Knoll "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Knoll Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 4 Oct 2019

3.7
Knoll CEO Andrew B. Cogan
Andrew B. Cogan
Pros
  • "Great people & products, committed teams and culture(in 11 reviews)

• "A dynamic company that continues to provide great products and support to the entire company(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "They Invest in You."

Current Employee - Architecture and & Design Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Knoll full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

World-Class Development Opportunities, access to a highly passionate leadership and sales team, meaningful work opportunities and experiences, a place where you can build a lifetime career and they listen to your aspirations for the culture. Flexibility. Brand awareness is paramount. Knoll consistently launches research and products you can put your reputation on the line for!

Cons

Work Life Balance and ample resources.

Advice to Management

Advice: Keep investing in retaining your top talent, with resources, recognition, and compensation people want to stay for.

Knoll2016-05-23
  2. "Have good work life balance"

Current Employee - IT Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Knoll full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Have good work life balance

Cons

Career growth there is less scope

Knoll2019-10-04
  3. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Director in East Greenville, PA

I have been working at Knoll full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great products and people. Leadership encourages a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Can get very busy at times

Knoll2018-09-24
  4. "A Great can place to be part of a family"

IT Manager in East Greenville, PA

I have been working at Knoll

Pros

I have only been with Knoll for 4 months now but there are many things that set this organization apart from others: The family like atmosphere- Knoll feels and acts like a more traditional company in many ways, Turkeys are given out at Thnksgiving, many paid holidays, most people have long time employment histories here. It's evolving - while I am only 4 months new I can see many changes occurring from a t... chnology aspect which are creating a more nimble and agile organization. There are a few growing pains but in general are welcomed with a smile. Management cares- Management appears to care about its staff and there ability to do well. I have experienced many different managers in my careers and can say that management always tries to do the right thing, especially around family matters and work life balance. Improved incentives- in the short period of time I see many improvements in regard to upcoming and newly created methods to compensate its staff.

Cons

Just like the Pros, some of the Cons are related to being a large traditional company. As large as Knoll is, I feel that it also feels small at times and suffers a bit from the "way we do things here" syndrome. This however is changing in many areas so as a Con, I see this eventually changing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improvements around employee incentives and work life balance. While there is much process improvement in place or being implemented, more policy and procedure and more formalized training will benefit the whole company.

Knoll2017-01-11
  5. "Project Manager"

I worked at Knoll full-time

Pros

Company Promoted Work life Balance

Cons

Prefer not to disclose any information on Cons

Knoll2016-12-13
  6. "More pros than cons"

I have been working at Knoll full-time for more than a year

Pros

Direct Manager in my region is great + DVP. The office environment is top notch. You can make your job your own, there are few set rules of "how" you should do your job.

Cons

The variance in benefits is disappointing. Slow to update employees of changes. Too many responsibilities fall to a specific person in each group, squeezes work-life balance.

Knoll2016-11-22
  7. "Sales"

in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Knoll

Pros

The opportunity to work on big name projects and be exposed the key players within the A&D community. The design appeal is there.

Cons

There is no work-life balance. Everyone is clearly overworked, and because each office/showroom's primary focus is sales, long hours are required to put in a RFP to HOPEFULLY close a sale. The company is older in origin, and there processes and procedures reflect that.

Knoll2015-08-10

"Inventory Dispatcher"

Current Employee - Inventory Dispatcher in East Greenville, PA

I have been working at Knoll full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance, Decent pay and benefits, Good co-workers, Opportunity for growth

Cons

Lack of consistent work procedures across departments and facilities, often resulting in unnecessary work and stress.

Advice to Management

Invest in employee training and mentorship.

Knoll2015-07-06

"Could Be So Much More"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Greenville, PA

I worked at Knoll full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great product design and some great people. Usually pay more than comparable companies in the area, but money isn't everything. No support to do your job properly...in every department.

Cons

Upper management is only concerned about themselves. Work life balance? Forget about it...they don't practice what they preach. How about changing the office furniture (you know, the stuff you make all day long) more than once every 10 years.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to save your way into profitability and put money back into the company and your people.

Knoll2014-06-24