Found 43 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great Culture and Environment !" (in 107 reviews)
- "The people here are great and will help you succeed if you work hard and ask for help when needed." (in 84 reviews)
- "Pay is good for the area but that's because you are constantly working overtime." (in 83 reviews)
- "And some good benefits" (in 80 reviews)
- "Working for a company this size you get a good work/life balance and pay." (in 40 reviews)
- "Poor management in every process" (in 56 reviews)
- "Senior leadership tells the team that they listen to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) feedback but actions would dictate otherwise." (in 22 reviews)
- "Managers have all the power to determine your salary but manager doesn't know what work you are doing." (in 21 reviews)
- "No bonuses at year end" (in 19 reviews)
- "Long hours and bureaucracy." (in 17 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Koch Industries and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 6, 2015AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Everyone is very intelligent and driven to succeed.
It's very Cutthroat. If you don't like sweater vests or playing the corporate game you have a life span of 3-5 yrs or less. There's the lifers and then there's the rest of everyone. lifers can mess up and nothing happens the others disappear randomly. Expect long hours and unofficially you shouldn't ever leave for lunch either.
- 3.0Oct 30, 2012AccountantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWichita, KS
Most co-workers were very smart and respectful people. Wages were very competitive. Culture thought "outside the box", which was a great change from what I was used to.
Work/LIfe balance was very heavy on the work side. My group was expected to work 10-12 hour days on a regular basis. One of my co-workers was working over 18 hours straight one day. The long hours were due mainly to poor software. My department used in-house IT, which proved to be very unreliable. I recomended contacting in IT support to fix the issues quicker, but the idea was ignored. The long hours were not thought of as being a problem, which was the sign I needed to find something different. If I am going to work 12 hours a day, it will be to make myself rich, not someone else. Koch is a private company, so none of the employees have ownership.7
- 5.0Oct 22, 2020Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Good work culture and nice work life balance for the employees
Month end will have long working hours and employee will have to stay back for long
- 5.0Apr 30, 2018AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWichita, KS
If you fit the culture you will most likely be working with like minded peers. Always looking to innovate. Roles can be custom fit to an employees comparative advantage. Entrepreneurial mind sets are welcome and encouraged. Endless possibilities within the company to shape your own career.
Certain roles require long hours so work/life tend to suffer. Unfortunately if you are in a back office role and salary, those long nights are not compensated for. Spot bonuses are few and far between and like with any bonus they are taxed heavily. So many different companies and not all cultures are created equal within.