours. - Get ready to be brainwashed by the leadership principles, a copy/paste from Amazon's, doesn't feel natural. - High turnover pushes you to learn it yourself. Hours reverse-engineering code and searching old threads in slack. - Financial industry can be boring and stressful.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and contribute to the future of commerce

Sep 28, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredibly fast paced, never a dull moment. - Great team members, and organizational strucuture - there's no concept of "departments", instead there are Domains organized around broad problem spaces, and cross-functional sub teams that focus on specific sub problem spaces. - World class office support, from office supply/equipments to payroll and beyond. - Very generous relocation package. - Deliberate inclusion. - Frequent communication from the top down.

Cons

- Although everyone speaks English, there's still a tendency to feel left out of conversations when the Swedish natives subconsciously switch to speak their language.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

High growth, fast-paced, and motivating!

Aug 2, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Madrid
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing very quickly and there are constantly changes in the organization (which means there are many opportunities and they do truly encourage you to explore other areas if you want to follow an irregular path and grow your talent). The pay and compensation is great. The C-level team gives great visibility to what goes on in the company and there is constant communication among teams internationally. There is a huge emphasis on being a team player and each team is like being in a startup (the organization is different from anything I've ever experienced). Also, it is quite inspiring as the quality of work seen from other teams is extremely high - they do a great job of getting the best talent, globally!

Cons

It isn't for the faint of heart. You need to like fast-paced environments and working under pressure. Being such an innovation-driven company means there are constantly new launches and projects to keep up with, but if you embrace this, it is a great place to push yourself and grow.

8. 5.0

Great place to develop

Nov 2, 2021 - Business Operations Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Klarna believes in their staff. It is a great place to develop your specialist or leadership skills.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, which is exciting! But it creates the feeling of a start-up. Fast paced and at times unstructured

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ride the wave of an exciting and competitive industry

Aug 8, 2021 - Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

- teams are empowered to own their responsibilities; hierarchy means less - a lot more opportunities to shine and develop new skills. - people are engaged and autonomous. the culture allows people to be themselves - good perks :) - employees work-life balance are given importance and encouraged - you are in control of your career - engineering community is filled with smart and autonomous people

Cons

- very fast-paced - not for everyone - a lot of new teams = lots of uncertainties and missing processes

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great

Oct 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast paced international working environment.

Cons

Growing company with possibly to improve communication

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews