Knapp Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 25 reviews

3.2
Knapp CEO Josef Mentzer
Josef Mentzer
  1. "Good Company to work for."

Current Employee - Site Safety Coordinator in Thief River Falls, MN

I have been working at Knapp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly Management, flexible and diverse.

Cons

I have had no negative experience with Knapp

Knapp2019-09-19
  2. "Good Company Need A Lot of Work to Update to Modern Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Knapp full-time

Pros

The salary is good and the work culture is great.

Cons

The company processes are too manual and systems that are currently used are outdated. Professional development is less than desirable.

Knapp2019-08-13

August 23, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review. Knapp appreciates your feedback and will continue to prioritize employee satisfaction. In addition, Knapp is currently implementing several process and system updates, which we hope will provide an exciting, modern ...

"Exciting Place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Knapp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great job for a recent graduate with a desire to travel and see many domestic and international cities. Great Pay well above other entry level CS jobs. Hourly pay but start up technicians work 60+ hours on site and get 1.5x for overtime. Exciting work. I never thought I'd find a job that allows me to deal with networks, programming, robotics, servers, mechanics, and lets me travel the world doing it with minimal... personal expenses.

Cons

It can be stressful at times but it comes in waves. There are times where there is very little going on and you can relax but other times where a customer is going live and you need to work many hours to make sure everything is going well.

Advice to Management

Doing very well. They recognize the growing pains of the company and are hiring as much as possible to plan for the future. Communication with employees is always key which they are doing fairly well at. A more structured training plan would be nice. It is sometimes difficult to learn with much of the documentation in German. A lot of it has been translated though however there is still a moderate language barrier... to overcome. Once there are more US technicians I expect this will become easier for new hires.

Knapp2018-10-20

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We have noted your concerns about the training procedures and are actively working to improve this process. Thank you for your patience and your optimism as we grow- our success is a team effort, a team we truly embrace.

4. "Caring, accommodating company!"

I have been working at Knapp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Knapp cares about employees' professional and personal lives. There have been countless situations where Knapp has been flexible to accomodate family needs, furthering education, health related issues, and requests to transition to another role. If you have a challenge, you can count on Knapp to work with you as long as you are committed to being part of the solution. Knapp has made many recent improvements in... how it receives feedback from employees and how it reacts to challenges.

Cons

The quality of Management is not always consistent throughout the company as this is a work in progress. There are still some departments or areas where employees feel they do not have opportunities for assistance or growth.

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving and growing toward the goal of consistency in support of the entire employee base and keep asking for feedback from employees and listening to the responses.

Knapp2018-09-27

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your honesty and know that communication and consistency are the keys to success.

5. "Experience and cultural fit is priority #1. The success being achieved today is largely attributed to that."

I have been working at Knapp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of new blood. See a great balance of experience and those fresh out of school with a real desire to learn. Everyone has a lot of fun here, but know how to go to work when it’s time. There is a real desire to keep the family feel even with explosive growth occurring. Will not compromise the feel of the organization for experience on a resume alone. Project management has a plan and the recent round of new... hires look very promising and brings great experience and value to the global organization. Services is evolving and organizationally building a structure that will support the explosive resident maintenance and remote support growth.

Cons

Some longer term employees are slow to change with the times, but are starting to come around. Heath insurance is great for individuals. Need a little more work with family, but signs are the leadership is listening.

Advice to Management

Build a deeper bench in middle management. Delegate so you can better focus on organizational readiness and build up the business for not only the first project but the next one. After we outgrow the new building open a second office closer to downtown to increase access to more tallent.

Knapp2018-07-20

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are proud of our rapid expansion and are glad you are, too! We are only able to grow because our team works so hard- thank you for being a part of our success!

"Misleading Reviews"

I worked at Knapp full-time

Pros

A paycheck Decent Coffee Outside smoking section

Cons

Erratic management that is known for verbal abuse and occasionally throwing things other than tantrums.

Advice to Management

If you look under rating trends here on Glassdoor you'll notice a recent serge in VERY well written reviews. HR and one of the VP's have people ghostwriting flattering reviews. This company is nothing more than an Austrian shell company to funnel money back to Austria.

Knapp2018-08-01

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your honesty. We are actively working to improve our work environment for the betterment of all. We wish you the best in your current and future endeavors.

7. "Major player in MHE with growing pains"

I have been working at Knapp full-time

Pros

Leader in shuttle technology, innovative product/technology offering. Hundreds of successful project references. Work is very interesting. Experienced top management provides good project leadership. Collaborative office environment! KNAPP just purchased an office & warehouse building next door which is exciting! Austrian Fridays - get out at noon!

Cons

Health insurance could be a lot better. Punch in/punch out seems outdated! I hope the new office has access cards!

Knapp2017-08-15

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We can grow only due to the work hard, dedication and success of our wonderful employees- thank you for being one of them!

8. "A Great Place to Work, not enough Credit!"

I have been working at Knapp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Knapp cares about you and family!

Cons

I would not call them downsides, I call them challenges and all challenges can be overcomed.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees, they are the most important in the organization. Be open to changes and new possibilities. Step by Step, Little by Little.

Knapp2017-07-20

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your optimism and we must agree! We are actively working to improve our policies, procedures and overall work environment for each of our employees. Thanks for sticking with us and sharing your thoughts!

"Overall great, laid back place to work with friendly coworkers."

I have been working at Knapp full-time

Pros

For the most part the atmosphere is laid back and everyone is nice. They try to do several company activities throughout the year to improve moral and show employees that we are appreciated. Getting off at lunch on Fridays (after reaching 40 hours for the week) is a big perk. By 3 on Friday there's really no one left. Very flexible with hours/time off.

Cons

It seems they prefer Austrian or at the very least German speaking employees when it comes to promotion. They seems to be promoted over more senior peers because of the constant communication with Austria. This seems unfair and there have been several people leave because of this. Also, the amount of work per employee seems very heavy. They are willing to add more people to certain departments over others that... desperately need it.

Knapp2017-07-17

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We truly pride ourselves on the laid back atmosphere, and glad you enjoy it, too! We are adding to our staff every week and are working to improve the work balance for everyone. Thank you for your honesty, your concerns are certainly being addressed.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Knapp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company, vision for the future, good employee engagent

Cons

Not that can think of, except more PTO would be nice!

Advice to Management

Keep doing it!

Knapp2017-07-10

February 12, 2019Marketing and Tradeshow Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive feedback and are only working to be a better company each and every day!

Found 25 reviews