Knife River "great company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Knife River Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Mar 15, 2018

3.8
Knife River CEO Dave Barney
Dave Barney
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Great people, good pay, excellent benefits including 3% 401K match, and annual profit sharing(in 6 reviews)

• "I am very proud to work for such a great company where even the president treats you like his equal(in 5 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Knife River full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Company. This is the best job that i have every had.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Knife River2018-03-15
  2. "Knife River is the best place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Accounting Clerk in Bryan, TX

I have been working at Knife River full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for Knife River has been the best experience I have ever had. You always dream of that perfect job with the perfect atmosphere and co-workers. Well, I have found all of that here and so much more! everyone is kind and caring and they all stick to the ethics of doing business correctly and honorably. I am very proud to work for such a great company where even the president treats you like his equal!

Cons

There are no cons working for this company! great benefits, great people, and challenging work!

Advice to Management

Management does a great job at hiring people who work well together! this is a huge deal for any company! keep up the good work!

Knife River2018-03-14
  3. "Concrete finisher"

I worked at Knife River full-time

Pros

Great management, great company, great pay. Lloyd Dosch and Toby Jenner were very good at training me into the concrete industry

Cons

The summer hours got really long working 70-80 hours

Advice to Management

Try to be patient with the new boys

Knife River2017-09-30
  4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Justa Worker in Williston, ND

I worked at Knife River full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great company with great people. We had a shared goal to make it a success in a new operation. Some of the best people I've ever worked with. Very good benefits. Enjoyed my time there. Have man friends from the experience.

Cons

Pretty hard to have a work life balance. Work is demanding of your time due to the short working season.

Advice to Management

Keep on going strong, Thanks for being aware of the needs of the people, and doing what you can for them.

Knife River2016-05-21
  5. "Good Company"

Paving/Grading Laborer in Tangent, OR

I worked at Knife River

Pros

If you want to make money as a hourly employee, this is a great company. The pay scale is very bottom heavy. It takes a few promotions to make as much as you would as an hourly employee. If you work hard and are competant, there will be opportunity for you to advance. The company is increasingly concerned about safety which is a good thing.

Cons

like many other companies in the industry, somehow a few idiots have managed to be promoted to a point of incompetency. Summers will be very long hours and little chance of getting time off.

Advice to Management

Affirm the blue collar guys often. If they feel appreciated, they will work harder.

Knife River2009-12-12