Kleinfelder Reviews in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

Kleinfelder President and CEO George J. Pierson
George J. Pierson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management does not look out for the people that do the work and make them look good (in 12 reviews)

• The very top tier direct owners always seem to be financially looked out for, but the ESOP has not benefitted rank and file employees for several years (in 5 reviews)

"Positive changes are coming"

Current Employee - Vice President in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Kleinfelder (More than 8 years)

Pros

The firm is about to add a new CEO, which will be the result of a rigorous search and qualification process. I think the Board of Directors, including some stellar outside members, is very strong. The firm is definitely at an inflection point and I believe we are going to emerge from these changes a stronger, more dynamic place to work. One of our best assets is a core of loyal clients who bring us a wide variety of technical challenges.

Cons

There is change fatigue (culture/morale), but I believe many employees have decided to embrace the challenge. Some strong staff members have resigned recently - but those of us who are committed to make it work will help to pull us through this transition.

Advice to Management

Hold the line on non-essential changes to allow the new CEO to be effective.

"Good Place, Good People"

Former Employee - Staff Professional I in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Professional I in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Kleinfelder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are generally pretty nice, engaging, and enjoy working with you. Good events for employees outside work.

Cons

Typical work-life balance with consulting job. 60 hours one week, nothing to do the next. Slow promotions and advancement

Advice to Management

Find more work (which is easier said than done)