Kleinfelder Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Kleinfelder Reviews

Updated May 23, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Kleinfelder President and CEO George J. Pierson
George J. Pierson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work-life balance is always a focus with management (in 10 reviews)

• There are so many great people to work with and so many great projects to work on (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not look out for the people that do the work and make them look good (in 14 reviews)

• This also can be a challenge for work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

1. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your career will go as far as you take it - there are growth opportunities. Also, the company is on a strong trajectory since the change of executive leadership a couple years ago.

Cons

I have enjoyed my time thus far at Kleinfelder.

"Excellent leadership and fiscal management"

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time

Pros

New leadership is focused on responsibility and accountability

Cons

None since the new leadership was put in place

Apr 20, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! It is great to hear your views on current leadership. Information like this is very helpful to those considering opportunities with Kleinfelder... More

"Refined Business Approach with Strong Culture"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The structure of the company is streamlined with strong talent across the board, the culture is positive and there is a strong work ethic, the performance of the company and current trends are making for an exciting time and we seem well positioned in key services and markets, managers seem to be transparent about the operations creating a strong element of connectivity to the business as a whole, there really is a focus on connecting people to the projects that interest them most and help lead to professional growth and career development

Cons

There is not consistent alignment of service offerings across all geographies

Advice to Management

Continue the strong trend of creating a working environment that allows teams to focus on successful delivery, encourage staff at all levels to be a positive force in the branding of the business

Apr 16, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking time share a review! Feedback from employees helps us to continue improving. Thanks!

4. "How sad"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very little unless you are a geotechnical engineer.

Cons

How sad is it that company recruiters mandate current employee's fill out reviews here in order to make the company look decent.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone as part of the team, not just shareholders.

"Great place to work when there is work."

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The projects are interesting and challenging. Most of my teammates are pleasant and professional. If I wasn't assigned to work at our Client's jobsite, I would learn a lot from the intelligent and talented Kleinfelder staff.

Cons

Consulting work is unstable by nature. It is hard to plan and invest for my retirement when the work is not secure.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Apr 30, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for providing Kleinfelder with your feedback and experience as an employee!

"Senior Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people! As a consulting business, the people are the lifeblood of an organization. I have been working at Kleinfelder for many years and have traveled to offices across our global footprint and the one constant is great people. The high caliber personnel that demonstrate a commitment to quality work and client deliver have seemingly endless opportunities.

Cons

The compensation structure including 401k match seem to be at or below industry average although this may be a regional issue. I know the management team is working on incentivizing staff for performance which is a positive development

Advice to Management

Continue on the path of reducing administrative burden on staff and allowing personnel to focus on delivering value to projects and clients.

Apr 9, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

We appreciate you spending a few moments of your time to provide us with feedback and details of your experience working at Kleinfelder! This information is very valuable to us as well as to those... More

"Geotechnical Engineer"

Former Employee - Geotechnical Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Geotechnical Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Kleinfelder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Scenic drive from home to work. You get to act like your going to work every morning, just to find out there's no work.

Cons

Didn't really work, so that was an issue. Got a nice salary on paper, but didn't get enough hours to actually see that pay. Just ended up hemorraging money at the end.
    Don't work here if your in it for money.

Advice to Management

don't hire people if you don't have work. Give everyone work, and not just seniors.

May 11, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time provide a review, we are very sorry to hear you had a less than positive experience working for Kleinfelder. Your feedback is appreciated and it will be shared with the... More

"Excellent Work Environment"

Current Employee - Professional
    Current Employee - Professional

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large Company capability; smaller company feel. Doesn't have the large company bureaucracy.

Management sincerely appreciates employees and "cares about them"

Promotes cross office utilization i.e. no cost center "boundaries". Utilize the best resources on projects regardless of location

Cons

Compensation and benefits are average

Apr 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback regarding company culture. We also appreciate your review of compensation and benefits, this type of info is very helpful to us. Thank you!

"Senior Technicians / Inspector"

Pros

Kleinfelder is an awesome place to work. The company helps you perform you job with all the resources you need. They also promote certifications to help you with your career.

Cons

Some offices don't have enough staff support. They rally need to get good people in the right position to help technical staff.

Mar 21, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Your feedback is very important to us! Thank you for taking a few moments to share this review.

"This is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fishkill, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fishkill, NY

I have been working at Kleinfelder full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are so many great people to work with and so many great projects to work on. The company gives you the tools you need to succeed.
    I have worked here for over a decade, and I have found so many great opportunities around the country. The company has support the moves, wanting the best employees on the best projects.

Cons

A company full of great engineers and scientists don’t always have the best supervisors. If you are just starting your career, reach out beyond your assigned supervisor to find your mentors. Take control of your destiny!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The changes made over the last year+ are making this place even better to work for.
    Continue to look for easy ways for your staff to provide ‘above the line’ feedback.

Feb 19, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is great to hear why you enjoy working for the organization. Your comment regarding mentoring is very important! Thanks for sharing!