Find jobs for Operations Manager

Updated Oct 7, 2021

Found 8 of over 498 reviews

Knight Transportation Chief Executive Officer and President David A. Jackson
David A. Jackson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Knight Transportation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jul 26, 2016 - Transportation/Operations Logistics Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family atmosphere, team camaraderie makes it enjoyable to come to work every day, company vision from upper management supports continued growth for years to come. Proud to call Knight Transportation home.

Cons

Dynamic of asset/non-asset presents challenging situations but overall a great experience.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Got alot of different experiences

Oct 7, 2021 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, opportunities to learn about different departments

Cons

People don't work together as a team and some have to carry more weight than others in the same position

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Possibilities Are Endless!!

Jun 6, 2016 - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are more promotional opportunities here than anywhere I've worked. They will even let you explore different departments in the company, if you think you'd be happier. The culture is very laid back, but everyone is hungry for success. It makes for strong comradery! Management is extremely understanding of home life obstacles, as long as you put in your best effort. It really feels like a family!

Cons

Trucking is a 24/7 industry!

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Senior Operations Manager

Dec 14, 2015 - Senior Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company to work for, Good benefits, Family oriented, Open doorh policy, excellent team atmosphere, opportunity for rapid advancement. Would still be there if they weren't making cuts.

Cons

Very fast paced and stressful, long hours 60-70 per week at busy times, short handed at times, too much moving around in between jobs and could be a bit more organized.

5. 4.0

Operations Manager

Jun 20, 2016 - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with in the office and in the field. Everyone in the Dallas office is amazing to work with.

Cons

A lot of overview from upper management that snakes it hard to do the job that we were hired for.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Operations manager

Jul 8, 2017 - Operations Manager in Plainfield, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good to their employees , top management knows how to make money

Cons

Has to work Saturday and Sunday on a 3-4 week rotation

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

okay

May 5, 2010 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

young people to work with, relaxed environment, being challenged to work in a high paced transportation company that excels in the market, good chance for advancement

Cons

long hours and little flexibility with working weekends, performance pay is very low and bonus is not given when promised

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Think Carefully About This Industry

Feb 17, 2011 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with in middle management were cool. Respect for the truck driver...I was not always the most friendly dispatcher in the world nor did I always say the nicest things, but now that I reflect upon this period in my life I understand the hardships drivers go through and just how important their role in our society is...although I will never return to this industry, forever endeared to my heart are those drivers I worked with and an experience I will never forget.

Cons

The pay sucked, the stress level was high, the rewards were minimal, opportunity for real professional advancement was terrible, there was a lot of hypocrisy, and there was a culture of incompetence. For college graduates considering a career in trucking logistics be very careful, unless your degree limits you to this field I would recommend looking at an entirely different industry. What you will find is that you will be expected to work every 3rd weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) as well as most holidays. You will also find yourself working an average of 11 hours per day 5 days a week and the pay just is not worth it. This industry also does not translate well into other industries if you decide to try your hand at something else, so for most that start in this industry most will also finish in it. This is why I say to be very careful about choosing this industry and if you're already in it, get out while you're still young. Trust me. And to all the drivers, yes you're getting screwed. There is always pressure not to pay you your layover, extra drop pays, driver loads/unloads, etc unless you complain. In fact we were told explicitly to do just that, so you got to speak up!

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews