Cover image for Kobie Marketing

Kobie Marketing

Engaged Employer

Kobie Marketing

Add a Review

Kobie Marketing Employee Reviews about "kobie"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

70 Comments

Tech

469.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Kobie Marketing~262504
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "GREAT people (for the most part)(in 13 reviews)
  • "Culture: Absolute delight with office culture and work flexibility.(in 11 reviews)
  • "You get to work on programs that you interact with every day in your day to day life Competitive pay and benefits(in 8 reviews)
  • "Decent benefits.(in 8 reviews)
  • "There is good work/life balance(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "kobie"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Jan 21, 2021 - Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work forever

Cons

Kobie likes to hide in her desk

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best gift that I have on a daily basis! My own hidden gem!!

Aug 23, 2020 - Senior Decision Scientist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent above average pay. - Culture: Absolute delight with office culture and work flexibility. You can switch off at 5 pm and you will still get pay raise and promotion. Foosball, Table Tennis, Fruit Thursdays, Diversity Fridays, Massages, WFH, early release Fridays, and PTOs can be for the hour needed. New hires are assigned a non-department member as an advocate/buddy with weekly lunches or coffees. This invariably grows your internal network of friends and well-wishers beyond you team. Regular meet and greet called Kobie Connections where you get to meet long tenured colleagues and executives, and learn how their career progressed and initiatives that they took to achieve that. Free parking overlooking the Bay. Home baked cookies from colleagues and VPs. Throughout the day you can hear frequent laughter! - Professional Development: Lectures on leadership and professional development for all by the executive leadership team. Counts towards PDU. Lynda subscription. - Transparency: Almost monthly Town Hall meetings addressing company health, business outlook and areas for optimization. Black and white answers from the President Marti Beller and CEO Bram Hechtkopf even for anonymous questions and concerns raised during virtual Town Hall meetings. The President usually follows up by dropping by randomly at work space and ask for personal feedback. All Corporate level meetings are followed by an internal anonymous survey. Monthly State of the Union spotlight on a client account. Ideas are openly shared and acknowledged. Daily meetings with immediate manager, monthly with Director/VP. It is very hard to miss, to get to know where you stand and where the company is, in real-time basis. - Talent: Leaders including Executives are hands on. Can hold deep conversations on technical as well as management strategies. You get to see their big picture perspective allowing you to prioritize your focus to attention to detail. Has a healthy mix of generalists and specialists. Team members are confident and readily share know how. - Management: Micromanagement is consciously avoided. Managers build and protect you. Hierarchy works to your favor. You are also expected to provide constructive feedback on your manager. Weekly meetings with immediate manager and skip-level with executives. Since everyone knows what everyone else is doing, there are no assumptions. Clarity of what you do, what was done, and what is expected. - Technology: SAS Viya, Python/R, PowerBI, SSRS, and the usual BI/DW tech that you may find in a technology, consulting and services company. - Weekly Open Door: On dedicated days of a week, you can book an appointment with your pick of executives; President, CEO, etc. Think on the lines of asking for career guidance, management strategies, airing grievances, persistent growth blockers, etc. Provides a level playing field, irrespective of title or assumed influence.

Cons

- Growth pains: The company is growing at a break neck speed. And that has altered the existing equilibrium of departmental silos and bubbles of exceptional talent. Management responded by integrating naturally adjacent teams and driving cross departmental cohesion. Challenge would be in maintaining the current over-communication drive that is helping greatly! - Work load: String of new project wins exceed their hiring speed. Since the emphasis is on cultural fit they deliberate. Hopefully we get more soon…the good ones!

6 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Kobie Marketing team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I LOVE being a Kobian!!!!!

Aug 16, 2020 - QA Analyst in Saint Pete, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I felt compelled to write a review on my employer Kobie Marketing. In my previous searches for employment I would research companies and read the reviews from their previous employees and the current employees. I found that not too many current employees share their experiences with the company they work for. I also came to realize that some of the bad reviews may come from an employee who may have been disgruntled. I’m writing this review to highlight some of the many reasons I love being a Kobian. I started my journey at Kobie Marketing a short period before Covid-19 disrupted the way we normally interact. My employer jumped into immediate action in sending us home before anyone else in our building. They worked quickly and even had the call center completely remote something I found to be an excellent task. Prior to Covid I worked from our corporate office downtown St. Petersburg. I absolutely love the office. I can truly say that our CEO Bram Hechtkopf and President Marti Beller considers all associates when making their decisions and have a true open door policy. Kobie has a Diversity & Inclusion group which is doing its part to ensure all Kobians are comfortable at work and collaborating with each other. The amenities that I had not experienced from Kobie are massages every other week. A break room to unwind with an electric guitar, fuse ball, table tennis, and industrial popcorn machines on each floor. My first week there my employer had ergonomic doctors come and gauge each employee’s posture to ensure we were comfortable and the items the doctors recommended my employer immediately provided. The salary, incentives and everything in between are some of my favorite parts of being a Kobian.

