Kodak Alaris Reviews

Updated May 22, 2020

3.2
Kodak Alaris CEO Marc Jourlait
Marc Jourlait
Pros
  • "Great people and team work in a variety of disciplines(in 11 reviews)

• "The people behind Kodak Alaris work hard as a team to write the next chapter in the organization(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Created from emergence from Eastman Kodak bankruptcy(in 7 reviews)

• "Kodak Alaris is still working to become profitable, which means there has been - and continues to be - some "right-sizing"(in 7 reviews)

1. "Graphic Designer"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great team of designers and supportive Marketing Manager. Encouraged to design out of the box and create without limitations. Trainings were encouraged by the manager and paid for by the company. I experienced teamwork at all levels within my department and outside of my department.

Cons

Selling the company to partners in Dubai was most unfortunate.

February 6, 2019Global Talent Director

Thank you for your comment and 5 star review! We are very glad you had a great experience while working at Kodak Alaris. We take our employees' career development very seriously and are happy to hear your manager encouraged and supported you.

2. "Its all about the people, only the people. Needs approval for new, challenging ideas"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People, Fancy office, work from home flexible, SOME new technologies, games (board games, shuffleboard), and great coffee.

Cons

Room for growth is very less, tough to push new ideas especially if you always want to do something new

Continue reading
  3. "No Room for Growth or Advancement"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent compensation, senior leadership is mostly great and very personable, global company, lots of great people with great experience, work life balance is excellent

Cons

Being in declining industries and markets means there is almost no room to develop or advance. Most vacant positions are eliminated unless you are an engineer. The company has no leadership development and all of the new exciting projects go to the same people. There is no investment in technology, while many systems are old and outdated. The company likes to say they are data driven, but there is little evidence of that. The company hasn't surveyed its employees in a while, so who knows what the overall sentiment is. Turnover is high for young professionals. There's a lot of that "but we've always done it that way" attitude because a lot of people have been there over 20 years.

April 23, 2020Internal Communications

We appreciate your comments and your opinion. At Kodak Alaris we work hard to grow and develop our employees. We value the opinions and ideas brought forward by our employees and encourage the sharing of diverse ideas and approaches to creating business solutions.

4. "No room to grow"

I have been working at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people . Caring . They try.. lots false sense of urgency

Cons

Place is slow to move . Aging staff. No change management

February 19, 2020Internal Communications

We appreciate your comments and your opinion. At Kodak Alaris we work hard to grow and develop our employees and business initiatives. We work hard to stay competitive in talent acquisition as well as in the market.

5. "38 years of service"

1.0
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Hartford, CT

I worked at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Reasonable salary and benefits Management easily accessible Work independently with little interference from management

Cons

Slowly dwindling equipment base that will soon fall victim to paperless documentation.

February 19, 2020Internal Communications

6. "Declining category limits internal growth"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager

I worked at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Global presence Collaborative environment Some good leaders

Cons

Created from emergence from Eastman Kodak bankruptcy. Continuous restructuring to improve profitability. President is an active leader in the board which limits new ideas

January 22, 2020Internal Communications

Thank you for your comment and review. Across Kodak Alaris, innovation is shared by all parties. We strive to go to market with the most innovative products and with a great employee team behind our solutions.

7. "Working at Kodak Alaris"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Creating and Selling a product that has an emotional angle with our customers

Cons

Minimal growth and new products in a declining industry. Slow to market.

January 22, 2020Internal Communications

Thank you for your comment and review. At Kodak Alaris we work hard to provide the most innovative product solutions in the industry.

8. "Corporate lives in a "vacuum" of never ending bean counters."

2.0
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Richmond, VA

I worked at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good salary versus other Tech companies

Cons

Too many people from the last 20 years that have retired on the job. Too many "yes" men afraid to tell the company the truth it needs to survive. Every time that you adjust to carry one load, someone with a "get ahead" idea throws another brick on your cart until you collapse, then blames you for not being able to perform for every insane dog and pony show . New systems integrated several years ago are providing a plethora of data with Corporate bean counters drooling over never ending spreadsheets that lead to nowhere. Instead of leading the industry, they go to the universal college of Corporate dictatorship, using every buzzword from synergy to "tiger teams." A "lets do it because everyone else is" attitude. Can't seem to recognize bad money making segments of the industry. Now owned by the British Govt., awaiting to see them on the next episode of Dr. Who.

January 22, 2020Internal Communications

Thank you for your feedback. At Kodak Alaris, we strive to give each and every one of our employees a healthy work-life balance. New hires entering KA receive a generous vacation package alongside several other employee benefits. When you sign on to work at KA you're entering a pool of employees that collaborate and work hard to provide the best solutions in the market.

9. "Company on the rebound, need to focus on people more."

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company on the rebound, adjusting to the new world economy.

Cons

Bottom line is disproportionately prioritized over the people who make the bottom line happen.

January 21, 2020Internal Communications

We appreciate your comments. At Kodak Alaris, we work hard to grow and develop our employees alongside business objectives. We value the opinions and ideas brought forward by our employees and will continue to work with incoming feedback to excel the business forward.

"Not Recommended"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Kodak Alaris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work/life balance and flexible hours.

Cons

Working atmosphere was horrible. Benefits were horrible (no free beverages of any kind, healthcare was unaffordable, no 401k match). Salary was horrible. Constant layoffs. Priorities constantly shifting.

January 22, 2020Internal Communications

We appreciate your comments and your opinion. At Kodak Alaris we work hard to grow and develop our employees. In 2018 we moved into our new home at Rochester Technology Park and now have an open-concept office space with numerous employee benefits like free coffee, gym space, and a micro-market for food and beverages. We will continue to develop our employees and business objectives for the future.

Found 137 reviews