Klaviyo Reviews

Found 152 of over 162 reviews

4.5
Klaviyo CEO Andrew Bialecki
Andrew Bialecki

What people are saying about Klaviyo

Join the conversation on

Advertising

115.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Klaviyo~1169266
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Klaviyo and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Finally, a company that practices what it preaches

Nov 19, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Klaviyo is a company that literally puts their money where their mouth is. From a comprehensive onboarding program to benefits that think outside the box (learning stipends, wellness initiatives, business coaching - the list is endless), it is clear that Klaviyo truly believes that employees are their most valuable asset. Additionally, the culture here is tremendous. I have felt nothing but welcomed and accepted since the moment I started interviewing, and that has not gone away since I officially joined the company. Accepting the offer here feels like one of the smartest decisions I have made in a very long time.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supported and growth

May 16, 2022 - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked in an environment of truly diverse and driven individuals. The stakeholders and teams I hire for have such a great grasp on bringing new team members that will constantly level us up. I have gotten to see so many of my hires grow, be promoted, and have their lives changed. When growing a sales team that is not a common success I have seen in the past, the teams- I have helped hired see success and are truly happy working selling our product. By working here and that is why I joined corporate recruiting.

Cons

I thrive off fast pace and change, but if a high growth environment or change in business is not the culture you look for that would not be a good fit.

3. 2.0

mid management has issues

May 11, 2022 - Data Science
    Business Outlook

Pros

company is growing and well-funded (thus far)

Cons

mid-management is a mixed bag — the data science org specifically has a few people senior and above that either lack basic ML knowledge and exposure, or human-to-human empathy, and in some cases, both. how you progress in your career is highly dependent on whether your manager advocates for you, and since like promotes like — the people that climb up the ladder quickly tend to be white, male, self-entitled, and dare I say emotionally stunted. company talks a lot about DEI, but let's be honest, it's very much a white man's world here at Klaviyo. advocating for DEI doesn't earn you any points in your performance review, so you may as well stop trying. If you want to do well here and you are a minority, you gotta have a tough skin and fight for what you deserve — if you don't, you will never get the opportunities and appreciation that gets handed to white ivy-league graduates. There's people here that graduated from MIT 10 years ago and still talk about it on a daily basis at the expense of people who come from less privileged backgrounds.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Epitome of the "Carrot on a stick"

Mar 16, 2022 - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great engineering team that is making constant iterations to product to better serve customers and actually follows up on roadmap promises

Cons

Inexperienced sales middle management with little to no experience in actual selling themselves. The fast tract for promotions in 2018-2020 lead to a group of sales leaders who were directionless and actually promoted poor sales practices that I felt lead to a step back in my sales acumen and career tract. While interviewing, I was so excited about the potential for an IPO, I was convinced to accept a 10k cut in base and 17k cut in OTE. Their feedback was "Our highest level of sales management are taking cuts, so you shouldn't feel bad doing so". Never take a step back like this in your career! It was one of my worst mistakes and the promise of an IPO is never assured. Majority of sales team I haven spoken with recently are considering leaving The market is highly competitive, moving to all-in-one tools and Klaviyo doesn't seem to be keeping pace with companies like Attentive Hyper transactional, as an entrepreneur AE you'll like be expected to close 35-40ish deals a month. Worked from 6am to 10pm some nights as I was handling territories from every section of the globe. Sales comes second to everything else within the company. Originally the founder didn't even believe in having a sales team, wanted this to be a "self-serve" model and that attitude against salespeople seems to still prevail within the culture Cliquey, high-school type of culture

15 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Outward Image Doesn't Match what's going on

Mar 9, 2022 - Onboarding Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Company Match -Fun and competitive product -Education stipend and generous book reimbursement -Super fun people to work with

Cons

Honestly, their outward image makes it seem so much better than it actually is. When I first got hired, I couldn't believe that this company hadn't gone public yet. Now, I get that they do not have their stuff in order. Lack of leadership decision making that is not based around sales. I should have known to run when I saw that one of their values is "customer comes first." Seriously, that is a value. It's basically saying that they put money over their employees since the customer is the business. As other reviews have mentioned, time and time again, capacity is an issue. What do they keep doing? Scaling sales and not having it match customer success to support these sales. Teams are stretches thin, then people quit, and then stretched even thinner. Do they train their sales to set proper expectations? No. Do they keep sales accountable for this? You guessed, it. Nope. Who suffers? Customer support. What is honestly super disappointing is that the pay scale is in comparison to our competitors. It's about a 20k difference. And you know what? That's enough alone to make someone leave. There is not rhyme or reason for promotions. During a town hall, leadership mentioned that the expectations was about every 2 years to get promoted. They didn't mention about experience, projects, etc. Yet then, other teams people get hired in about a year. More importantly, they were supposed to roll out compensation bands and sure enough they withdrew that project. So far, this is a smoke and mirrors and I'll be looking for a job elsewhere.

9 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Amazing Company & Culture

Apr 27, 2022 - Sr Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom and autonomy are big at Klaviyo. You are trusted to do your job. You are given the freedom and flexibility to get your work done as you see fit. Nobody is micro managing you to be sure you re getting things done. TRUST, is huge at Klaviyo and it makes working here feel amazing. There is also plenty of opportunity to cross collaborate with other teams and take on projects that interest you.

Cons

Lots of meetings, but many of them are not mandatory and are recorded so you can watch them at another time. Since the company is large onboarding can be overwhelming at times, but there are numerous Slack channels and an internal Wiki to help you navigate any information you might need.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The hiring process and engineering team is great at Klayvio

Apr 25, 2022 - Engineering Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiters, managers, and developers I interviewed with were responsive, accommodating, and were just good down-to-earth folks. The engineering team is tight knit and truly full-stack - so I'll get to have a major impact on the product as a hands-on engineering manager.

Cons

I haven't yet experienced any negatives at Klayvio.

8. 3.0

Honestly? It's just okay

Feb 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent compensation package, benefits Strong sense of ownership over work Lots of opportunity to make an impact Meaningful investments in R&D financially and otherwise

Cons

Severe lack of transparency from upper management when it's touted all the time as one of our core values Career growth pathways are not always the most clear Product is often over-ambitious with what can actually be delivered by engineering Burnout has been brought up time and again as an issue and management doesn't really seem to care Outward image seems to be more important than making sure people are happy and taken care of

14 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and PTO, everyone's willing to help, room for growth

Cons

You need to work hard and learn the product

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company, Training is improving but has a long way to go

Apr 29, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Progressive culture Great benefits Great Pay Great People

Cons

LARGE AMOUNTS OF RESOURCES Lack of collaboration due to large amount of resources Constrictive culture Poor Work/Life Balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 152 Reviews

Klaviyo Reviews FAQs

Klaviyo has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 162 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Klaviyo to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Klaviyo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Klaviyo. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

87% of Klaviyo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Klaviyo 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Klaviyo to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Klaviyo Job Seekers