Knight Frank Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

2.7
Knight Frank Senior Partner & Group Chairman Alistair Elliott
Alistair Elliott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • An incredible company to work for, the support is excellent and there is a real focus on work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Lovely place to work, with very nice people and nice work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • t particularly appreciated, you end up getting more work to do with little to no thanks (in 3 reviews)

• Management doesnt provide career progression (in 4 reviews)

"Good for the name on your CV but that is it."

Former Employee - Partner in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Partner in London, England (UK)

I worked at Knight Frank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Intentions, good company benefits (discount at pretty much every gym, all phone networks, health insurance etc.). Good reputation and they have good intentions.

Cons

Poor leadership. Even as a partner, I had limited power in making real positive change within the company; too many chefs and all that.
    The pension sucks.
    There are some department heads that are loathe to reward good team members, some actively promote HR intervention on just about anyone just to keep people in line instead of using more positive incentives.
    There is a huge duplication of department resources leading to confusion, obstruction and some departments working against each other within the same company.
    The pay is beyond terrible but you suffer it because its the sort of company that you want on your CV.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the ground, they want to make a positive change and whilst the suggestions cannot always be implemented, at least acknowledge that they are valid concerns and suggestions.

2. "Great people and family feel, poor development opportunities"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at Knight Frank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people make the company and good work/life balance generally

Cons

Poor development opportunities particularly for non fee-earners

"Admin not marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I worked at Knight Frank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some really great people, some good events are held, the learning and development offered is great and there are some senior stakeholders who really understand what the marketing team are trying to do.

Cons

Marketing is treated like admin and hard work isn’t particularly appreciated, you end up getting more work to do with little to no thanks.

Takes far too long to get anything signed off yet everything that comes in is “urgent”.

Advice to Management

Invest in your studio more, you need double, if not triple the amount of creatives you have.

Address the difference between fee earner and non fee earner as it leaves an “us and them” feel when really we all work just as hard as each other (except we don’t slip off to the pub for hours and not come back).

4. "Avoid..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Knight Frank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great to have on your CV

Cons

HR action is used frequently to make up for poor leadership, low pay and poor pension, those that aren’t fee earners or Partners aren’t valued or appreciated

Advice to Management

Review how team members are treated, especially those employed through the various subsidiaries.

"Bullying culture no place for a marketing expert"

I worked at Knight Frank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lovely colleagues in the Business Services department, nice offices and good location

Cons

Culture of bullying that comes from Senior Management Team to the head of department. There's no respect for anyone in Marketing, new ideas and suggestions are not welcome. A very JFDI attitude to marketing. Avoid at all costs if you are a marketing professional who values your career progression and your health!

Advice to Management

I would review the turnover of staff in the marketing department and ask yourselves why this is happening - it's quite obvious if you even wanted to give it any thought or consideration.

Dec 19, 2017 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very sorry that you felt this way. We are absolutely committed to employee wellbeing and happiness and always deal with any... More

6. "Very"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Knight Frank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Easy-going and friendly
    - Good location
    - Multicultural
    - Good career opportunities if you're patient

Cons

- Too formal
    - Bureaucratic as most big companies are

"Appalling management"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Knight Frank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were absolutely lovely and a pleasure to work with but sadly, one by one, most had left by the time I left.

Cons

My department head was a particularly toxic presence for her staff and the performance of the wider team. She preached unfairness, gossiped about and bullied her staff. She gained a reputation of victimising people and their jobs out of boredom because she enjoyed being feared and liked to maintain that reputation. People she promoted into higher positions had questionable talent or values and allowed them to enjoy exclusivity into her snobbish club which came with exaggerated job authority. Unfortunately, lots of people in the department had left because of her without the company doing anything about it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and do something about bad managers. A good manager works to inspire and develop staff, not bully them.

Dec 19, 2017 – Lead Recruiter

"Great"

Former Employee - Office Manager/PA in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Office Manager/PA in London, England (UK)

Pros

A great company to work for, with training always available. There is a good support network and everyone will always help a colleague. Good salary and bonuses.

Cons

Can sometimes be very snobby. Organising / finding Saturday staff can be difficult.

"Ride with greed, sexism and misogyny"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Knight Frank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were lovely and the only thing that kept me going in every day (most of whom have now left)

Cons

A greedy culture with no thought for community or the wellness of staff. Partners can do and say what they like with no comeback. A boys club with old rich men at the top who have no qualms in shouting at you during meetings or making sexist comments or jokes that shouldn't be told in the workplace. My particular department head was a snobbish bully who favours those who carry a Chanel bag and wear the right designer clothes. Honestly, if you have any morals and value your self worth don't work here. It's all about money and there's more to life than that. To witness first hand the attitude of some of these privately schooled men in very privileged positions was sickening.

Advice to Management

Seriously look at the behaviour of those in senior positions. Some of the behaviour is disgraceful and something I hope never to experience again in a place of work.

Sep 26, 2017 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel this way. We have a fully dedicated Respect, Diversity and Inclusion programme which has been instigated to ensure that diversity is a priority.

10. "FM residential & commercial"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Knight Frank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

professional, experienced & knowledgeable workforce. Support & development opportunities. pay well and good bonus

Cons

Clear divide between departments for the majority. Business Heads may occasionally interact with other senior management but there seems to be few opportunities to network, whether it be professional or social.