KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Koch Industries

Engaged Employer

Koch Industries

Add a Review

Koch Industries Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

Found 64 of over 1K reviews

3.9
Koch Industries Chairman and CEO Charles G. Koch
Charles G. Koch
Pros
  • "Relaxed work environment and nice office(in 39 reviews)

• "The company culture is incredible; a great place to work and grow your career with a bunch of really nice co-workers(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work / life balance can be improved especially during big projects(in 40 reviews)

• "Headquarters located in Wichita Kansas(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Koch Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jul 29, 2020 - Applicant Tracking Systems Administrator in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and work life balance

Cons

Bonuses are sparce continuous change

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Do not come to Koch Tax Department

May 21, 2020 - Senior Tax Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get hired. The tax department is constantly hiring. If you are a tax professional and like to keep an eye in the job market, you should've noticed Koch always has open tax position of all levels.

Cons

1. High turner over, both voluntary and involuntary. Not just lower level employees, but directors who have been here for years fired and disappeared on the same day. 2. The department is extremely cultish. Be prepared to spend hours and days in groups discussing MBM (Charles Koch's) philosophy during the teeth of the busy season. During the meeting, people will "sing gospel" to the MBM philosophy. This type of toxic culture will only attract and retain certain type of people. 3. The tax department is constant chaotic mess. Fire drills for no reasons all the time. At any given moment there will be a bunch of people don't know what is going on. 4. Poor personnel management. Tax, professional knowledge, and ability to get the job done do not matter that much. Knowing the right people matters way more. This results in a lot of people with not fitting experience or no experience holding key position managing more qualified people with fitting experience. 5. Horrible work life balance. If they tell you there is good work life balance there, do not believe them. 6. Way too much politics.

6 people found this review helpful

Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi, this is Molly from Talent Solutions and I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback. I am disappointed to read of your experience as we work to foster a culture of innovation and growth for individuals at any stage of their career. Please know that I am sharing this with the appropriate leadership team as immediate feedback. Thank you again.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Senior product control

Jan 11, 2021 - Senior Product Controller in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong company with great credit ratings

Cons

Horrible work life balance. Always stuck at work

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Use to be a great company

Aug 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Delicious holiday lunch every year! Large company that usually has plenty of jobs open that employees can move in to to help grow their careers.

Cons

Compensation lower than similar jobs elsewhere, they do not promote a healthy work/life balance, getting too political.

3 people found this review helpful

Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, this is Molly from Talent Solutions team and I wanted to first thank you for taking the time and sharing your review with us. Our employees are important to us as a company and employer and we continue to identify and work towards supporting them throughout their career and that includes a focus on retention. You bring up a great reminder on the importance of that. Thank you again and I wish you the best.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Alright job

Nov 2, 2020 - Technical Support Administrator in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great 401k Good work-life balance Work from home Consistent hours

Cons

No Raise Do more then Job duty Bad management Not appreciated Very little help

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyable

Sep 10, 2020 - Market Risk Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities. Good work-life balance. Great name.

Cons

Downsizing across many regional offices. Focus on Wichita and people from/in Wichita.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

excellent

Aug 9, 2020 - Engineer in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

best work life balance and good work life balance

Cons

top management directionless and directionless are top management

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Apr 17, 2020 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture, work life balance, career growth, management, benefits

Cons

none so far but i am new

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Innovative, principled, but does not value diversity and inclusion

Feb 1, 2019 - Manager in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is decent at the manager level at some subsidiaries Use of robotic technology makes some processes more efficient, innovative Principled

Cons

In the Corporate office, a handful of minorities hold position of manager+ (out of almost 3000) Employees strongly encouraged to adopt Koch's political beliefs (conservative, libertarian) Many employees do not abide by guiding principles Difficult - if not impossible- to advance if you are a minority Promotions are far and few between if you don't know the right people Frameworks often lead to red-tape and become bottlenecks to progress Culture is cult-like Expected to wear multiple hats, no work-life balance and can be very stressful Terrible vacation policy Telecommuting discouraged in vast majority of corporate positions

7 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to express your candid thoughts and advice about diversity at Koch. We are currently sharing your feedback with our businesses as a reminder of why it’s important to hire, develop and retain team members who are aligned with our culture and offer diverse perspectives. This approach is essential to discovering new opportunities to achieve better results.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company does not value employees

Oct 8, 2018 - Logistics Coordinator in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent wage, great coworkers, job independence

Cons

This company does not care about their employees well being or work life balance. Mostly members of what we referred to as “the boys club” get promoted, even if they aren’t qualified. You can go 5+years with no raise, even if you work your butt off. I was fortunate to get a raise every year but most are not. I had members of management call me obscenities with no consequences. That is completely inappropriate. Managers would leave at 4pm to go golf while their employees stayed until 7pm working their tail off. Those were male managers, of course. I did not feel that women were treated equally at this company.

3 people found this review helpful