KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Klarna

Engaged Employer

Klarna

Add a Review

Klarna Employee Reviews about "leadership"

Updated Oct 3, 2022

Found 67 of over 1,127 reviews

3.5
Klarna CEO and Founder Sebastian Siemiatkowski
Sebastian Siemiatkowski

What people are saying about Klarna

Join the conversation on

Consulting Exit Opportunities

3m

a

Product Associate

Hi everyone, Got a few offers that I would love some input on. Have offers from Visa, PayPal, Affirm, and Wisetack (series B start-up). Visa is in office while the other three are remote friendly, which is important to me. Visa comp is also about 30k lower than the other offers (tc from the other three companies are at around170, yoe 2.5). Normally I’d go with Wisetack or Affirm for the growth potential but given what happened to Klarna, I’m a bit hesitant. Which option would you go with

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The Klarnauts people were great but they sacked 10% after an announcement in less than 24h.(in 116 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues to work with(in 104 reviews)
  • "At Klarna you will feel constantly challenged and the company's culture is great(in 66 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and time off if you are in a team that allows you to use it.(in 43 reviews)
  • "work life balance is good(in 28 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "leadership"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

They aren't as good as they think they are but there's potential

Feb 28, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering culture is great - Highlight of the company. If you want to learn and learn fast, this is a great place for you. Highly flexible job roles, if you want to try something you can. Core banking is a fantastic domain for an engineer. Work on complex and interesting problem spaces - There's a lot of different things going on. This means if you see something else you want to go work on, they do a good job of enabling it which is great.

Cons

App domain is a mess - I'd avoid if you're coming in. Honestly it just needs new leadership and until it does it's unfortunately just a meat grinder for resources. There's also a dangerous blame culture in that domain with a few people burning out and being blamed for their inability to cope. You've been warned. Micromanagement - Management doesn't seem to realise how big they are now. They act like it's still a start up. Expect to have the smallest UI details decided by domain leads (specifically App domain lead) and the CEO/CPO. That said, if you go to a domain outside of the spotlight you will have a good time leading meaningful product development! Backwards WFH policy - COVID has forced them to adopt WFH, trust me they wouldn't if they could. They tried to force everyone back in after the first wave which was severely misguided and backfired spectacularly (so many people caught covid...) I've heard mention of 2 in 3 out post-covid but I won't hold my breath. Product management - They've leaned product towards the business too much. It's a management requirements factory led by the micromanagement I mentioned. Again, some real potential with the lower levels but there's not enough room to truly own your product and discover as a team where it will go.

Continue reading
    35 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Good working place

Feb 12, 2022 - Consultant in Stockholm, Stockholm
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about the employees satisfaction. Educates about good leadership and pushes it’s people to be active and critical.

Cons

Roles and goals of teams and employees sometimes can be unclear. Work knowledge can be limited to only the particular team tasks

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor leadership that doesn't care about their people

Feb 24, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Stockholm, Stockholm