KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Klarna

Engaged Employer

Klarna

Add a Review

Klarna Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Sep 30, 2022

Found 388 of over 1,123 reviews

3.5
Klarna CEO and Founder Sebastian Siemiatkowski
Sebastian Siemiatkowski

What people are saying about Klarna

Join the conversation on

Consulting Exit Opportunities

3m

a

Product Associate

Hi everyone, Got a few offers that I would love some input on. Have offers from Visa, PayPal, Affirm, and Wisetack (series B start-up). Visa is in office while the other three are remote friendly, which is important to me. Visa comp is also about 30k lower than the other offers (tc from the other three companies are at around170, yoe 2.5). Normally I’d go with Wisetack or Affirm for the growth potential but given what happened to Klarna, I’m a bit hesitant. Which option would you go with

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low salary and not stimulating.(in 87 reviews)
  • "Bad managers and poor management(in 41 reviews)
  • "Inexperienced managers with no clear goals for the teams.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Most people who left the company complains about bad leadership and lack of care by the upper management level.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Below industry average pay across departments.(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team and atmosphere, not so great compensation

Mar 24, 2022 - Service Delivery Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture - communication and feedback culture - inclusion and equality are being tackled - colleagues are wonderful - some leads are, too :)

Cons

Compensation below average - structures for development and promotion are often nontransparent and depend on too few people who decide whether someone gets promoted/a higher salary or not - which contributes to our team being understaffed and overloaded with work - some leads value numbers/efficiency too high and quality/effectiveness too little - those also sometimes like to keep their folks down, selfishly prohibiting them from developing and being promoted

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The worst experience from Leadership

May 26, 2022 - Marketing Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Klarnauts people were great but they sacked 10% after an announcement in less than 24h.

Cons

Leadership made a clear discrimination of my nationality and origin, this was shocking and the most violent experience I had from any employer in my career. They disrespectfully dismissed people over a pre recorded video without any human emotions. They followed no process nor any legal procedure.

Continue reading
    10 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 28, 2021 - Service Delivery Lead in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Klarna are all fantastic. I can't recall ever having worked with such a talented and inspiring group of people. I love how every employee is encouraged to own their problem space and how you can really make a change in this organisation. Things move fast when there's a good opportunity. It's a growing company, with great future prospects.

Cons

Can't really think of much negative. There's a lot of flexibility to control your own days and we have a hybrid approach to home/office-work which is great. With the flexibility comes that you might also be invited to some late afternoon meetings to collaborate with HQ if your role requires.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 3.0