KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Great Place to WOrk

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great thing about working at Koddi is flexibility, culture, time off, work life balance, perks and benefits. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

There are very few things that are cons, but Koddi was a start up company that is coming out of that start up stage. So there are a few growing pains. growing rapidly and struggling to scale...etc.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for everyone

Apr 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced environment Fairly transparent communication Can give you a great start to your career Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Leadership is hit or miss Work life balance doesn't really exist

1 person found this review helpful

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Except for Engineering Team

Jul 24, 2020 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is good with lots of benefits and great culture. They have an annual retreat where they fly out employees from all branches to a different part of the country to spend a few days. Biweekly Lunch and Learns, snacks and drinks, swag for new hires including a small Away suitcase. On the software engineering side of things: you learn a lot in a short time.

Cons

Things may have changed since my leave, but when I was there in 2019, the engineering team was absolutely toxic. Just to name a few: - Seniors make you feel stupid for asking questions - Asking for help was almost always answered with a "No" - Was once furiously told that I was "literally wasting all of our time" while getting assistance. No repercussion for person who said that, no follow up. How do you call that a team? - Spoke out about not getting assistance and was told to keep on asking... "Type A Personalities" isn't an excuse for behavior that causes a toxic team environment.

11 people found this review helpful

Koddi Response

Human Resources Generalist

Hi there! Thank you for your review, we are truly sorry to hear about this experience. We are a people first company, so it is extremely important to us that each and every employee feels valued and heard and we have high standards for how everyone is treated. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our employee experience; we recently began launching entry surveys to get input from our current employees on how everything is going. We would love a chance to understand your experience better so no other employee has to go through a similar circumstance. If you are open to it, please reach out to us by contacting us at peopleandculture@koddi.com. We hope you reach out directly so we can rectify this. Thank you, The People & Culture Department at Koddi

5. 5.0

The truth

Sep 27, 2019 - Software Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Koddi has been an awesome company that has fully invested itself in my growth as a developer. I started here directly out of a bootcamp so, my knowledge was limited initially. In the beginning, it could have been very overwhelming going from building foundational projects to working on enterprise level software. However, Koddi exercised patience and, maybe more importantly, a lot of freedom with me. I was able to find aspects of the software that interested me, and learn/work on those things. That let my curiosity lead the way, which I believe resulted in quicker and more substantial growth over the past year.

I’ve been able to gain different certifications throughout my year here, I’ve been challenged every step of the way, I’ve gotten better and I’ve been rewarded for my progress on more than one occasion. To me, as a developer, that’s the most important part in choosing where to work. Growth. Koddi has far exceeded my expectations in that area. As far as company culture and environment, it’s pretty much everything that you could ask for. Great people, nobody is rude or negative, and everyone genuinely just wants to help each other. They sponsor all kinds of things. I won’t even get into detail here, but be ready to travel every once in a while. There’s snacks, regular company lunches and outings, and they’re very accommodating as far as time off goes. I never feel like I have too much to do, or that the job is interfering with family life. They’re transparent with company performance and direction, and they regularly look for input from places besides senior leadership. It really is an awesome place to be.

Cons

As far as cons go, I think it really is about the individual. Nothing in life is perfect, and I can't say I've had a perfect experience here. But, what I can say is that the few gripes that I have had, they've listened to me and accommodated me on everything. This is the kind of environment where the expectation of you is to do what you were brought on to do, and look for areas to grow for yourself and the company. If you're doing that, any issue that you have is just a matter of bringing it up and they will do what they can to make sure that you're happy. You take care of the company, and be vocal about your needs, and they're going to take care of you.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

What a well run company looks like...

Sep 26, 2018 - Junior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you've done research on Koddi there are a few things you might already know, one being, the culture in this company is UNMATCHED, they CARE about their employees. Then two, you will grow here exponentially in knowledge. Nothing they do here is easy or done half way, you strive every day as a new developer to learn and its a virtual lock that you do. All developers here want to see everyone succeed. Its just better for all and that kind of work ethic is contagious. Don't know how any other company can compare.

Cons

Update training... and I know for a fact they already are.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Jul 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing energy and driven coworkers. -Impressive/inspiring to work in a company where people are so talented. -Encouraged and have the room and space to really drive those talents for your future. -Great health benefits -Open workspaces and generally relaxed work enviroment -Company wide transparency -Challenging work (never bored) -Career Path guidance -Innovative Work place and people -The snacks (side perk)

Cons

-Work hours can be long -Follow through with projects can be long to get answers or concept to completion doesn't always happen -No stand up desks -Maybe need an outdoor patio (wishlist not really a con)

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Koddi rocked

May 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you optimize for professional growth, Koddi is in the top .1% of companies to join. You will work for some of the most talented ICs in the business, and will learn at a way faster rate than most of your peers. You will get more than you give -- This is a super rare thing.

Cons

If you're looking for something easy, hard pass.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Apr 25, 2017 - Senior Account Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced environment - opportunity for growth and self-improvement - employees are autonomous and empowered

Cons

- lack of structure can be difficult to navigate - if you cannot work in a fast-paced environment, it can be stressful

10. 5.0

Campaign Analyst

Apr 20, 2017 - Campaign Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ample opportunity to prove yourself, challenging and engaging work environment, good company culture, lots of variety in the day to day, the CEO is very engaged in making sure each employee can carve out there own future,

Cons

Can be challenging to find answers to your questions, there can be a lot of responsibility placed on you, very high expectations for their employees

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is a great to place to work

Apr 20, 2017 - Senior Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative and free thinking environment. Open to testing new and creative ideas. Flat structure. Premium benefits.

Cons

Work hours can be long.

1 person found this review helpful