Kleen Test Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Kleen Test Products Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2019

2.4
Kleen Test Products CEO Bruce E Pindyck (no image)
Bruce E Pindyck
  1. "Technician"

I have been working at Kleen Test Products

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits and our cost has not risen over the past couple years

Cons

Lots of walking due to big plant

Advice to Management

Nothing to advise

Kleen Test Products2016-12-12
  2. "Working in the lab"

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist

I have been working at Kleen Test Products full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with, all of the lab personnel are very friendly and easy to get along with. Working in the labs is enjoyable, I don’t mind going to work every day.

Cons

Seems to be a lack of respect for the employees sometimes. KTP puts its values over the values of its employees. Also little to no ability to move up.

Kleen Test Products2019-09-16

"WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Buyer in Port Washington, WI

I worked at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, this company was terrible

Cons

So many cons!!! Let's start out with their so called "safety rules" AKA they're an excuse to discipline people for no real reason. If you walk on the grass, you get written up. If you forget your umbrella for some reason and it's raining and you decide to run to the door so you don't get wet, you get written up. If you scan in 1 min late, you get written up. And that 's just the start. During morning meetings,... it's a daily occurrence for one of the Managers to yell and swear at people, like 5 year old children. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'll say the department I worked in...nothing but back stabbing, nasty individuals. Most of them thrive on throwing co-workers under the bus to make themselves look better but then talk sweet as pie to their faces. There was 2 people in the department who were honest and I really appreciated them, but the remaining were too new to judge or the longer standing employees were as I described above. Finally, I'll say this. You think after all this you can speak to HR about these things....well that's a loss. They don’t back employees up at all. Bottom line, this company is trash and was the biggest mistake I've EVER made!!! Plus the pay and vacation time is terrible. Now that I've changed careers I know how insulting their pay scale actually was. I'd never recommend working there. Run and run fast!!!

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves! You’re a terrible and don’t care about anyone but yourself!

Kleen Test Products2019-08-20

"Don’t waste your time here."

Current Employee - Production in Port Washington, WI

I have been working at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ac. Some good people that wanna do things the right way.

Cons

Place is ran by out of touch President that acts like he is way better than you. Will walk by you without saying hi etc. He acts like everyone should be scared of him. Pay for production people is very low compared to similar jobs out there. Can start at these other jobs for same as would make After 20+ years at kleen test products.Management is way off base. No clue about jobs on the floor and how they are... preformed. All they are worried about is production rates and could care less if your making garabage to be sent out.Turn around on management is horrendous. Turn around on hourly employees is also horrible.They expect you to do multiple job positions now for the same pay as in past. It’s impossible to perform all these jobs but they could care less as its saving them Money on production people and they can overlap office position jobs so they have less to do. It’s really sad to see the company go right down the toilet.

Advice to Management

Advice to the owner would be to replace the current president to see if the company can be turned around. Many of the issues start at the top. Management needs to be more in touch with the production floor and listen to feedback from those employees. The company can’t be ran from behind a computer screen.

Kleen Test Products2019-07-23
  5. "Broken Company. Extremely dysfunctional."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, WI

I worked at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many great people willing to help and go above and beyond for each other. There is potential for the company to be really successful.

Cons

It starts at the top. Leadership rules with a my way or the highway attitude, leading by fear and never complimenting employees when a good job is done. Many people seem unqualified or lack experience for the positions they are in, both on the production floor and in the office / management area. Turnover is outrageously high.

Advice to Management

A total cultural overhaul is needed. Very out of touch with production and the day to day challenges. Inspire the workforce to be better instead of beating them down, you're only making things worse.

Kleen Test Products2019-05-09
  6. "Ok place to work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

I have been working at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast pace work always moving around

Cons

Drive from south milwaukee is was far

Kleen Test Products2019-04-10
  7. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Production Line Worker in Port Washington, WI

I worked at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very clean working environment. Smells good.

Cons

Soo much toxicity! 3rd shift is a joke, half the staff just sit around. Half the temps couldn't even speak English! People are just downright rude and mean. It was hard not to go off on them. This is a pathetic excuse for a business.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings.

Kleen Test Products2019-05-03
  8. "Terrible company to work for"

I worked at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

None at all for this company

Cons

Terrible benefit package High turnover They are too busy watching you on cameras instead of making improvements (i.e. monitoring when salary employees enter the building, etc.) Production is most important to this company which is sad

Advice to Management

They don’t take any advice.

Kleen Test Products2019-04-29
  9. "Medium sized company"

Current Employee - Quality in Port Washington, WI

I have been working at Kleen Test Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Multiple locations. Every day different. Opportunity to learn

Cons

Lots of temps. Can't leave for lunch.

Kleen Test Products2019-02-11

"Terrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, WI

I have been working at Kleen Test Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is easy and it’s not hard to learn since there is no training.

Cons

I wasn’t trained properly and just got thrown into the work. The people there don’t want to train new employees. They hire too many family members and it creates issues with other family members. People there are rude and yell mean things to each other which creates a toxic environment. The employee’s there have no respect for supervisors.

Advice to Management

Have someone to properly train new employee’s. Work on better management.

Kleen Test Products2018-11-30