Kleeneze Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Game Changing Constructiuon Management"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kleeneze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benevolent leadership and dogmatic project management

Cons

Complex projects (if this is not your cup of tea)

Advice to Management

Work with us!

2. "Fun but return is not as good"

Former Employee - SEO in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SEO in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kleeneze part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting a lot of new people, having fun, going out. Being exposed to a variety of products and get them for a lower price for yourself.

Cons

They pushed you to follow the system...but say its our own business. Also they take a large percentage of revenue.

Advice to Management

Give us more percentage of revenue

3. "The smart way to work!"

Current Employee - Independent Distributor in Golspie, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Independent Distributor in Golspie, Scotland (UK)

Pros

The company is just short of 100 years young, British, well founded. We have great staff that bend over backwards to help you. Over 2500 items of stock all with a 30-day money back guarantee with great prices, working locally with the fantastic high quality catalogues and also marketing through social media the world is your oyster. Even with Great Britten leaving Europe, we are about to open up in 10 countries’ over the next 5 years. When you attend local meetings, national conversances or just others working within the company its truly like you are working with friends and family. There is also great ongoing training you are never on your own. A British company, forward thinking and on the move. If you don’t already work with them, join today. You have nothing to lose but everything to gain. They WILL change your life.

Cons

Well Ive sat Well I’ve sat here trying to think of on, but drawn a blank, that’s because there is no down side. However, this is not some get rich quick scheme, this is as small or as large as you want to make it. People forget that this is THERE business, and like any business you WILL earn a living from day one, but need to keep in mind you are building a business, one-year plan, three-year plan, five-year plan and so on. If you think it’s just all going to fall into place and you will become a millionaire overnight you’re not.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, bring on the next 18 months.

4. "The truths about kleeneze"

Former Employee - Distributor in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Distributor in Ipswich, England (UK)

Pros

Choose your own hours, continued support, monthly, quarterly and twice yearly training, meet new friends, recognition for your achievements and sucessess

Cons

Its meant to be your business but certain group leaders push you to "follow the system" even if that system doesn't work for you. Support is withdrawn for not following their system. Thinking outside the box and showing initive that does not comply with their system is frowned upon. Kleeneze used to be a unique company selling products not available on the high street. Now they sell run of the products available where at much cheaper prices.

Advice to Management

Take Kleeneze back to the company it was, selling unique products not available on the high street. There are very little career opportunities in Kleeneze now, no one wants products they can obtain else where much cheaper. A mop in Kleeneze £9.99 the same mop in B&M costs £2.99. I know of at least 5 other catalogues and 3 retailers who all sell the same products at much reduced prices.

5. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Independent Distributor in Halifax, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Independent Distributor in Halifax, England (UK)

I have been working at Kleeneze part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working hours that suit me, I'm my own boss, Fits around the family, Great Incentives and rewards, awesome team of people to work with

Cons

none that i have found

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job

6. "superb bussiness"

Current Employee - Distrubutor in Ashbourne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Distrubutor in Ashbourne, England (UK)

I have been working at Kleeneze full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

meeting lots of people and having fun while earning money, work when you want to work

Cons

only downside is the british weather but at least you can change your days

Advice to Management

make buying the catalogues cheaper

7. "Not what was sold to me"

Former Employee - Manager in Salisbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in Salisbury, England (UK)

I worked at Kleeneze full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extra income. Able to buy cheap for own use

Cons

Lots of effort for little return. Door to Door selling. Limited to small areas because of how many sellers in one area. Training was not given even though was promised the help to get the business started. Not good for people with young families as requires you to be out rain or shine dropping off new books. Expensive to replace old books for new ones.

Advice to Management

Don't sell what you cant give. Ensure that who ever signs up knows what the expectation is and that you may have to pressure sell to people.

8. "Hard work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carnforth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carnforth, England (UK)

Pros

The flexible working hours are beneficial; a lot of choice in how you decide to carry out your distribution.

Cons

The initial period of finding repeat customers requires a lot of work over a long time before the work becomes profitable.

9. "Work at this opportunity, give it time"

Current Employee - Distributor in Llanelli, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Distributor in Llanelli, Wales (UK)

Pros

It cost over £100 to get started but it was worth it in the end. A number of times in my life I have lost my job or had my pay/hours at work cut and this opportunity has been there to fill in the gap.

At worst, I've made £200 in my spare time on top of my job. One November, my pay in my retail job was cut down to £650 a month and I decided it wasn't enough so close to Christmas so I focussed on my Kleeneze job and made £1362 that month, so I tripled my income.

But you have to work at it and give it time. Sometimes you will post 200 catalogues and get £10 of orders and it'll feel like the end of the world but you just have to remind yourself that it's just part of the process and once you've built up your customer base, you can cut out all the households that don't buy and just service the ones that do and it'll only take a fraction of the time.

You can increase your income further by team-building but my retail income was enough to pay off my debts and get myself through university.

Okay, so I never became a millionaire or qualified for any of the overseas conferences but the regular part-time retail income coming in every month has been life changing.

Cons

You do have to put your blinkers on in the early days. You can do catalogue drop after catalogue drop and end up losing lots of catalogues and getting few orders and it can drain you and feel like a massive waste of time. But you have to see the bigger picture and realise it's all part of the process of building up a customer base and once you've found where you're customers are, it's many times easier.

Advice to Management

Maybe concentrate a little more on the retail opportunity. You can make £30/40000 a year without sponsoring a single team member. I think this side of things is undersold.

10. "Kleeneze Representative"

Former Employee - Kleeneze Representative in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Kleeneze Representative in London, England (UK)

Pros

This is a franchise where you are your own boss and how well you do is completely in your hands. The training and support from the other members of the community is amazing and people who do well in this business do REALLY well.

Cons

You need determination and self discipline. It is not a get rich quick scheme and it's a good idea to have a back-up income whilst you are starting out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The energy and enthusiasm really rubs off and the incentives are great.