KnowledgeLake Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Bernie Schweiss

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Straight forward, small company, great benefits"

Pros

Benefits, inexpensive city, nice people, accessible managers

Cons

None that I know of

"I great company with great opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KnowledgeLake full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KnowledgeLake is a meritocracy...plain and simple. Do good work, get recognized and rewarded. I think the right workers thrive in environments like this and that's what makes KnowledgeLake a great place to grow a career. There is a high-energy buzz when you come to work, with nice perks, fun employee events and meetings and a positive work atmosphere.

Cons

For those who aren't used to, or aren't cut out for a high-performance culture, it can be tough to get traction.

Advice to Management

The executive team continues to open up and be more transparent. I urge them to continue to build that visibility for the teams. Overall, direction is clear and

3. "Sales"

I have been working at KnowledgeLake full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has turned the corner! New products are being released! Great Engineering team that can get stuff done! Professional Services is now focusing on Microsoft Consulting as well as the KnowledgeLake stack.

Cons

Everyone is wearing multiple hats and doing several jobs. If you just want to punch the time clock and go home, probably not the right place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop new products and service offerings that address today's "Cloud First" market. Focus on products that deliver value to the customers more quickly.

4. "Client Success Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at KnowledgeLake full-time

Pros

- Strong Product and Service Offerings
    - Stellar Training with a knowledgeable and engaging Corporate Trainer
    - Senior Leadership has 'big picture orientation' and are 'forward thinking'
    - Management truly cares about the customer experience (goal is to delight our customers)
    - Celebrate successes
    - Excellent Health Benefits (huge perk)
    - Open door policy
    - For me, hours provided good work life balance
    - Market leaders with strong technology products in their portfolio and in the pipeline
    - Embraces diversity
    - Departments, Teams, Management and Leadership are highly motivated
    - Positive energy
    - CEO keeps staff updated with 'State of the Company' bi weekly 'all office stand up meetings (15 minutes meetings) calling out successes, new product info and other new news.
    - Since this is such a state of the art, strong technology focused organization, having a background in technology, systems/computers would be a plus. However, if you do not have this background (which I didn't) this is not a deal breaker...because KL has a stellar new hire onboarding program that will help those new to KL understand their product portfolio.

Cons

There are no overarching cons

Advice to Management

Continue the great work you're doing with providing stellar products and service offerings, state of the art technology and your ongoing focus on creating a strong, positive KL experience for KL clients and customers.

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Student Worker in Nankai, Tianjin (China)
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Nankai, Tianjin (China)

I worked at KnowledgeLake (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a new member of his team. He was very patient. Also, he gave me a lot help when I applied for university in America to pursue a master degree.

Cons

He is a really busy guy. So he may not show up at the meeting some time. He assigned the work to us through email at most time. So I think it may be a little less efficient.

Advice to Management

Actually I have only been a member of his team for two months. During this period, I think he is a very nice guy. So I have no advice.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KnowledgeLake full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, fun culture, great leadership, creative environment, good employees, very knowledgeable.

Cons

Small company so things can change quite rapidly. Industry also shifts very rapidly and reliant on Microsoft Technologies which often change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "KnowledgeLake Review"

I have been working at KnowledgeLake full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefit, always chase latest technique, lots of opportunities to learn new things, energetic colleagues. nice office

Cons

working time not flexible enough, occasionally overtime,

8. "Fantastic place to work."

Pros

Family environment, great PTO and very flexible for family, wealth of SharePoint oriented knowledge to learn. There are plenty of opportunities if you have the knowledge/experience and perseverance.

Cons

Training is a little weak but your co-workers will make up for it. Department structure needs work to be successful. As sick as it is to say, it is almost too relaxed.

Advice to Management

Force senior employees to act as middle managers at least to provide a little structure and team work.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - SharePoint Developer Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - SharePoint Developer Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KnowledgeLake full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company and co-workers are focused on their job. Healthcare is pretty good, and covers most normal procedures. 401k matching program, is decent.

Cons

Culture has been on the downfall since KnowledgeLake was bought buy a large corporation. Only one of the four founding fathers remain working at KnowledgeLake.

Advice to Management

Find a way to bring back the culture that made this company fantastic!

10. "Working for KnowledgeLake expands awareness of the Microsoft SharePoint ecosystem and what the platform can provide."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Great company with great technology with a unique solution for the Microsoft SharePoint market . Great atmosphere to work in. The KnowledgeLake solutions truly help many organizations leverage the SharePoint platform for what it was originally intended for...collaboration on corporate assets and information.

Cons

Company needs to focus more on product quality and simplifying deployment of the solution. Too many unhappy customers due to the headaches that come from the installation and configuration process.

Advice to Management

Focus on customer satisfaction by ensuring that the products are free from defects and work as advertised. Be a product company first and a services company second...as opposed to the inverse.