Koch Industries Employee Reviews about "wichita"

Updated Oct 11, 2020

Found 49 of over 1K reviews

3.9
Koch Industries Chairman and CEO Charles G. Koch
Charles G. Koch
Pros
  • "Relaxed work environment and nice office(in 39 reviews)

• "The company culture is incredible; a great place to work and grow your career with a bunch of really nice co-workers(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work / life balance can be improved especially during big projects(in 40 reviews)

• "Headquarters located in Wichita Kansas(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Koch Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "wichita"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company!

Aug 15, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Leader in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is incredible; a great place to work and grow your career with a bunch of really nice co-workers. In my over 7 years at the company, it was routine to work with many leaders who were very smart and also very approachable and humble.

Cons

The HQ is located in Wichita, with many leaders placed in other parts of the organization from Wichita can frequently push a narrow point-of-view. Growing pains of a company becoming more global, in which I am sure they will make positive adjustments.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Kansas Employer

Oct 11, 2020 - Engineer in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, long-term vision for company, successful

Cons

Headquarters located in Wichita Kansas

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture!

Jun 24, 2020 - Program Manager in Reno, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture! Leadership walks the talk.

Cons

Headquarter is in Wichita, not easy to travel to for remote workforce in management.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyable

Sep 10, 2020 - Market Risk Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities. Good work-life balance. Great name.

Cons

Downsizing across many regional offices. Focus on Wichita and people from/in Wichita.

5. 5.0
      Former Intern

na

Apr 1, 2020 - Associate Financial Analyst in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

great campus and leadership there

Cons

not much from the company. wichita

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Culture

Dec 18, 2019 - Analyst in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most management is good. They care about their employees and where they want to go in their career. Also a lot of opportunities.

Cons

Not very diverse in people in Wichita campus and is conservative. Is a matter of preference.

7. 5.0
      Former Intern, more than 1 year

Good company culture

Sep 13, 2019 - Intern in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay very well with great benefits, and the culture is extremely welcoming and helpful

Cons

I would still be there if I did not have to move to Wichita

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Tightfisted, limited employee growth

Jun 27, 2019 - Executive Assistant in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

They offer good pay to start, at least compared to other companies in Wichita, KS. There are several different business units that provide a variety of work, culture, and locations if you plan to move in the future. If you find a group that actually abides by the MBM philosophy, it can be a rewarding place to work. I do like my current team and my current role. If you can get in as an intern as opposed to a general new hire, do so! Interns are treated like royalty.

Cons

While entry salary is pretty good (again, only compared to Wichita, where cost of living is quite low,) it can be incredibly difficult to get bonuses/raises/reviews. I went over two years without even receiving a review, let alone a raise. My raises the first five years didn't even keep up with the rise in cost of goods and inflation. I have heard multiple people say the only way to get a good raise is to change jobs / companies. There are a variety of different business units / companies under the Koch umbrella, but different companies mean different rules and some are much worse than others. There seem to be a LOT of terrible managers/supervisors and a Lot of senior leaders who don't fit the "Koch culture." It's like once you reach a certain point, they'll move you into management whether you're good at it and whether you want it or not. We also like to pull very high priced leaders from outside the company, just because they are high priced (so they must be good) and regardless of whether or not they are a good fit or a good leader. They make terrible decisions, and we are losing good employees. Despite the fact the company harps on Change, everything here moves So slowly. The medical benefits are weak and have gotten worse every year I've been here. Both premiums and deductibles are very high. I actually stopped going to my regular doctor and stopped taking my meds because the cost went up so much. Instead, I pay for a concierge doctor in addition to my "catastrophe insurance" that is offered by Koch. In addition to high premiums and deductibles, we are now being penalized by hundreds of dollars (up to $50/month) if we don't complete health training programs during the year. Other companies allow you to save money by participating in wellness programs, but Koch instead punishes you if you don't. The employee "discount" program is a joke, run by a national company that rarely offers any deal better than what you can find just by googling a product. And although they offer $5k in tuition reimbursement each year, they have fought me every time I have submitted a reimbursement request. They typically deny at least one class, sometimes multiple, and always over a disagreement over the language in the policy. It's a huge hassle; I'm sure most people just give up. Starting vacation is typically two weeks, regardless of your experience / tenure at other jobs. You can be forty years old coming in with twenty years experience and be offered two weeks vacation. The campus is old-fashioned. You are here to work, work, work, not take breaks (which encourage creativity) or talk with coworkers (which encourages innovation.) Schedules are old-fasioned and inflexible (7AM - 5PM, Mon - Fri, no working remote, even if you are issued a laptop and have collaboration software installed day one.

4 people found this review helpful

Koch Industries Response

Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello- this is Molly from Koch. I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I want you to know that I have read your feedback and concerns. Change and transformation are key to us not only staying competitive in the market but also in attracting the best talent to come work and make a difference here at Koch. I am concerned to hear that you feel employee growth is limited and that there is a sense of inflexibility. Please know that I am passing this on to the appropriate leadership teams as items to review and discuss. I appreciate your honest feedback and want to thank you for all of your hard work over the years. Thank you-

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok place

Jul 8, 2019 - Analyst in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

wichita is a nice community and campus is safe

Cons

if you want to move up the ranks to real positions you need to come from the outside

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jun 2, 2019 - Trader in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely ethical, analytical company with a rock solid balance sheet.

Cons

Wichita is a tough place.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews