KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Koch Industries

Engaged Employer

Koch Industries

Add a Review

Koch Industries Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Jan 8, 2021

Found 36 of over 1K reviews

3.9
Koch Industries Chairman and CEO Charles G. Koch
Charles G. Koch
Pros
  • "Relaxed work environment and nice office(in 39 reviews)

• "The company culture is incredible; a great place to work and grow your career with a bunch of really nice co-workers(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work / life balance can be improved especially during big projects(in 40 reviews)

• "Headquarters located in Wichita Kansas(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Koch Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Contractor

great place to work

Jan 8, 2021 - Student in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

the best! great place! love it

Cons

loud boss and broken water tank

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company!

Aug 15, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Leader in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is incredible; a great place to work and grow your career with a bunch of really nice co-workers. In my over 7 years at the company, it was routine to work with many leaders who were very smart and also very approachable and humble.

Cons

The HQ is located in Wichita, with many leaders placed in other parts of the organization from Wichita can frequently push a narrow point-of-view. Growing pains of a company becoming more global, in which I am sure they will make positive adjustments.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company Driven by Logic and Reason

Apr 23, 2019 - Operations Manager in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

MBM Management philosophy encourages an open and objective approach to problem solving and decision making. Diversity and free thought are promoted and encouraged. Great place to be if one strives to sideline your one's bias, subjectivity and emotion in their decision making process. Average benefits for a large corporation. Excellent on-site food options,

Cons

Tendency to cling to old mental models Traditional work schedule (inflexible work hours) Most positions do not offer work from home Campus amenities limited relative to other large corporations.

Social Media Manager

Thanks for the five-star review and for being open to sharing your experience! We agree that innovation and transformation are essential to long-term success in all areas of our business and we are on a journey to get better every day. We aren’t perfect so we need more employees like you helping us to keep thinking of new ways to work! We are leveraging technologies to allow for working remotely currently across Koch companies. If you have questions about how this relates to your position, please ask your supervisor or HR leader. Again, thank you for the feedback and just know it is greatly appreciated!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Nov 25, 2019 - Estimator
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are a great place to work

Cons

The coffee in the break room is ok

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Yay all the way

Apr 25, 2019 - Social Media Manager in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Employees are friendly. Refreshingly forward-thinking. Great place to work if you have kids/family life. Lots of opportunity for growth as someone new in their career.

Cons

The challenge process can be a little bit of a struggle if you're someone who doesn't take criticism or change very well. Sometimes the approval process and figuring out who owns what can cause a lot of unnecessary back-and-forth and response process can be delayed, which I've found to be slightly frustrating.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Koch Industries Guiding Principles and focus on Innovation is great

Apr 23, 2019 - EHS Leader in Dalton, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, principle based philosophies, a focus on safety, and a search for innovation ideas on all levels make this a great place to work.

Cons

Raises and incentives are sometimes slow.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place for a Lasting Career

Aug 10, 2015 - Employee Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

KBS is a great place to work (overall). I have been here 2 years and I still enjoy coming in to the office everyday. There is a great opportunity for growth and I am always acquiring new skillsets that can be utilize for future career opportunities. The company culture is the best that I have ever experienced and there is a true sense of camaraderie (almost family like). Everyone has been helpful and wants to see me succeed and I have not experienced the "crabs in a bucket workplace mentality here". Knowledge sharing is freely given from all levels and I can speak with my senior management team about any concerns that may arise and my concerns (one or two minor concerns in the past) and they are actually heard and acted upon. All of our offices and work stations are equipped with adjustable desk so you can actually stand up, at will, throughout the day. My responsibilities have evolved so much in a short period of time and I feel as if I am more than just a cog in a huge machine. I feel as if my work really matters and makes a difference. That's what most important to me.

Cons

Raises, bonuses and incentives are moderately obtainable but it takes too long from the time it is initiated to the time of the disbursement (3-months).

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Identity & Access Management Analyst

Oct 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite what the media says about the top shareholders of the company, this is a great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities to advance your career and knowledge of other business practices, if you're willing to step outside of your comfort zone.

Cons

Management puts trust in the employees to make the right decisions based on the market trends and industry best practices. However certain management personnel does not value the information provided, and instead goes with an option that - in some cases - seems to be predetermined by other conversations with different directives that are given to the employees.

Koch Industries Response

Your feedback is appreciated and is an important part of our culture. The pros you call out are spot on in that Koch does offer a lot of opportunities and the employee has ownership in seeking out his or her path to success. As you mention, leadership is also a key component. It is expected that our leaders take input from a variety of sources as part of their decision-making process, to include their employees, our customers, market trends, company vision and strategic initiatives and make the best decisions possible, while considering the long-term goals and not just short-term needs or desires. That is a lot, and we don’t always get it right, but we strive to improve every day. I am glad you called out leadership development as this is a big focus for us. At KBS, a formalized leadership program is in place and is focused on employee development, performance assessment, incentives, virtues and talents. Continual assessment of our leaders does occur as does looking for those with potential to be leaders. We have to stretch folks with that potential and take some bets on our talent. As a leader of other leaders, coaching, developing and mentoring those leaders trusted to me, is highly valued by me and is the number one job I have. We learn every day. Thank you again and know the feedback is valued. Mike Huff Director, Endpoint and Identity Services

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

HR Service Center is a great place to learn as entry level employees

Sep 10, 2015 - Human Resources Services in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am fortunate to work with a fantastic team of individuals from the HR Service Center, payroll, and IT. It's a great place to learn in the early stage of your career. I'm able to learn about my current role and the business.

Cons

Lack of organization and communication. Little to no opportunity to grow. Managements mindset is to get the most out of their investment which inhibits growth opportunities. There is no succession planning. Management uses deception tactics and in some cases flat out blocking to prevent you from advancing your career. If you are fortunate to earn a raise, expect to see it on your check 4-6 months down the road. There's no back pay unless you threaten to leave.

3 people found this review helpful

Social Media Branding & Sourcing Analyst

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback. I suggest talking to your HR-Business Partner or Manager to address these concerns. -Valerie Unruh, KBS Human Resources

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work with lots of opportunities.

Jan 15, 2015 - IT Supervisor in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Koch has a very strong culture with guiding principles that provide clear expectations for all of their employees. Unlike many companies that just post their guiding principles on the wall, Koch educates employees about them and provides regular feedback to employees about how they can improve their performance. KBS provides services to a very diverse group of customers in a very large and complex enterprise environment. Adding the opportunities for career growth make this a great place to work.

Cons

There are times that the diversity of the internal customers and their demands can be frustrating. The resolution of these issues can sometimes seem political in nature. There are efforts underway to better align customers on technology decisions.

2 people found this review helpful