Knowledgent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Peter Gibson and Shail Jain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Its very exciting to work in the big data space (in 23 reviews)

• I have worked on some real cutting edge projects in the data and analytics space and the business seems to be doing well (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 7 reviews)

• Employees with highly valuable skills are let go because sales people messed up or a project is taking longer than expected to start (in 8 reviews)

"A Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Knowledgent for 4 years and had come from a Fortune 500 company.
    At Knowledgent I've had the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of challenging projects and experiences. This has allowed me not only to grow my background but also depth of understanding in areas that are cutting edge. Ive also benefited from 2 experienced mentors that have taken a keen interest in my development and enhanced my work experince. As a result, for the first time in my career I'm growing not only technical capabilities but in confidence as well.

Cons

As a consultant at client sites, I would like to have more opportunities to meet people in the company working on other projects.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in education for consultants.

2. "Worked for 5 years"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic environment. Self learning is great. Get to learn new technologies

Cons

Like in any consulting, you may not get a choice of projects you want to be on. Billing is the key and hence you get assigned to one you may not like or fit in 100%. It is the nature of the beast I guess

"Tough Place but interesting work"

I worked at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

If you're lucky you'll learn to be a good consultant, get to work with amazing people on interesting projects, and get more responsibility.

Cons

If you're unlucky you'll get stuck on bad projects, work with people who don't know what they're doing, and be miserable.

Advice to Management

Be more picky in recruiting and invest in who you bring aboard.

"My Knowledgent"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

I am a partner at Knowledgent and have been an employee since the early days of the firm . During that time I have seen myself and our firm grow substantially over that period. While we are not a perfect company, we do have great employees and a strong culture of teamwork and high performance.

I am disappointed to see that so many on Glassdoor and other social media forums choose to use these platforms to convey such negative feelings about companies and individuals who they likely don't know as people nor spent the time talking with them in the same manner they feel "entitled" to be spoken to.

We, like many companies, encourage strong performance and communication. If an employee or former employee of ours feels wronged in some way, we want to understand that and will take the appropriate action. It's unfortunate that "anonymous" posts with serious accusations take on a life of their own and many times without merit or credibility.

We have built a company we are proud of and have dedicated much of our professional lives to. Your "creative" choice of words and provocative review titles cause harm to those of us that work here and make a living in this industry. We also have families!!

Knowledgent is a great place to work and be challenged. I would encourage those professionals looking for that challenge to approach Knowledgent with confidence and interest in furthering their skills and their professional opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight

"As a female employee working for Knowledgent - Awesome place to work - Equal opportunities and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility for work/life balance - as a female, working mother, the company and the leadership team helps promote career and ambition with managing lifestyle, health and family.
    Invest in highly qualified talented individuals (both male and female!!!) As a female I can attest to this comment!
    Highly driven energetic leadership team - Flat organization - accessible senior management/leadership
    Smart, dynamic company with motivated colleagues
    Great fair and equal opportunities (especially if you seek them out!!!)
    Industry leaders - Best at what we do!

Cons

internal communication could improve - fast pace organization sometimes lacks the communication needed to employees in a consistent manner - but I have seen great improvements on this by senior management.
    need to expand office space - growth has limited working space (which I guess is really a good thing)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As a female working for Knowledgent, I find the company extremely fair, balanced and an equally opportunity employer.

"Good Salary and Benefits but less job security"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

Good Salary,Benefits,If you have strong technical experience you are welcomed

Cons

less job security but otherwise good

Advice to Management

Job Stability

"THE BEST SMALL-COMPANY IN NY/NJ FOR A DATA GEEK!"

Current Employee - Informationist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Informationist in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been in the consulting business for a long time and have seen many firms that try to be differentiated and on the cutting edge. At first, I was skeptical of their aspirations to be consulting firm solely dedicated to data and analytics, I thought at some point the bravado will wear out and they will go back to being a general purpose firm like many others. But, to their credit, the top management stuck to their guns and have now become the leading firm in the space keeping pace with big data, cloud and now machine learning and RPA. As far as the work culture goes, it is pretty flat, open, respectful and collaborative. If you are good at what you do, love data and or analytics and want to work with other really ( I mean really) sharp data professionals, I don't think you are going to find a better firm in the NY/NJ area that still has a small company feel. This is especially true if you work in the life sciences or financial industries as they specialize in those verticals.

Cons

Travel - sometimes you get on a project that's remote and the client does not allow you to work from the lab or home. Also, no 401K and not much in the way of career counseling.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and ignore the unfair reviews on this site by people who couldn't make it or just were a bad fit unfortunately. Also, think about unlimited vacations.

"Data scientist"

I worked at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

innovative for health sciences industries

Cons

Every man for himself culture

Advice to Management

Create programs for on boarding / inclusion and diversity

"So far so good!"

Current Employee - Informationist
    Current Employee - Informationist

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers a 3 month heavy duty training program called Fast Track that is both challenging and exciting to be a part of. Experienced instructors are well versed in current technologies and most importantly treat the students as peers. Projects range from strategy to hard core implementation and are typically managed by project managers with real big data experience and experience using project methodologies such as Agile. Casual environment allows for easy communication opportunities with the senior team members. Doors are always open.

Cons

Contrary to some other reviews, there isn't much to report here except maybe expansion of the office to support the growth. Not sure that's a con.

Advice to Management

Keep the new and exciting projects coming! And thanks for the opportunity!

"An honest review"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

Decent starting salary.

The office culture is relaxed, since more college graduates are joining each year.

Opportunity to travel to clients.

Free bagels and pizza on Fridays.

Cons

You may be forced onto a project where your skills do not align at all with your role. This is simply due to Knowledgent not properly staffing people with the right skills long-term. If you happen to be on the bench, you will get pigeonholed into a role you have no business being in.

If your position is mid to senior level, do not expect to be kept around if you're on the bench for more than a few weeks. The longer you are billable, the better chance you have of keeping the job. Employees with highly valuable skills are let go because sales people messed up or a project is taking longer than expected to start. This also results in terrible employees being kept around because they are billable and hard to replace.

The "flat" company structure does not benefit most employees. It is often used as an excuse to avoid promotions and raises. Do not bother doing work beyond your pay level - it will go unnoticed.

There is little space left for employees in the office. Reserving a room amounts to getting to the office early and taping your name to the door before anyone else can. The open-floor plan makes this even worse. You can hear other projects talking on client calls only a few feet away. Meetings take place in the lobby and kitchen to avoid cross-talk.

No matching 401k. Average benefits. Co-pays are expensive.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing employees into roles they have no place being in. Hire more people to fill the gaps correctly. Recognize hard work with promotions.