KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Knotch Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2022

Found 25 of over 27 reviews

4.5
Knotch CEO and Co-Founder Anda Gansca (no image)
Anda Gansca

313 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Knotch is an awesome place to be!

Nov 26, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Knotch offers an excellent work life balance, health and wellness benefits, perks, open door policy, cross functional collaboration, and a competitive salary. We're a world class leader in A.I., Big Data and Content Intelligence in the B2B Marketing technology space and we're here to stay. Knotch is also diverse. We're a "band of misfits" as Anda Gansca our CEO and co-founder would put it and she made it our top priority to put people first day 1 and we do always. We challenge the industry status-quo every day by asking ourselves "How can we improve?" then we work together in open forum to solve. Our 4 core values: Transparency, Inclusiveness, Resourcefulness and Relentlessness really speaks to the spirit of who we are independently and as an organization. Our mission is to give everyone, brands and consumers, a voice online and we've been making great strides towards that end as well. We're more than a company, we're a family.

Cons

While we're extremely happy about who we are as a company, we're always looking to expand in the area of Diversity. We would like it if more diverse candidates, especially those working in IT, came to work for us. We're growing fast and currently have a number of opportunities in the data engineering, front end engineering and software engineering spaces and we're hoping to add more today.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

frustrating environment due to deeper challenges than just "growing pains" ...would look elsewhere for career growth

Nov 5, 2021 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

solid mid level management at the VP level with ability to apply bandaids to weak strategy and keep moral somewhat status quo amongst the troops - they really are good humans too at that level. Remote first! The HR/People team are trying, but at times caught between a rock and a hard place.

Cons

like any company, just beware and make a smart decision before joining… so you don’t regret it. here are some things you may find at knotch: -it is arguable that they have a weak business strategy -some might say product isn’t value adding and struggling to find product market fit -It could be debated that leadership failed to learn from past mistakes -you may hear talk about, "...how the culture used to be..." -founders may be perceived as narcissistic. lot's of the use of the words "I" and "me" when they talk.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Awesome Place

Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team and culture - Interesting product - Amazing office

Cons

- Relatively slow growth - Some lack of follow trough

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work culture

Apr 26, 2021 - Backend Engineer II in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work environment, opportunities to take on responsibility

Cons

Less structured, need to be able to solve problems as they come

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excited for what is to come!

Oct 15, 2020 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

A maturing vision for the product which will be disruptive. Great people. Growing. Open, diverse, inclusive to the max! Incredible brand recognition amongst leading CMOs and marketing leaders at Fortune 1000 companies. Benefits are competitive and always being added to.

Cons

Not a con, but an element of all startups.... is that finding where to focus can be challenging, esp. with many stakeholders. No company is immune to this - but it is all about how leadership manages it. At Knotch, because of the growth opportunity in front of us the things we could focus on our endless. In the short time I've been here I've already noticed more attention being given to how we focus, which is promising.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Leaders Invest In Their Talent and Future

Nov 19, 2019 - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) A strong B2B Product-Market Fit with clear direction from leadership. I have strong faith in Knotch's future. 2) Countless opportunities to prove your value and get rewarded and recognized for your contributions, including promotions 3) Constant learning on the job and a framework for you to apply those learnings 4) Fast-paced environment that provides us numerous ways to make an impact 5) Best Benefits + Perks program I've ever had: monthly stipends, great insurance, daily lunch, unlimited PTO etc. 6) We've started to invest in building a diverse and inclusive workforce and culture 7) Leadership is very understanding of work/life balance

Cons

1) Base compensation is fair, but not as competitive as other companies (perks make up for some of that) 2) At times, slow to deal with and solve difficult situations, especially organizationally 3) Communication process from leadership can always improve, and I've seen it dramatically improve over 2 years

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Losing its way

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really great individual contributors

Cons

Misguided Leadership and a group of individuals

8. 5.0

Transparent, Growing Company w/ Amazing Benefits and Culture

Dec 9, 2019 - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Transparent about goals, roadmap, mission/vision, and finances + Leadership cares and is very approachable + Hiring in the areas where support is needed + Opportunity to grow and take on new responsibilities + Ability to make an impact + Culture that embraces change and works together towards common goal + Company offsite and internal events allow employees to get to know each other + Amazing benefits (Unlimited PTO, WFH flexibility, and high contribution to healthcare)

Cons

- Tend to set lofty goals that we are not always able to meet, which can impact the team morale from time to time - Stress can mount at certain points in the quarter/year - Change comes often (as with many startups) which can be challenging when trying to build process

Knotch Response

Talent Acquisition Lead

We're happy to hear that you appreciate how Knotch exudes transparency, that's one of our values! It seems like you also appreciate the culture here and how in tune our leaders are with the team. At a growing company of 50+ people, you'll experience shifting priorities and associated stressors. We feel it too. How we deal with it as a team depends entirely upon how we listen to our employees, like you. Managers or People Team will always lend an ear. We're building a culture of feedback. The onus is on Knotch to execute on that feedback to make your work life the best it can be.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rapidly growing company with great values and a focus on it’s people.

Dec 23, 2019 - Site Reliability Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good people w/ genuine care for the work & each other - Well designed office & branding (cool company merch) - Great office location - Flexible WFH - Unlimited PTO (within reason + has to be scheduled obviously to minimize any potential negative impact) - Very down to earth, accessible, and genuine management all the way to the executive team - Daily lunch stipend - Paid commuters benefit (cost of unlimited metrocard) - Regular creative & fun team building events - Company off-sites - Relevant and modern tech stack/infrastructure - Good sense of humor across the org - A nice focus on employee health & wellness programs - The bathrooms are extremely private and well maintained (as is the rest of the office) - Professional learning & development budget to attend conferences, take courses, etc. And on & on I could list things. It really is a wonderful place to work.

Cons

- Base salary isn’t necessarily competitive with market rate - it’s not far off and all the benefits such as the daily lunch stipend do help recover some of it. - Open floor plan can be loud but everyone has an open floor plan these days sadly. - A certain degree of disorganization, this has improved since I started and may be more of a symptom of rapid growth than anything else. It’s not severe, but you may find yourself unsure at times but if you do your due diligence, start asking questions, etc you’ll get the help you need.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid place to work

Dec 9, 2019 - Full Stack Developer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Standard start up perks: can bring your dog in, snacks, unlimited pto, relaxed dress code lunch stipend bathroom has full doors to toilets not stalls everyone is nice and gets along. it's a company largely devoid of ego. a lot of group events outside of work quarterly QBR meetings and weekly all hands meetings give all employees a lot of knowledge of what is happening elsewhere in the company

Cons

standard open office floor plan which while very popular can suck as it can get loud. united healthcare sucks

Knotch Response

Talent Acquisition Lead

We're so glad to hear that you're happy to work here! In response to your note on UHC, we hear you. Knotch currently offers 4 different medical plans under United Healthcare, and though they have a large network in NYC, we understand that there are limitations. You can always ask the People Team for help navigating your UHC benefits: FSA, HSA option, Healthy Perks/Discounts. We also have Dental (MetLife) insurance, Vision (Aetna) insurance, and a OneMedical plan that's great for quick access and teledoctor visits!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews

Knotch Reviews FAQs

82% of Knotch employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Knotch 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Knotch to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, workplace.

Popular Careers with Knotch Job Seekers