Koch Industries Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

3.8
Koch Industries Chairman and CEO Charles G. Koch
Charles G. Koch
Pros
  • "Relaxed work environment and nice office(in 39 reviews)

• "The company culture is incredible; a great place to work and grow your career with a bunch of really nice co-workers(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work / life balance can be improved especially during big projects(in 40 reviews)

• "Headquarters located in Wichita Kansas(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Koch Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

I have been with Koch full time now for 5 years

Jun 17, 2020 - Reliability Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Koch has been a fantastic company to work for! I have been given the opportunity to travel, to learn more than I would have thought possible, and to grow not only as an employee but as an individual. Koch holds its values very high and expects the same from its employees. And this leads to an evironment of success, learning, and growth. It has been a pleasure to work for Koch and I plan to continue that journey as long as they will allow.

Cons

Nothing negative to say at this time.

2 people found this review helpful

Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi! This is Molly from Talent Solutions. I wanted to say thank you for all of the hard work over the years, it is really exciting to read that you have found the opportunity and culture to be so supportive throughout your time with Koch. We do hold our values very high and we believe this is what helps set us apart. Thank you for sharing this feedback and please know that I will be passing it on to the appropriate teams. Thank you again!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

great place to work with excellent salary and room to advance

May 4, 2021 - Logistics Coordinator in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

career opportunities, educational opportunities, innovation,

Cons

rather rigid performance structure; work life balance is a bit rough at times

Senior Talent Solutions Recruiter

Hello and thank you for your 10+ years of dedicated service to Koch! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, feedback from our employees is incredibly important to us. Please know I’ve personally read your review and have passed this along to the appropriate leadership teams. As a current employee, I encourage you to share your feedback with your HR contact. Thanks again! - Cali from Talent Solutions

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

World class with skyline expectations for those who can conquer giants

May 9, 2021 - Endpoint Architecture Analyst in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Due to Koch's tremendous and highly innovative leaders, top-performers, and unstoppable drive to be a world class leader in their investment spaces, which are myriads, change happens time-travel fast and it's thrilling, riveting, and at the edge -of-your-seat, white-knuckle grip exciting! You always have this sense Koch will not only be going to grandiose and seemingly unobtainable places, but every fast-track of the ride will leave you exhilarated and never dulled.

Cons

Due to Koch's extremely high expectations, as all legendary companies should have, it can be tremendously difficult to get a position with Koch, and if you do, challenging to keep up. Koch isn't for the weak of heart, mind, or soul.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, great experience but . . .

May 10, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities, MBM is a good tool especially if you ever leave

Cons

Like most big companies they are run by lawyers, extremely risk adverse and not everyone walks the talk. Make sure you can work in such an environment or your career may be short lived. Benefits tend to be on the low side.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Its a Journey of Lifetime

Feb 10, 2021 - IT Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

MBM Culture - The beauty of MBM is that you can network very easily within the company to find other opportunities. Read any Charles Koch Books to familiarize yourself. My favorite is Science of Success Culture - Read the Cons but don’t get me wrong there are some great groups and great people as well. No Micromanagement - Principled Entrepreneurship culture gives you the freedom to treat your job and role like your own business – making you accountable for the outcomes Diversifciation of Businesses- From Oil and Gas, Paper, Electonic Connectors to Data Analytics

Cons

There is discrimination, favoritism, retaliation definitely in some groups at KGS. The culture of MBM is to challenge and enrich the discussion but some groups are so insular they only allow this to happen within their group. This is sort of the small-town mentality that you could find working on the Wichita, KS campus. They just are not open to othesr idea and they will tolerate outsiders but they do not appreciate outside thinking. It doesnt matter how much emotional EQ you have or how you communicate it. Tthey will stick within their clique and only listen to 'popular' people. Its hard for MBM to overcome small town mentality.

1 person found this review helpful

Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, this is Molly from the Talent Solutions team and I wanted to say thank you and recognize all of the hard work you have put in over the past 8+ years! I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and overall experience. While I am happy to read that the culture and overall opportunities have been positive, I am concerned to read of the favoritism, discrimination and retaliation. We do not tolerate these behaviors and I would encourage you to speak to your HR contact or share your concerns by visiting the Guideline at http://mykochguideline.com. Please know that I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate leadership team as well as immediate opportunities. Thank you again.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 4, 2021 - Junior Applications Systems Analyst in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Koch is an extremely driven, caring company. They are always looking to have their employees grow.

Cons

You will work very long hours.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

May 2, 2021 - Finance Intern in Hudson, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will allow you to work in the area of the business you find interesting and plays off your strengths.

Cons

Hard work similar to working for any large corporation

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent place to work if you enjoy a big corporate environment.

Apr 26, 2021 - Recruiter in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable consistent work with structure and paths for growth.

Cons

So big that you can feel like a number and the corporate philosophy isn't for everyone - you get penalized for not wanting to be a leader of people.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

Apr 21, 2021 - Talent Operations Coordinator in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative and respectful company with a focus on trust and integrity

Cons

It was difficult to advance into higher level HR roles because there wasn't much of a development program

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company to work for.

Apr 21, 2021 - Compliance Manager in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very challenging and rewarding role. Bonus is based on your individual contribution. Value the MBM principles.

Cons

It was a great opportunity.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 906 Reviews