Koch Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Joe Grendys

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Salary is good, no lay offs for employees, good benefits for employees, chance to be a union member if one chooses (in 5 reviews)

• Steady weekly pay check,get off at a resonable time to conduct other business matters,and off almost every weekend (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours low paid, some unstable people who get fired and then rehired in 45 days (in 4 reviews)

• They expect you to work to fast and still expect you to meet their high rate for low pay or write you up (in 4 reviews)

1. "Koch Foods"

Current Employee - Truck Loader in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Truck Loader in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Koch Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. There's alot of good potential to move up in the company.

Cons

Not many hours and physical demanding. The work environment can be stressful on your body.

"Koch Foods Review"

Current Employee - Process Employee in Morristown, TN
    Current Employee - Process Employee in Morristown, TN

I have been working at Koch Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is good, no lay offs for employees, good benefits for employees, chance to be a union member if one chooses. Temp to hire is 60 days. Bonuses for attendance and raises are given periodically.

Cons

Cold environment, (48 degrees), heavy lifting on some lines, high turnover rates for employees because of hard conditions.

Advice to Management

Some of the Management needs personnel coaching on how to treat employees, as some employees have been unfairly disciplined and/or fired. They do not always hold true to their word, nor follow company policy. They will sometimes put a worker on a line or at a station that they know for a fact is unable to do a specific job, and they will not compromise and move their employees to a more accommodating section, instead they find reasons to discipline employees and even fire them instead of finding a alternative solution. This is not all managers, just a few that take their status to the level of it being absurd.

3. "Great job but the horrible managment made job unbearable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

I worked at Koch Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job i loved my job while i worked there. It is a nice place to easily get some good experience to better yourself.

Cons

management is horrible. if your not related to someone or if your not Hispanic or speak Spanish then you will never get promoted. management also likes to bully employees. They also lie about how much they will pay you and do not promote based on your work and skills. only if your Hispanic and related to someone in management. Also the majority of the employees there are actually illegal with fake socials.

Advice to Management

It would just be a lost cause don't want to waste my energy.

4. "Great job"

I worked at Koch Foods full-time

Pros

Good people to work for

Cons

They usually won't allow you to move if your not suited to the job

Advice to Management

Offer a hiring class for open positions and allow the employee different jobs to suite their abilities

5. "Terrible management"

Former Employee - Warehouse Lead in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Lead in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Koch Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay even at low wages, cheap insurance

Cons

Management completely sucks, good workers aren't rewarded, to much favoritism

Advice to Management

Quit catering to lazy employees and treat your good employees better

6. "Management Scared"

Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Line Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Koch Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Union benefits you get after 3 months of probation that you start paying for before ypur in it. The people working on the plant floor are nice and not manipulative like the people who manage the company and negotiate with the union.

Cons

Evetything else. I just started working there for 2 months and I already see a lot of bad management. 1st shift works way harder than 2nd meaning uneven distribution of work but also pressure to keep up with a line that's too fast. Bad cleaning and sanitation of chicken that's been dropped on the floor. They don't stop machines when people have bodily issues like runny noses or slobbing etc. So it falls into the chicken. Also the union bargains your wage even when your not in the union. Saying if your still on your 3 month probation HR stated clearly that the union can make your wage 50 cents less every hour even though you aren't in the union yet. Meaning every monday to friday you lose 50 cents an hour, every saturday you lose 75 cents an hour and every sunday you lose 1 dollar an hour as a green hair net (your a green hair net during your probation). Also you start paying the union by your second check working there. 5 installments of $20 for the initiation fee and a random $6.83. Work is hard when the company basically ecploits you to work. If you miss a friday or leave early form work any day Monday through Friday Saturday and Sunday will but consider regular pay regardless of you working 46-52 hours/weel which is 8 hours of overtime or more. Literally the first company the I worked for that wasn't good at all. I ended up getting fired because the company illegally found out what I told to the union about the pay.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to cover up your crap and just fix it.

7. "Chicken Planet"

I worked at Koch Foods full-time

Pros

It is a job, but it involves working in cold temperatures, working at a fixed line speed, for five or six days per week. Debone, tender and wing lines, cvp, marination, box room, split breast, and shipping are some areas that make up Koch foods, which is a poultry processing plant.

Cons

It normally starts off paying minimal wages.

8. "Tough work, low salary."

Current Employee - Poultry Processor in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Poultry Processor in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Koch Foods full-time

Pros

I Can't think of anything except Health insurance, Scheduled salary. Maybe you're made to be worked out while working. Easy to move position.

Cons

Working most of the holidays is mandatory. Sometime when there,s OT, you've got to do it. If missed, you'd get - 1day off.

Advice to Management

Routine shifting of Working position.

9. "Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Koch Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely none. Terrible mngt, garbage pay, too much favortism

Cons

The owners of Koch Foods are absolutely the worst. Low wages, terrible conditions, unrealistic goals, and the worst management team they can put together. All they are looking for in managers is yes men. It is an absolute sham. I truly feel sorry for my friends that are still there.

Advice to Management

Nothing is ever going to change. This company sucks. It is one of the 2 worst I have ever worked for in my life.

10. "Payroll Specialist"

I have been working at Koch Foods full-time

Pros

Love my job. Ive been with the company for 4 years. My boss is relatable. Everyone is kind of close with each other.

Cons

There is a lack of accountability. No one wants to be the bad guy and tell someone when they are wrong. Keep your eyes open, and gossip to yourself.

Advice to Management

Take the time listen to emoloyee suggestions. Make sure the employees know you care about them. They have more pride in their work when you care about them as people.