Knowledgent Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Peter Gibson and Shail Jain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Its very exciting to work in the big data space" (in 21 reviews)

• "Knowledgent is a great place to work and be challenged" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be a challenge" (in 7 reviews)

• "Employees with highly valuable skills are let go because sales people messed up or a project is taking longer than expected to start" (in 8 reviews)

"A Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Knowledgent for 4 years and had come from a Fortune 500 company.
    At Knowledgent I've had the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of challenging projects and experiences. This has allowed me not only to grow my background but also depth of understanding in areas that are cutting edge. Ive also benefited from 2 experienced mentors that have taken a keen interest in my development and enhanced my work experince. As a result, for the first time in my career I'm growing not only technical capabilities but in confidence as well.

Cons

As a consultant at client sites, I would like to have more opportunities to meet people in the company working on other projects.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in education for consultants.

2. "Consulting Firm with Good Projects"

Current Employee - Informationist in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Informationist in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great at finding good projects.

Cons

Company has a very high turnover.

"Fake Reviews & Terrible Management"

I worked at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

They paid me money which I exchanged for goods and services.

Most of the juniors, AKA "fast trackers" are nice and easy to work with.

If you're lucky, you'll end up on a project with one of the few honest managers and learn some useful skills to find a better job elsewhere.

Cons

A lot of the positive reviews posted here are fake. It's not hard to spot them. The one talking specifically about working at Knowledgent as a woman was submitted solely because of sexual harassment that an ex-employee publicly disclosed this year.

Sales people only care about getting projects started. Once the SOW is signed, good luck getting any support. You will be understaffed with the wrong people and left to fend for yourself. SOWs are often vague - this lets clients abuse your team by constantly changing requirements and rejecting deliverables. The project will run over time and budget and you will be stuck doing work in perpetual "crunch time" until everything is perfect. It's no wonder so few clients ever continue working with Knowledgent.

Corners will be cut wherever possible to maximize profits for the people running the company. Juniors are billed as "senior" consultants to clients at 2-3x their actual salary (this is the reason why Knowledgent started hiring so many college students) with little resources to deliver anything other than a rushed mess. Bonuses aren't given and raises are far under industry standard.

There are no little to no standards for deliverables, especially for technical employees. The environment is a nightmare for anyone who values quality work.

Knowledgent touts the "success" of their fast track program as having a high retention rate, yet most young employees share concerns about job security and inefficient upper management. New hires are often forced onto projects where zero marketable skills are learned. Business Analysts are reduced to exclusively taking "meeting minutes" while Engineers are stuck learning whatever piece of software Sales is currently supposed to sell to clients (right now it's Talend). Not surprisingly, most of the younger talent leaves after picking up the minimum amount of skills required to find a better job.

Headhunters for Knowledgent offer potential recruits high salaries to quit their steady jobs and join for a "solid" project. They will keep you on for as long as necessary, then fire you shortly after you hit the bench. It's common to see someone for a few months, then have their name disappear from the email system and never see them again. There is no job security here unless you know someone at the top or take on so much responsibility that you become irreplaceable.

The benefits are sub-par for the industry - high copays, not a lot of PTO / vacation and no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to yourselves, your employees and your clients. Build a work environment where people are not afraid to voice their concerns lest they be suddenly fired or suggested to leave. Support your projects and staff each role properly. Stop letting Sales run wild with garbage SOWs. Attempt to create business relationships which last longer than one engagement.

4. "poor experience"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

Just a very poor experience overall.

Cons

none. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

5. "Informationist"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

Good management and people. Good place to work at.

Cons

Very good company for starters

6. "Worked for 5 years"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic environment. Self learning is great. Get to learn new technologies

Cons

Like in any consulting, you may not get a choice of projects you want to be on. Billing is the key and hence you get assigned to one you may not like or fit in 100%. It is the nature of the beast I guess

"Tough Place but interesting work"

I worked at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

If you're lucky you'll learn to be a good consultant, get to work with amazing people on interesting projects, and get more responsibility.

Cons

If you're unlucky you'll get stuck on bad projects, work with people who don't know what they're doing, and be miserable.

Advice to Management

Be more picky in recruiting and invest in who you bring aboard.

"My Knowledgent"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

I am a partner at Knowledgent and have been an employee since the early days of the firm . During that time I have seen myself and our firm grow substantially over that period. While we are not a perfect company, we do have great employees and a strong culture of teamwork and high performance.

I am disappointed to see that so many on Glassdoor and other social media forums choose to use these platforms to convey such negative feelings about companies and individuals who they likely don't know as people nor spent the time talking with them in the same manner they feel "entitled" to be spoken to.

We, like many companies, encourage strong performance and communication. If an employee or former employee of ours feels wronged in some way, we want to understand that and will take the appropriate action. It's unfortunate that "anonymous" posts with serious accusations take on a life of their own and many times without merit or credibility.

We have built a company we are proud of and have dedicated much of our professional lives to. Your "creative" choice of words and provocative review titles cause harm to those of us that work here and make a living in this industry. We also have families!!

Knowledgent is a great place to work and be challenged. I would encourage those professionals looking for that challenge to approach Knowledgent with confidence and interest in furthering their skills and their professional opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight

"As a female employee working for Knowledgent - Awesome place to work - Equal opportunities and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility for work/life balance - as a female, working mother, the company and the leadership team helps promote career and ambition with managing lifestyle, health and family.
    Invest in highly qualified talented individuals (both male and female!!!) As a female I can attest to this comment!
    Highly driven energetic leadership team - Flat organization - accessible senior management/leadership
    Smart, dynamic company with motivated colleagues
    Great fair and equal opportunities (especially if you seek them out!!!)
    Industry leaders - Best at what we do!

Cons

internal communication could improve - fast pace organization sometimes lacks the communication needed to employees in a consistent manner - but I have seen great improvements on this by senior management.
    need to expand office space - growth has limited working space (which I guess is really a good thing)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As a female working for Knowledgent, I find the company extremely fair, balanced and an equally opportunity employer.

"Good Salary and Benefits but less job security"

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

Good Salary,Benefits,If you have strong technical experience you are welcomed

Cons

less job security but otherwise good

Advice to Management

Job Stability