Cons

I know it's always good to leave feedback in this area but I can only say so far so good!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loyalty company with no loyalty

May 11, 2020 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offer free fruit and massages.

Cons

Unreasonable attendance policy, blatant favoritism. Kobie has potential however they need to trust in their people more and listen to them, they may find they have valuable input. The Contact Center has made strides in growth and job performance, however they continue to turn a deaf ear to any real issues. Upper management picks the easy fights and likes to place blame on the rest of leadership. Complete lack of organization and the mentality of " just do as your told" helps keep the Contact Center's morale low.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cuture of Harassment and bullying

Oct 7, 2019 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer a somewhat flexible work schedule.

Cons

Kobie Marketing fosters a culture of rampant harassment and bullying (both verbal and physical) which is not taken seriously by management, HR, or senior leadership. If you are female or lgbtq; be prepared to be mistreated. If you go to HR they will tell you about non retaliation laws, however, they do take this seriously and do not stop managers from retaliation against their direct reports. Kobie Marketing could be a really great place to work if they actually cared about their employees and curtailed behaviors which drive talent away.

12 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Kobie overall

Jun 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best work life balance I've ever had, and work from home options, casual dress with jeans, friendly staff and enjoy who I work with. Kobie has fun events with happy hours, holiday party, activities, training and development if you make it a priority, good culture. There has been a new president in 2019 and she is making positive improvements! I'm not going to list pros and cons of specific jobs because all roles are different. Ask that yourself if you are interviewing, make sure you like the responsibilities listed, and if you are here then have open communication with your manager on things you like or don't or want. Kobie is willing to work with you (but it can be a challenge) if you do a good job, show interest and initiative - push, put in the extra mile, are a positive person.

Cons

Lack of communication from cross-departments. Poor recruiting. Do not rely on a bonus.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company really working to become better

Mar 8, 2019 - Technical Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kobie is constantly looking to do better than it did before as a company, and as a group of individuals. Senior leadership is willing to listen, learn, try new things, and adapt to change. This is a company that cares about its people, and wants to do right by them. Kobie is maturing as well, both in process, and with its people. It doesn't hide from the issues it faces, rather, it tackles them head on, and, with the input of its people, tries to deal with them the best it can. When mistakes are made, they are evaluated, and learned from (most times). The biggest thing is, the company cares about its people. Perhaps there are some that don't feel that way, but I have seen and experienced the opposite. The growth process is a result of it, and it's tangible.

Cons

While Kobie keeps working on improving, there are things that get done without enough forethought or follow-through. It's a result of a lack of process. There are also areas where communication needs to be better around the company, which I am sure contributes to some of the negative feelings people may have at times. There can be a "silo'd" feel among the teams who work on different projects, though that has been breaking down a little at a time. Overall, one of Kobie's biggest flaws that I have seen, is a lack of process and team ownership that results in a failure to complete initiatives. When the single individual who champions or owns something, gets moved, shifted, or leaves, the initiative gets lost along with them, and it's unfortunate. I believe a stronger process, communication, and team/company ownership of initiatives, can greatly help with that.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing company supported by great leadership

Feb 18, 2019 - Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Kobie truly invests in it's employees who are eager to learn and grow. - Kobie has invested in leaders who believe in the work culture that sets the company apart from other competitors in the loyalty space. Leaders who believe in the future of the company, the staff and the market. Leaders who are passionate about the Kobie DNA and what we as Kobians do. Leader who have a open door policy, listen, challenge and support employees. - Very well balanced work and personal life. - Trustworthy, creative, brilliant CEO, CSO and CHRO. - An environment to be challenged to develop individually, grow professionally and define your own career. - A great new hire in our President, Marti Beller

Cons

- Although the financial compensation may be lower than competitors, there are other benefits that Kobie provides to make up for the financial difference. For example, unlimited vacation days, good balance of work and professional life and the ability to work remote based on your position.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Getting better all the time

Feb 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kobie provides a high energy atmosphere that promotes teamwork. The new leadership have great backgrounds and have brought a level of maturity to the company that I believe will fuel growth. HR is extremely creative in sponsoring fun events that make networking throughout the company easy and rewarding.

Cons

There are still challenges but there has been steady improvements every day.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Soooo Much Potential Here

Dec 4, 2018 - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good hard working people. Very relaxed atmosphere. Decent benefits and pay. Unlimited vacation. Massages and fresh fruit. Company parties and haunted house. Ability to participate in local charities if you wish. Lots of potential for success down the road once they right the ship.

Cons

Kobie is a small company with just over 400 people employed, but they have way too many VP's and Directors. Company grew fast and people got promoted to help keep up with the growth. Now there are incompetent people in leadership roles. Last president of company aided with this problem by hiring all these executives to try and solve leadership problems and now the company is way too top heavy. Kobie needs to trim some of that fat at the top and use the money they save to give help to departments that need more bodies. Unfortunately, some executives are just enjoying the free ride and pretty much doing nothing.

5 people found this review helpful